Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do we have lift off???

+6
Tigermin
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Hip Priest
Banks of the Croal
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do we have lift off??? Empty Do we have lift off??? Wed Oct 02 2013, 00:21

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Are we on the up, didn't go tonight but it sounded like we played well and our new loanees made a difference.

Good result at Brum and we could be on our way.

Or are we still pissing in the wind?

2Do we have lift off??? Empty Re: Do we have lift off??? Wed Oct 02 2013, 01:37

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Big improvements tonight but Dougie still too over cautious IMO. If we'd have gone for it tonight we'd have pissed it. He's called for people to express themselves but under his strait-jacket like formations it's difficult to see how they can. Beckford ran his bollocks off up front but with no support whatsoever for much of the time he was p1ssing in the wind.

3Do we have lift off??? Empty Re: Do we have lift off??? Wed Oct 02 2013, 07:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think DF was overcautious HP - we had the better chances but didn't take them.
Main thing for me was a solid defensive performance and the first clean sheet since Adam was a lad.
DF effectively played 2 strikers away from home which was positive, although the new lad was fairly anonymous from what I gather.
Do we have lift-off? Not yet, but I thought that was a lot better and a step in the right direction. If that level of performance can be maintained we will start winning again, but we need to be more ruthless when the chances come along.

4Do we have lift off??? Empty Re: Do we have lift off??? Wed Oct 02 2013, 12:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll do well to get another point at Birmingham.

5Do we have lift off??? Empty Re: Do we have lift off??? Wed Oct 02 2013, 13:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

if we could find a striker that can actually score then we would have lift off.

6Do we have lift off??? Empty Re: Do we have lift off??? Wed Oct 02 2013, 13:03

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hip Priest wrote:Big improvements tonight but Dougie still too over cautious IMO. If we'd have gone for it tonight we'd have pissed it. He's called for people to express themselves but under his strait-jacket like formations it's difficult to see how they can. Beckford ran his bollocks off up front but with no support whatsoever for much of the time he was p1ssing in the wind.
Spot on HP ,new lad Feeney had a good hour and as you say Beckford ran his tits off but you cant do a lot on your own or you are being backed up by El Prat on the left !!!! Left for fucks sake he can only just manage to stand on his left foot never mind kick with it, an absolute fuck up of a decision from DF. He gave a master class in man marking space,he is effing class at that but give him someone to close down or god forbid put a well timed tackle in then Im afraid thats a step to far. Ream had a good game as did the back four in general but you cant score goals with one up front as our goal tally thus far proves. He will play the same system on saturday for sure.

7Do we have lift off??? Empty Re: Do we have lift off??? Wed Oct 02 2013, 13:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

442 is old fashioned don't you know?

8Do we have lift off??? Empty Re: Do we have lift off??? Wed Oct 02 2013, 14:08

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

My guts are always right- and my gut feeling is that the worst is behind us. There's signs of life in the team now and I reckon that it'll be a slow grind up the table.
Doesn't mean we'll get much at Birmingham though

9Do we have lift off??? Empty Re: Do we have lift off??? Wed Oct 02 2013, 14:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BBC:
"Goalscoring run comes to an end
The goalless draw ends Blackpool's record of scoring in every Championship game this season.
Blackpool, who are enjoying their best start in 18 years, could have gone second with a win, but they found themselves under pressure for long periods.
Blackpool are now without a win in their last three but could count themselves lucky to take a point after the woodwork prevented Beckford from scoring and Tim Ream fired over from just six yards out for Bolton."

Definitely a step in the right direction.
Dougie showed a lot of bottle in dropping Lee and Ngog on top of benching Knight again.

10Do we have lift off??? Empty Re: Do we have lift off??? Wed Oct 02 2013, 23:28

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I agree Wanderlust it was definitely a step in the right direction, but what really did my head in last night was leaving Eagles out (esp. for Pratley who was woeful all night and just looked totally lost stuck out on the left wing for the full 90 mins). One of our main problems at the moment is a lack of creativity and the only player we have who's capable of creating or scoring a goal out of nothing is Eagles.
Although we never looked like conceding we never really looked like scoring either,Eagles would have given us a much better chance of creating something on the break.

11Do we have lift off??? Empty Re: Do we have lift off??? Thu Oct 03 2013, 07:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:I agree Wanderlust it was definitely a step in the right direction, but what really did my head in last night was leaving Eagles out (esp. for Pratley who was woeful all night and just looked totally lost stuck out on the left wing for the full 90 mins). One of our main problems at the moment is a lack of creativity and the only player we have who's capable of creating or scoring a goal out of nothing is Eagles.
Although we never looked like conceding we never really looked like scoring either,Eagles would have given us a much better chance of creating something on the break.
Understand that HP but even though the team was set up not to concede, we created plenty of opportunities. Eagles might possibly have created more without compromising our defensive structure, but the issue was finishing.
At least Beckford hit the post instead of screwing it wide, so he's definitely getting closer.

12Do we have lift off??? Empty Re: Do we have lift off??? Thu Oct 03 2013, 10:13

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

At the moment eagles should be playing just behind Beckford until moritz is fit and in a few months time, mark Davies will be pushing for a spot in the team as well. I don't think we'll see the best of Beckford until one of the above mentioned duo are fit to play.

13Do we have lift off??? Empty Re: Do we have lift off??? Thu Oct 03 2013, 12:55

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Too early to say.... a decent performance against Brum and we can discuss it.  First things first...and that is to get out of the bottom three.

14Do we have lift off??? Empty Re: Do we have lift off??? Thu Oct 03 2013, 13:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:At the moment eagles should be playing just behind Beckford until moritz is fit and in a few months time, mark Davies will be pushing for a spot in the team as well. I don't think we'll see the best of Beckford until one of the above mentioned duo are fit to play.
Beckford has a lot to prove. He's had plenty of chances and failed to convert any of them. It's all well and good saying that Eagles, Moritz or Mavies could create more chances for him, but what evidence is there that it would make any difference if he's missing the chances he is getting now?

Wouldn't creating more chances for him to miss be a negative thing?

15Do we have lift off??? Empty Re: Do we have lift off??? Thu Oct 03 2013, 13:33

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:At the moment eagles should be playing just behind Beckford until moritz is fit and in a few months time, mark Davies will be pushing for a spot in the team as well. I don't think we'll see the best of Beckford until one of the above mentioned duo are fit to play.
Beckford has a lot to prove. He's had plenty of chances and failed to convert any of them. It's all well and good saying that Eagles, Moritz or Mavies could create more chances for him, but what evidence is there that it would make any difference if he's missing the chances he is getting now?

Personally, I think Beckford was very unlucky on Tuesday, he hit the post and the Blackpool keeper made a great save from a header too.

I'm sure once Beckford gets a goal, more will follow.

16Do we have lift off??? Empty Re: Do we have lift off??? Thu Oct 03 2013, 13:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sure hope so Culcheth.

17Do we have lift off??? Empty Re: Do we have lift off??? Thu Oct 03 2013, 15:45

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:

The lad tripped over his own feet twice going in one on one.  He went wide this week on one he should have put in.  If he comes good, DF will be a hero.  If he continues to miss the target, he'll send DF packing.  Yes, I'm rooting for him to come good (SOON).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum