Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chung-Yong Lee in Korea Republic squad for upcoming friendlies

+3
JAH
Reebok_Rebel
karlypants
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chung-Yong Lee has been called up to the Korea Republic squad for their upcoming friendly games against Switzerland and Russia.

Having already qualified for next summer’s FIFA World Cup, Korea Republic face Switzerland in Seoul (15 November) and Russia in Dubai (19 November).

The 25-year-old winger will join up with the squad following the weekend’s game against Millwall at the Reebok Stadium.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

shall we take bets on how many mins before he gets injured?

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok_Rebel wrote:shall we take bets on how many mins before he gets injured?
Rebel, have you ever been optimistic about anything in your life? Just an honest question mate. Rack your brains, there must've been a time when you were optimistic about something. What was it?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:shall we take bets on how many mins before he gets injured?
I would rather put bets on how many assists he will get.

He got 2 the last game he played for Korea I think it was, just a shame he can't do it for us at the moment!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would rather he stayed there and forgot to come back.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:I would rather he stayed there and forgot to come back.
Yeah, right, the only player of real quality we have Scotty and you don't want him back. Classic

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Yeah, right, the only player of real quality we have Scotty and you don't want him back. Classic
I'd rather have a player that wants to play for us week in week out rather than someone that can't cross or shoot.

His form is picking up again, although travelling across the world for these pointless friendlies probably won't help. I think he'd benefit from playing with players like Mavies week in week out, both technically good and want to keep the ball on the ground. Hope we see them together again sooner rather than later.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:
I'd rather have a player that wants to play for us week in week out rather than someone that can't cross or shoot.
Your post doesn't make sense Scott, he does want to play for us week in week out...

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:
Your post doesn't make sense Scott, he does want to play for us week in week out...
If another club came in for him he'll snap their hands off.

Trust me he'd be glad of a move.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:
karlypants wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:
If another club came in for him he'll snap their hands off.

Trust me he'd be glad of a move.
Well now let's look at this sensibly Scotty, he's a high quality player who came to play in the PL and by all accounts was being looked at by several "big" clubs before his injury. He's now playing for a crummy (sorry but we are currently) bottom of the Championship outfit. Now wouldn't you snap someone's hand of if something more suited to your ability came along? I don't doubt for one minute he'll give his all and good luck to him if he does get a move up and we can reinvest the cash into someone more akin to where we are.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sheesh Scott, you've got a bad case of the negative on there mate. He played damned well against Bournemouth and before you drag up the old shop window statement I'd say so what? The truth is he ain't going nowhere in Jan mate. His injury was dreadful and his early season form has been poor so no 'big' club is gonna bother and no club our size is gonna want to risk it. 

Frankly I think he might just have realised that himself and he's pulled his socks up because the only way he's going to get a bigger or better deal either here or elsewhere is to perform to his best week in week out. 

I want to play for us week in week out mate; but that don't make me a better player than CYL. I don't hold with all this 'they should play for the shirt' stuff anymore scott; it's deader than the Bay City Rollers. The fact is that for 99% of professional footballers it's a job, nothing more. Yes it's a highly paid job but saying they OWE the club is like saying a kid working at McDonalds owes Ronald his heart and soul and has no business going to work for Burger King if they offer him more money or a better position.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

International duty is not what we need at this point in time. That said, it's interesting that he plays in a different system for Korea - one which gives him more freedom - and perhaps his return to form is as much a matter of the role he's given as a confidence issue as alluded to in the "be more selfish" thread?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum