Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jermaine Beckford determined to top Bolton Wanderers goal charts

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jermaine Beckford is determined to be Wanderers’ top scorer by the end of the season.

Alex Baptiste has unexpectedly led the club’s scoring charts of late, but after breaking his league duck at Birmingham prior to the international break, summer signing Beckford made it two goals in two games with another good finish against Sheffield Wednesday.

Unfortunately for Baptiste, and for the Whites, the defender found the net at the wrong end to give Dave Jones’s Owls a share of the spoils.

But Beckford certainly was not about to start playing the blame game.

“It’s one of those things,” he said. “Baps is a strong professional and he won’t let it get to him. He has scored some vital goals for us.

“It was unlucky and overall he had a good game. Hopefully the next one he scores will be in the right net.”

Asked what he would have done if roles had been reversed and he’d scored the own goal, Beckford’s predatory instincts shone through.

“I am a striker,” he countered, “are you trying to jinx me?”

“I have only just got off the mark. If he stops scoring, though, I will be top scorer; that’s what I am hoping for.”

Beckford has taken some time to find his feet in a Wanderers shirt and he believes that work is still very much in progress.

“We are still getting used to how each other plays,” he said. “When we are under pressure sometimes we have to hit the ball high and I will do what I can when I am at the top. But when the ball is on the floor, it’s when I am most dangerous.

“The boys are brilliant they are trying to find me whenever they can. It’s just a matter of time before we turn someone over and get a few goals.” 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not a very high target to aim for is it?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Not a very high target to aim for is it?
I don't know, he still needs two goals to top the chart. That could happen before May I guess.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Not a very high target to aim for is it?
I don't know, he still needs two goals to top the chart. That could happen before May I guess.
Touch and go considering his emphasis was on Baptiste not scoring any more rather than the shedload he was bought to get.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum