Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy?

+6
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Whitesince63
Norpig
Culcheth_White
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Sun Sep 01 2013, 09:33

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Apparently Blackpool still want to sign Matt Mills on loan from us and Dougie has targeted Paddy McCarthy, the Crystal Palace centre half as a potential signing.

2Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Sun Sep 01 2013, 09:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

they can have Mills if they want, but never heard of McCarthy to be honest. Did he play regularly play last season?

3Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Sun Sep 01 2013, 09:43

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:they can have Mills if they want, but never heard of McCarthy to be honest. Did he play regularly play last season?
McCarthy is a solid central defender and he was Palace's captain in the 2010/11 season. He missed all of last season with a groin injury. He's still under contract at Palace, so I guess he could be a possible loan signing, unless Dougie is given some more funds.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Culcheth_White on Sun Sep 01 2013, 09:44; edited 1 time in total

4Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Sun Sep 01 2013, 09:43

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Leicester fans still rate Mills highly, we've actually seen very little of him so how can he settle into the side when he's never given a chance? Can you honestly say he can be worse than Knight who idiot Freedman has so much faith in. Doesn't matter who he signs we've seen the standard of player he rates so let's hope he's gone before he saddles us with any more donkeys.

5Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Sun Sep 01 2013, 10:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From the few games Mills played last season, he didn't impress me at all, he even made Knight look cultured!
Its pretty obvious that a Knight/Wheater partnership doesn't work so one or both needs to go

6Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Sun Sep 01 2013, 10:54

Whitesince63 wrote:Leicester fans still rate Mills highly,
No, they really don't.

7Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Sun Sep 01 2013, 11:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Leicester fans still rate Mills highly, we've actually seen very little of him so how can he settle into the side when he's never given a chance? Can you honestly say he can be worse than Knight who idiot Freedman has so much faith in.
I just remember that Notts Forest game last season at the Reebok - Mills put in the worst performance I have ever seen from a BWFC player. He lost everything in the air to 5'8'' Simon Cox, everything on the ground, and looked slower than Sam Allardyce in the buffet queue.

8Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Sun Sep 01 2013, 18:38

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Whitesince63 wrote:

Leicester fans still rate Mills highly,

No, they really don't.

Yes they really do smart arse if you speak to the ones I do. He wasn't given much of a chance there either after Pearson came in. I'm not saying he's a world beater or even is good enough but surely he should at least have a chance given the present incumbents. Natasha against Forest to be fair he'd only just come back from injury, hadn't been playing at Leicester and so was clearly not match fit. Add to that the other crap players alongside him and it's pretty hard to look good.

9Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Sun Sep 01 2013, 18:40

Dougie has already said we won't be signing anyone tomorrow, he is waiting for the loan window to open.

10Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Sun Sep 01 2013, 18:42

Whitesince63 wrote:Whitesince63 wrote:

Leicester fans still rate Mills highly,

No, they really don't.

Yes they really do smart arse if you speak to the ones I do. He wasn't given much of a chance there either after Pearson came in. I'm not saying he's a world beater or even is good enough but surely he should at least have a chance given the present incumbents. Natasha against Forest to be fair he'd only just come back from injury, hadn't been playing at Leicester and so was clearly not match fit. Add to that the other crap players alongside him and it's pretty hard to look good.
Reading fans rate him, that's the last time he played decent football. 

Leicester fans don't.

Im not saying he's got nothing to offer, I haven't seen enough of him I'd be happy enough for anyone to get a go over Knight at the moment.

11Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Sun Sep 01 2013, 18:55

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Excellent 1874 then let's at least agree on that. Unfortunately it's not likely to happen whilst your mate Dougie's still here and Knight's still captain.

12Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Sun Sep 01 2013, 19:31

Whitesince63 wrote:Excellent 1874 then let's at least agree on that. Unfortunately it's not likely to happen whilst your mate Dougie's still here and Knight's still captain.
He ditched the captain last season because he wasn't up to scratch, he shifted Sordell to bring in Moritz. If there are better options out there, all the past evidence says that he'll make brave decisions and do it.

13Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Sun Sep 01 2013, 21:08

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He did rid of SKD ..... I'm giving him credit for that.

by the way if anybody is interested..... at Preston SKD has only played 96 minutes so far.  no goals, no shots, 1 yellow card.......  maybe we should get him back on loan he will fit right in tongue

14Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Sun Sep 01 2013, 21:15

terenceanne wrote:He did rid of SKD ..... I'm giving him credit for that.

by the way if anybody is interested..... at Preston SKD has only played 96 minutes so far.  no goals, no shots, 1 yellow card.......  maybe we should get him back on loan he will fit right in tongue
Tell Waynagain terrence, he's under the impression SKD should never have been let go.

15Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Sun Sep 01 2013, 21:17

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Waynagain knows a lot about a little.

16Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Sun Sep 01 2013, 22:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Leicester fans still rate Mills highly, we've actually seen very little of him so how can he settle into the side when he's never given a chance? Can you honestly say he can be worse than Knight who idiot Freedman has so much faith in. Doesn't matter who he signs we've seen the standard of player he rates so let's hope he's gone before he saddles us with any more donkeys.
Christ on a bike! Did you actually watch any of Mills performances in a white shirt 63?

17Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Mon Sep 02 2013, 09:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote: looked slower than Sam Allardyce in the buffet queue.
I have seen Allardyce in a buffet queue. He was faster than a cheetah on steroids when the platter of cod goujons appeared.

18Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Mon Sep 02 2013, 10:15

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:Leicester fans still rate Mills highly, we've actually seen very little of him so how can he settle into the side when he's never given a chance? Can you honestly say he can be worse than Knight who idiot Freedman has so much faith in. Doesn't matter who he signs we've seen the standard of player he rates so let's hope he's gone before he saddles us with any more donkeys.
Christ on a bike! Did you actually watch any of Mills performances in a white shirt 63?
I don't think anyone's seen much of him RT that's the problem. We don't really know how good he can be if he isn't given a proper chance. I'm not saying he's good just that I can't believe he's worse than what's there already.

19Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Mon Sep 02 2013, 10:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be fair to him he played alright against Tranmere but he was poor last season.

20Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Empty Re: Matt Mills & Paddy McCarthy? Mon Sep 02 2013, 13:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:Dougie has already said we won't be signing anyone tomorrow, he is waiting for the loan window to open.
So am I right in thinking that we can expect nobody in today, but possibly a few out?

If so, this business about waiting for the loan season to open seems as though Dougie will go to great lengths to avoid giving our own youngsters a chance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum