Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How long has Freedman got if this continues ?

+17
Copper Dragon
chipbutty
SKDArmy
doffcocker
JAH
Triumph
rammywhite
Culcheth_White
Lifeofriley
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
scottjames30
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will the board be thinking 'we better start looking just in-case ' or will they just let this rot continue ?

For the life of me I can't see us going on a good run, when we do win ' eventually' we'll probably lose the next two after that.

Will Freedman still be here next week, next month, at Christmas, next year ?

How long would you give him, if we continue to get this point ratio ?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FFS Scott! How many Freedman out threads do we need?
:flog: 

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It really depends if going up is the be all and end all.

I do believe we'll go on a run at some point but I don't think we've shown any signs of being good enough to challenge even for the playoffs at this point so....

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I dont think we are looking capable of even staying up right now, worst manager we have had for me and that's saying something, he has to go now.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he has 3 games, if we don't win one of them and still have 3 or 4 points he'll be on his way.

This is the worst start in 50 years, I can't remember how many games the board gave Sammy Lee, but it's clear they can get shut when need be.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I was thinking the same about sammy lee last night, i'm sure he had been given his marching orders before now?....Having said that he lost the dressing room completely so that was also a factor in him being sacked.

If we don't win one of the next 2 games then i'd say it's time to pack your bags mr.freedman.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thing with Sammy Lee was his heart was in the right place - he wanted to switch from long ball shite to a passing game. His downfall was trying to do it too quickly, but given time who knows what might have happened.

Thing with Freedman is no one can see what he's trying to do with these silly formations, Freedman included.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think we had 5 points from 10 games when Sammy Lee was sacked so watch out Dougie.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I still think Dougie is safe. A win at Brighton on saturday would certainly ease the pressure.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Our away record is terrible though RT, I just can't see it suddenly changing on Saturday.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Aaron, I would happily settle for a draw on Saturday. What with our poor start to the season and more players injured we must be due some good luck for a change.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The set of players Dougie has to choose from their is no way we should be bottom of the league with one of the worst away records in the country.

You make your own luck in life IMO, we can't keep blaming injuries, let's face it Holden has been out of domestic football for 3 years so you can't mention him and Moritz wasn't even match fit before he got injured.

Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Can't see Dougie getting the boot unless we go down - and I hope he doesn't!

Can see what he's trying to do. Unfortunately, we have players that don't want to play for the team. Or are incapable because they're shite.

Can't believe people have forgotten our form from Feb onwards last season. It's been a shit start but i'll guarantee we'll get a run together soon.

Some of the fans calling for his head already are disillusional. 

And, i swear, if i hear one more 'Big Sam wouldn't have had us here' or 'I wish we still had Big Sam' i'll go ape shit.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:Will the board be thinking 'we better start looking just in-case ' or will they just let this rot continue ?

For the life of me I can't see us going on a good run, when we do win ' eventually' we'll probably lose the next two after that.

Scott, I thought you said Tony Pulis was being lined up as Dougie's replacement?

I can't see Dougie being given the chop just yet, I reckon Gartside & Eddie will probably give him until the end of this year to see if he can turn things around.

I don't think the club can afford the hefty compensation either, that it would cost to pay them all off.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've said it a few times- he needs a better assistant manager. Lawrence is a geriatric- again last night he sat there the whole match with his legs crossed, offering nothing.
Get a decent deputy to help Dougie  and we'll be challenging for the playoffs by the end of January.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

scottjames30 wrote:Will the board be thinking 'we better start looking just in-case ' or will they just let this rot continue ?

Anyone who actually went the game last night will know why he is staying for the duration so forget the DF out posts it ain't going to happen.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:
Anyone who actually went the game last night will know why he is staying for the duration so forget the DF out posts it ain't going to happen.
I went last night and have no idea what you mean.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:I've said it a few times- he needs a better assistant manager. Lawrence is a geriatric- again last night he sat there the whole match with his legs crossed, offering nothing.
Get a decent deputy to help Dougie  and we'll be challenging for the playoffs by the end of January.
What difference does a deputy make? Are you saying Dougie makes all his baffling decisions on the advice of Lawrence?

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:I've said it a few times- he needs a better assistant manager. Lawrence is a geriatric- again last night he sat there the whole match with his legs crossed, offering nothing.
What difference does a deputy make? Are you saying Dougie makes all his baffling decisions on the advice of Lawrence?
No I'm not- exactly the opposite. If he had an assistant like Jimmy Phillips he might get some decent suggestions made as to how they should play.
At the minute the pair of them appear to be rather short of any intelligence on tactical formation

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Or... Phil Brown or Peter Reid.

Big Sam might be up for being a number 2 if we sold the ambition to him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum