Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Firemen - Do You Give a Shit About Them?

+8
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
kennster
scottjames30
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So the proposed firefighters strike has been called off at the last minute as progress has been made over their pensions.

But do you consider the firemen a vital part of British society or a bunch of under-achieving thick bastards who deserve no more than the minimum wage?

Be honest, have you actually ever seen a real fire? In all my 27 years I have never witnessed a serious fire that needed a 999 call. What do firemen actually do? Rescue cats from trees and cut silly bastards out of cars that drive too fast?

Of course cats should be rescued from trees, but should the British taxpayer be held to ransom by these people? Let's face it, they're not policemen or ambulancemen, who are both vital.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Fri Nov 01 2013, 12:33; edited 1 time in total

Who are you asking, the firemen or us?

Only the title's a bit ambiguous.

Cheers.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorted. Cheers.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Most firemen i know of are complete wankers.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat, do you not remember that big explosion near Masefield primary school in little lever ?

Where you still in the ghetto then ?

There all wankers though.

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Miss Whittam, if you we're trapped in your house which is on fire would you want a 60 year old trying to save you?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My mum used to love the fireman's calendar in her later years so my sister bought her one every year at Christmas. She never tired of the "look at the size of his hose" jokes (February).

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes I do, they turn out to work at various hours of the day and provide services more than just the name suggests. Obviously they have gone on strike for a reason, in this case pension erosion, and as such who am I to slap off a working man or woman that makes a stance?
I would hold this opinion even if you happened to turn out to work Nat!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

kennster wrote:Miss Whittam, if you we're trapped in your house which is on fire would you want a 60 year old trying to save you?
I live in a penthouse suite.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
kennster wrote:Miss Whittam, if you we're trapped in your house which is on fire would you want a 60 year old trying to save you?
And Paris Hilton is the president of the USA ::FU:: 

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Most coppers are wankers too.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nat, if you were to really live in a penthouse, and I don't mean the attic of your bungalow, who would you expect to come and help you?. Having said that, would you want to be thrown over a shoulder of a man who isnt at his physical best ? You know there is no alternative to the Fire Service, and a fit and healthy fireman, capable of carting fat tarts about, is a necessity.

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha Whittam wrote:
If you we're trapped in your "Penthouse Suite" and a raging fire was going through the buliding would you want a 60 year old coming to your aid?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The government are doing to the fire service what they did to the police. An increase into pension contributions and 35 years mandatory service instead of 30. The coppers are not allowed to go on strike so they have had to grin and bear it. The fire fighters union balloted their members and their strike action is perfectly legal.

The emergency services wont forget the way they have been treated so it's going to be interesting to see how things pan out the next time we have civil riots and outbreaks of unrest throughout the country. The last time it kicked off they had to draft coppers into London from the north west leaving the likes of Manchester under policed.

They are also adopting a slash and burn policy with all the armed services as well. The idea being that they will supplement the shortfall in personnel with volunteers. Incredibly naive or shamefully disingenuous? Take your pick.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

They have volunteers in the Army so why not in the fire brigade?
Camoron will stand up to the weak, but the the man trembles at a bunch of bwankers!!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Nat, if you were to really live in a penthouse, and I don't mean the attic of your bungalow, who would you expect to come and help you?. Having said that, would you want to be thrown over a shoulder of a man who isnt at his physical best ? You know there is no alternative to the Fire Service, and a fit and healthy fireman, capable of carting fat tarts about, is a necessity.
Made me chuckle that Glos! Laughing 

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:They have volunteers in the Army so why not in the fire brigade?
Camoron will stand up to the weak, but the the man trembles at a bunch of bwankers!!
They also have volunteers in the Police force as well SK.

But are you telling me that ALL the volunteers are going to put the same effort in as some of those getting paid full time who are on £20,000+?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:They have volunteers in the Army so why not in the fire brigade?
They also have volunteers in the Police force as well SK.

But are you telling me that ALL the volunteers are going to put the same effort in as some of those getting paid full time who are on £20,000+?

Fucking Mugs, i wouldn't get out of bet for that, never mind do that shite for that.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

They used to have, indeed my brother was one of them.

It was called the AFS (Auxillary Fire Service) it was disbanded in 1968.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I blame Fireman Sam for the negativity towards firemen/firefighters (PC version).

It just makes a mockery of a great public service.......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum