Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No issues with Baptiste & Vela up for loan..

+6
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

“It has been difficult for him,” Freedman said. “But Alex is a good, solid professional and he’s giving me everything he’s got.

He made a small miscalculation the other week against QPR – and we’re talking one or two steps off Clint Hill’s pass – but he has been solid otherwise. I’ve got absolutely no doubts about him at all.”

Freedman previously described Baptiste’s capture, along with fellow free transfer Marc Tierney, as two of the bargains of the summer.

----

Meanwhile, reports suggest that young midfielder Josh Vela could be made available for loan in the near future.

The Salford-born teenager has struggled to hold down a regular first team place because of fitness issues and has made just one appearance this season against Tranmere in the Captial One Cup.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I read somewhere that other clubs couldn't compete with the wages we were offering Baptiste. £22k region was it? Alright, he was a bosman, but that is steep nonetheless.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

That's true, I think Derby pulled out of negotiations with him due to the high wages he wanted.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good news about vela, can see him at somewhere like Yeovil on loan. He needs games

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think it would do Vela the world of good, spending a season on loan at say a decent Championship 2 club.

Loaning Vela out, won't free up any funds though, I reckon he's on a pittance compared to most of our first team squad.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Dougie's paying Baptit £22k per week he should be marched up the Town Hall steps and publically flogged.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

22k ? That can't be right can it ?

Gartside out !!!!

£20,000 is about what we pay for first team players. I'd be surprised if any of the team that started against Blackburn earn less than that (apart from maybe Bogdan).

Is he value for it? I think he's getting some unfair criticism so far, he's been exposed at full back with the system we've played but has been solid overall. I'd sooner pay him £20,000 than Andrews or Mears.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You could buy a car for that ?

Yep you could, well done Scott :clap: .

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I could buy 6 or 7 cars with £20k

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:£20,000 is about what we pay for first team players. I'd be surprised if any of the team that started against Blackburn earn less than that (apart from maybe Bogdan).
Agreed, but the wage situation is something Dougie has to improve, not maintain.

I think people are premature in writing him off but £22k seems a lot, even if he turns out as good as he realistically could, bosman or not.

I don't know what the current average wage in the Championship but it was £4,000 only a couple years back.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:£20,000 is about what we pay for first team players. I'd be surprised if any of the team that started against Blackburn earn less than that (apart from maybe Bogdan).

Is he value for it? I think he's getting some unfair criticism so far, he's been exposed at full back with the system we've played but has been solid overall. I'd sooner pay him £20,000 than Andrews or Mears.
Quite right 74 I also think Baptiste has had a rough ride. Unfortunately as long as Dougie insists on playing Knight at CB we're going to struggle. Personally I'd drop Knight and play Baptiste instead in his proper position and also make him captain. He at least seems to have a bit of attitude which is more than most of the others do. If he sorts it out then he's well worth £20k+.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Yep you could, well done Scott :clap: .
Do you want to go on the undercard ?

I can easy jump into a salt bath and get ready for the weigh in.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gutted Vela is not in contention for a place. He had one bad game but was promising before that.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Am I the only one that read that as 'No issues with Baptiste & Vela up for loan...'? I was about to rant at why Baptiste was being sent out on loan and not Knight!!!!!! and....... relax!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did exactly the same. Aaron you idiot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum