Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedman happy for the fans

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Freedman happy for the fans  Empty Freedman happy for the fans Sat Nov 02 2013, 22:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman says he was delighted for the travelling fans as Bolton ran out 2-0 winners against Bournemouth at the Goldsands Stadium.

Over 1,000 travelling fans were on hand to witness goals at the end of each half from David Ngog and Jermaine Beckford as Wanderers extend their unbeaten run to six.

“I am happy for the travelling fans,” Freedman said in his post-match press. “We had 1,000 fans here who all made the long journey to the game and they got what they deserved.

“They saw a performance from their team that was fully committed.

“I thought we got it spot tactically and we frustrated them at times. On the counter attack we created four or five very good opportunities and it could easily have been more. We were fairly comfortable throughout the majority of the game.”

The Whites are now six games unbeaten in the Sky Bet Championship ahead of their final game before the November international break, with Millwall the visitors to the Reebok Stadium in seven days time.

Boss Freedman praised the work rate of his two frontman Ngog and Beckford, who both ran tirelessly in order for Bolton to secure back-to-back league wins on the road.

“We had worked a lot on our tactics this week and I think that showed in the limited number of opportunities Bournemouth were able to create,” the manager explained.

“I thought both of our strikers played very well and it was pleasing to see them get on the scoresheet.

“They both worked very hard and held the ball up well. They are both very talented players and they put in a real shift for the team.

“Overall our performance was very good, Chung Yong Lee showed his desire in midfield and the spirit in the group is starting to build. David Ngog and Jermaine Beckford got what they deserved with their goals.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Freedman happy for the fans  Empty Re: Freedman happy for the fans Sat Nov 02 2013, 22:54

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Is this not on the match thread already?

3Freedman happy for the fans  Empty Re: Freedman happy for the fans Sat Nov 02 2013, 22:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Is this not on the match thread already?
I don't think so, I will have a check again.

4Freedman happy for the fans  Empty Re: Freedman happy for the fans Sat Nov 02 2013, 22:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

God knows how I have managed to add a repeat article I do not know!

Can someone delete this thread please as it is in the Bournemouth v Bolton thread, apologies for this.

Thanks Smile

5Freedman happy for the fans  Empty Re: Freedman happy for the fans Sat Nov 02 2013, 22:59

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It's on the match thread but no need to delete this thread, this can just be the post match interview thread.

6Freedman happy for the fans  Empty Re: Freedman happy for the fans Sat Nov 02 2013, 23:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:It's on the match thread but no need to delete this thread, this can just be the post match interview thread.
Ok no worries then, cheers Aaron.

7Freedman happy for the fans  Empty Re: Freedman happy for the fans Sun Nov 03 2013, 15:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spot on tactically, says Dougie.
I can't complain about the tactics especially as we won, but it's the one aspect of Dougie's performance that has worried me this season.
I remember last year he was going on about "containment" - which reeked of handing over possession and absorbing pressure which is always a risky business, and not a tactic I'm fond of. Still, we went on a decent run then, but it was very nerve-jangling.
Looks like we're in for more of the same and if it drags us up the table, fair enough.
Don't like to be a nitpicker having just got 3 points from a game which most predicted we'd lose, but I really would prefer a more attacking approach and a focus on keeping the ball rather than riding our luck out of possession.
Maybe Dougie's realised that this current squad are not skilful enough to play possession football so he's going down this route instead?

8Freedman happy for the fans  Empty Re: Freedman happy for the fans Sun Nov 03 2013, 15:39

Agree with all of that Lust. I think that's why he's desperate to sign a new winger, our creative options just aren't consistently effective. Much like Allardyce Dougie's style will rely on a few flair players rather than an all out attacking system, so if they aren't playing well we fail to create chances.

At Palace he had Bolasie and Zaha who were both excellent last season, I think he's got his Glenn Murray in Beckford but I'd expect us to go for a pacy winger in January, we need somebody who can deliver week in week out.

9Freedman happy for the fans  Empty Re: Freedman happy for the fans Sun Nov 03 2013, 19:01

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I agree to a point 74 but in fairness the fact we have no creative midfield player and lots of defensive ones is entirely down to DF because he's signed or loaned them. Not sure what a pacy winger achieves really because if we aren't going to get people into the box any crosses would be wasted.

I think when we get mini Davvo and Holden back and assuming they're fit and back to something like their previous form it will resolve that problem. I'm surprised he hasn't gone for an attacking midfielder to bridge the gap though because I would have thought that would have offered a more creative and supportive option for both N'Gog and Becks.

10Freedman happy for the fans  Empty Re: Freedman happy for the fans Sun Nov 03 2013, 19:12

I think that's why he made funds and signed Moritz who's been unlkucky with injuries. Sounds as if N'gogs now playing that role.

11Freedman happy for the fans  Empty Re: Freedman happy for the fans Sun Nov 03 2013, 22:14

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think that N'Gog can play wide of Beckford but for me it's someone who can support centrally we're really missing. Maybe Moritz would fit that role but we haven't really seen enough of him to tell yet with fitness and injury issues. I would also have hoped Vela could fill that role this year but he seems to have completely disappeared from view. Not sure if he's injured or just not in the picture but he seems to have left the scenario for now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum