Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Current form

+11
MartinBWFC
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
kennster
Culcheth_White
Norpig
scottjames30
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Current form Empty Current form Sun Nov 24 2013, 17:47

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton are topping the current form table.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Current form Empty Re: Current form Sun Nov 24 2013, 18:28

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nice to see but the only table that really matters is the one in May after 46 games have been played. 

I think we're going the right way right now but our true position of 15th is a long way from where we expected to be at the start of the season. I'm hoping we can keep going as we have in the last eight matches; it's the first time I've felt real optimism about our prospects this season. However I don't delude myself into believing that just 'cos we're on a decent run of results now means we're suddenly world beaters. I'd say we're more a work in progress, a work that's starting to look good but hasn't yet been completed.

3Current form Empty Re: Current form Sun Nov 24 2013, 18:51

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can see us sneaking into the automatic promotion top two at this rate.

4Current form Empty Re: Current form Sun Nov 24 2013, 19:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

steady on Scott! Lets not get too giddy just yet. Lets see where we are after Xmas before we can really see how the season will pan out

5Current form Empty Re: Current form Sun Nov 24 2013, 19:55

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Me and my mate put a £10 e/w accumulator on all 5 leagues. We picked Chelsea, Bolton Rolling Eyes  Wolves, Chesterfield & Luton. The only team that isn't pushing for top spot at the moment, is Bolton.

If every team wins their respective leagues, we will win a cool £56K. I have every faith in Dougie! :number1:

6Current form Empty Re: Current form Sun Nov 24 2013, 20:22

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Luton aren't going to win the Conference, Cambridge are going like a train at the moment.

7Current form Empty Re: Current form Sun Nov 24 2013, 21:03

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We may be on a good run and fair play to all but, we are not good enough for promotion.

8Current form Empty Re: Current form Sun Nov 24 2013, 21:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll finish just below midtable - we won't beat the likes of Leicester, Burnley, QPR, Forest, Reading etc.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Sun Nov 24 2013, 21:23; edited 1 time in total

9Current form Empty Re: Current form Sun Nov 24 2013, 21:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agreed

10Current form Empty Re: Current form Sun Nov 24 2013, 21:45

Going back to basics and tightening up the back first is paying dividends at the moment, if we can keep tight but also maintain a supply to Beckford there's no reason why we can't be there or there abouts come May. I expect Leicester to fade again and probably the same for Burnley who aren't as fortunate as us in terms of squad size.

I've no doubt the likes of Nat and Whitesince63 will claim our run is all down to luck and Dougie should be given no credit etc etc, but really he deserves a lot for the improvement. We've got a long way to go, but there are plenty of positives and if we continue to improve we can make the play offs.

11Current form Empty Re: Current form Sun Nov 24 2013, 21:51

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I've stopped guessing on how our season is going to go.

I honestly think we will be in the top half come January though and expect us to get 7 points from the next 3 games.

12Current form Empty Re: Current form Sun Nov 24 2013, 21:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eight games unbeaten and 3 away wins on the bounce and still some people are not happy. If we beat Boro on Saturday I can't wait to read the negative comments about Dougie and his tactics.

13Current form Empty Re: Current form Mon Nov 25 2013, 00:48

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be fair promotion this season will be a nightmare, what we need is a couple of more seasons in the Championship, our debt is massive, and my guess is that all the Premiership money would furnish the debt, we need to develope as a club, get the youth through, and only when we get the high earners off the books, and start with a team that wants, and is proud to pull on the white shirt will we see where Dougie is going, I would take another couple of seasons growth in the Championship than to see us fucked over every week in the Prem.

14Current form Empty Re: Current form Mon Nov 25 2013, 12:34

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

MartinBWFC wrote:To be fair promotion this season will be a nightmare, what we need is a couple of more seasons in the Championship, our debt is massive, and my guess is that all the Premiership money would furnish the debt, we need to develope as a club, get the youth through, and only when we get the high earners off the books, and start with a team that wants, and is proud to pull on the white shirt will we see where Dougie is going, I would take another couple of seasons growth in the Championship than to see us fucked over every week in the Prem.
I don't agree Martin. Promotion is essential this season as the parachute payments end . We need the Prem money to pay down the debt. You will find that the big wage earners will be earning the same as most other Prem players, however, I would hazard a guess that if we do get promoted you will see a dramatic change in spending policy since when we were last in the top league. We must get promoted asap, pay Big Ed off with the money we owe him and continue to develop our younger talents so they get picked up by the bigger clubs to generate our income!

15Current form Empty Re: Current form Mon Nov 25 2013, 13:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:To be fair promotion this season will be a nightmare, what we need is a couple of more seasons in the Championship, our debt is massive, and my guess is that all the Premiership money would furnish the debt, we need to develope as a club, get the youth through, and only when we get the high earners off the books, and start with a team that wants, and is proud to pull on the white shirt will we see where Dougie is going, I would take another couple of seasons growth in the Championship than to see us fucked over every week in the Prem.
Please re-post when you are off the drugs.

Ignoring the fact a Bolton manager would never get the chance to "establish" the team in the Championship (and rightly so), what evidence do you have that Dougie would get rid of the high earners and bring through the youth?

Knight, Lee & Ngog are still around despite being massively paid and shite. And Dougie hasn't blooded a single youth team player in over 12 months.

You're dreaming Martin.

16Current form Empty Re: Current form Mon Nov 25 2013, 13:41

Hasn't blooded a youth team player in 12months? 

Except for Hall, Eaves and Odelusi you mean? It takes more than a year to bring through youth, especially as our development squad was supposedly poor when Dougie came in.

Knight, Lee and N'gog aren't Dougie signings if he extends Knight or N'gogs contracts you could blame him (Lee's improving and worth keeping IMO) but otherwise to criticise him for using players that are at his disposal is ridiculous.

He's shifted some big wages like Andrews and Sordell, do you really expect clubs to come and buy our shit players? Blame Coyle and Megson for the high earners, Dougie's brought well on a tight budget.

17Current form Empty Re: Current form Mon Nov 25 2013, 13:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Clubs don't 'develop' in the championship,they fester. We have to get out,no matter what it takes ,as soon as possible. The idea that a manager would be given the time to develop a squad over a number of years  in the championship is a pipe dream.

18Current form Empty Re: Current form Mon Nov 25 2013, 14:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Except for Hall, Eaves and Odelusi you mean?
Neither Hall or Eaves are part of the youth team...not sure about Odelusi but he's hardly seen a sniff of game time.

19Current form Empty Re: Current form Mon Nov 25 2013, 14:29

He's given youth players a chance in a short period at the club, not many granted but we have a big wage budget at our disposal so the need for short term impact is greater.

Judge his youth policy in 2 years after they've had a chance to develop.

20Current form Empty Re: Current form Mon Nov 25 2013, 14:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Love seeing the fans kissing "danzzy1's arse on twitter.

"u need to sign a perm deal bro"

(those same fans that said he was dogshit just a few weeks ago)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum