Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Billy Sharp - Worth a punt?

+4
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Empty Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Thu Sep 26 2013, 19:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just gone to Reading on loan.

Probably thought he would have no chance of getting a game at a team that already has Ngog and Beckford!

Reading have completed the loan signing of Southampton striker Billy Sharp until January.

Sharp, 27, arrived at St Mary's for £1.8m from Doncaster in January 2012, but spent much of last season on loan at Nottingham Forest after helping the Saints get promoted to Premier League.

By moving to Championship side Reading he is reunited with manager Nigel Adkins, who signed him for Southampton.

Sharp will be in the Reading squad for Saturday's game against Birmingham.

Following the move, Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino has drawn a line under Sharp's time at the club and does not think he'll be able to earn a reprieve like fellow striker Tadanari Lee.

"No, not really," Pochettino told BBC Radio Solent.

"He was never a player who was part of my plans. Our squad is closed, we have the right number of players so there is no coming back."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Thu Sep 26 2013, 19:20

Shame I'd definitely have signed him, although I've heard he was on good money at Southampton (close to £30,000) so financially probably unfeasible.

Not to mention the fact he'd be mad to choose us over Reading at the moment.

3Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Thu Sep 26 2013, 20:16

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Has Adam Le Fondre gone on loan somewhere or is he still at Reading? He's a player i'd love to see us sign.

4Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Thu Sep 26 2013, 21:30

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Think he's readings leading scorer this season

5Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Thu Sep 26 2013, 21:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I suggested Billy Sharp in the Summer, he'll always score goals at Championship level.

Looks like Rob Earnshaw is our last hope.

6Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Thu Sep 26 2013, 21:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Looks like Rob Earnshaw is our last hope.
I still think Beckford will come come good. Once he gets off the mark and opens his account I expect him to go from strength to strength.

7Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Thu Sep 26 2013, 22:16

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

With the right service I agree Reebok but the way Freedman sets the team up he has no chance. You could sign Messi and he'd struggle under Dougie the Dope.

8Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Thu Sep 26 2013, 22:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:With the right service I agree Reebok but the way Freedman sets  the team up he has no chance. You could sign Messi and he'd struggle under Dougie the Dope.
When playing Ngog or Beckford up front it has to be the through ball just in front of the strikers. Ball to feet is the key. Unfortunately Knight and Mills tend to go for hoofball and seeing as SKD is no longer with us, it's a pointless exercise.

9Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Thu Sep 26 2013, 22:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought Beckford was a decent signing. And while I agree that the service has been shambolic, he's still far too weak when he's had the ball and too damn lazy when he hasn't.

The simple fact is we should never have let Klasnic go. If you're going to have a lazy bugger upfront it might as well be a lazy bugger that will score 15+ goals a season.

10Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Thu Sep 26 2013, 22:26

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cricket Nat that's twice I've agreed with you tonight, I'm getting worried. 74' more banter get me out of here!, lol

11Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Thu Sep 26 2013, 22:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Everyone agrees with me in the end.

12Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Fri Sep 27 2013, 00:11

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Everyone agrees with me in the end.
I think you need work on your verbiage.  Just sounds so wrong.

13Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Billy Sharp - Worth a punt? Fri Sep 27 2013, 08:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Everyone agrees with me in the end.
That's because you do more U turns than the Waltzer so it's inevitable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum