Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman hails Bolton Wanderers' team effort

+3
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jermaine Beckford grabbed top billing once again with his fifth goal in six games at Watford – but Dougie Freedman won’t be singling his striker out for star treatment.

Beckford pounced on an embarrassing error by Manuel Almunia midway through the first half at Vicarage Road to put Wanderers on their way to a third successive win.

But Freedman believes praise for the three points should be shared out equally in what he feels was one of the Whites’ best team performances of the season to date.

“Jermaine is always in there and he’s been taught very well that you’ve got to get across the front of goalkeepers and look for those little opportunities,” he said.

“I think he was very good, not just in his goal, but his all-round play. But this is a team working for each other.

“We have got a squad that is building up – and it doesn’t seem right to just talk about Jermaine right now because it’s the rest of the team that are giving him the opportunity to win us the game.

“That is what was so pleasing for me about the result.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughable that Beckford is being praised for his striking qualities when my Nan could have put away that goal, and she's been dead since 2005.

He's looked better in recent weeks but his finishing is still shite, his goal at Bournemouth took a deflection and he missed two absolute sitters against Millwall.

Better teams will punish us for shite finishing.

Hahaha 5 in 6 and you're still criticising, I realise its hard to find things to moan about at the minute but this is ridiculous.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Hahaha 5 in 6 and you're still criticising, I realise its hard to find things to moan about at the minute but this is ridiculous.
You think the finishing has been good this season?

Do you think Beckfords recent form/finishing has been poor? That's what this topic is about.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pointless discussion anyway we won't be signing beckford because Gartside won't stump up the cash.

/nostradumbass.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Move on hipster

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Beckford ticks a lot of boxes that have been empty since Anelka left. Excellent signing.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Pointless discussion anyway we won't be signing beckford because Gartside won't stump up the cash.

/nostradumbass.
I've missed these posts.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Move on hipster
I have pretty much, but i can't resist a few nuggets of inspiration every now and then. 

/enjoyment.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I miss you Hipster. I think I might love you a little bit.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I miss you Hipster. I think I might love you a little bit.
the start of a beautiful nuts romance, when you coming to Preston to sweep her off her feet?

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I just want to chuck an opinion about the goal in here. Yes it was easy but only because Beckford was right there sniffing around and was able to make the most of the keeper's mistake. He actually did what an old fashioned striker would do, get in and about the box so that if the ball does get to him he's got the goal. 

I personally don't care about whose nan could have scored it or not; it took a confident striker whose positional play was spot on to have that chance. How many time in the past have we myself included bemoaned crosses going in the box with no white shirt there? Well, on this occasion there was Beckford ready and waiting to pounce on the mistake when it came. Long may THAT continue. As to shots and chances he missed in previous games, fair point but it's clearly not got to him the way it could some players. He's still hungry for goals and getting them. I'd rather have a guy who misses 5 and gets 1 than a guy who doesn't even shoot in case he misses. For my money Beckford like the team is going the right way. Long way to go yet but at least the journey has started towards a top six place. 

I am under no illusions, we're not Barcelona and we WILL lose again this season at some point BUT right now we're on a good run of results and I'm optimistic that we can keep it going with at least a point against Boro.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum