Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you think United's domination will come to and end now?

+4
doffcocker
scottjames30
karlypants
Michael Bolton
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

All great teams/clubs come to an end at some point, I mean look at Liverpool, not won the league since the 1980s. 
United have dominated English football these past 20 years simply because of Ferguson. Last season it was incredible that his team won the league by 11 points considering how ordinary his midfield was with the likes of a 39 year old Giggs,  Cleverley, Valencia, Young and Carrick. But that was what was amazing about Ferguson, he got absolutely everything out of his players, he had no time for Charlies who didn't give their all and they played excellent as a team. 

But looking at the team yesterday, it was just totally devoid of quality. I spent half my time laughing when watching Valencia play. He is hopeless. Carrick has been talked about as being so amazing in past seasons but he isn't, he is no better than Flamini. Cleverely is rubbish, Welbeck is a rich man's Nathan Blake and Ashley Young is just a rich man's Wayne Routledge.

They did undoubtedly miss RVP and they miss Nani and Kagawa too. But United were a joke this summer in the transfer market, they seemed cheap skates, can you believe they initially offered £25m for Fabregas? Surely if they were serious and wanted him they would offer £40m to start off with. Fellaini was clearly a desperation signing as they could have got him for £4m cheaper by a certain date but didn't move for him. 

I think United's domination is coming to an end. The only way they can compete with the very best (especially in Europe against the likes of Bayern, Barca and Madrid) is to spend big, big money and I don't think you will see that from United under the Glazers.

What do you think?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Should be: Do you think United's domination will come to an end now?

Would you like a speak and spell? Very Happy

Last edited by karlypants on Mon Sep 23 2013, 16:58; edited 1 time in total

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They're a mid table club now.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

United had some rotten days under Ferguson, particularly at City and Anfield. They could have done worse than draw at home to Chelsea too.

Far too early to write David Moyes off I think.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I reckon that job will finally make his eyeballs pop right out.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

karlypants wrote:
Should be: Do you think United's domination will come to an end now?

Would you like a speak and spell? Very Happy
You are starting to get on my man tits.

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

They won't get into the Champions League never mind win the title.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

haha right you are.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

kennster wrote:They won't get into the Champions League never mind win the title.
I think you could be right. City, Spurs and Arsenal are impressing me far more than United so far and my team Chelsea will surely come good with our amazing superstars.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

United will win the league.

Fellaini is a fucking beast.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think RVP will end up at Spurs in January .

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I think RVP will end up at Spurs in January .
He definitely won't be leaving united.

Didn't he sign a new extended contract?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I can see where you are coming from with the thread but IMO since Chelsea came into all their money I don't think United have been that dominant.

They were lucky to win the league last year, if Benitez had got chelsea playing sooner last year they would have won the league instead.

United now have one of the most bland midfields in the league IMO, Felaini looked totally outclassed by City.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum