Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toys

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Toys Empty Toys Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:07 am

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

What was your favorite toy as a kid? Mine was my spud gun.

2Toys Empty Re: Toys Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:42 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had a spud gun. My mother hated it,because no spud was safe. It's ruined many a sunday dinner. But my favourite toy was a magnetic football game. Each team was controlled by a magnet on a stick from below the pitch. It was chaos,but great fun. Wonder if they're still available?

3Toys Empty Re: Toys Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:54 pm

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I had a spud gun that could squirt water, a one squirt thing. However my fave toy was my Subbuteos, Football and Rugby.

4Toys Empty Re: Toys Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:55 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:I had a spud gun that could squirt water, a one squirt thing. However my fave toy was my Subbuteos, Football and Rugby.
Still got the rugby. Never liked it. There was a cracking football board game called Soccerama. Think you can still get them on ebay.

5Toys Empty Re: Toys Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:33 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Rememeber that old game where the was a green robot in the middle, and you use to turn it to point to a particular question, then you would replace the questions with the answers, and magically it got it right. Had me baffled for ages Very Happy

6Toys Empty Re: Toys Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:38 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

My brother and I used to have a maching gun, or 'burp' gun as they were called, which not only made the noise, but the red bit on the end went in and out. Played for hours with those.

7Toys Empty Re: Toys Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:03 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Rememeber that old game where the was a green robot in the middle, and you use to turn it to point to a particular question, then you would replace the questions with the answers, and magically it got it right. Had me baffled for ages Very Happy
Think I remember that. Was this it?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-AMAZING-MAGICAL-ROBOT-TRADITIONAL-RETRO-1950s-QUIZ-BOARD-GAME-HOM-/291010660404

8Toys Empty Re: Toys Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:48 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Thanks BB, thats the exact one !

9Toys Empty Re: Toys Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:51 pm

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:I had a spud gun that could squirt water, a one squirt thing. However my fave toy was my Subbuteos, Football and Rugby.
Still got the rugby. Never liked it. There was a cracking football board game called Soccerama. Think you can still get them on ebay.
The rugby was a difficult one to get into and not as free flowing as the football, however the live action full back was Tremendous. I used to practice kicking with that all the time and could hit the target from all over the field. Kicks from inside the twenty yard line in your own half were pretty spectacular.
Unfortunately I never got much chance to use the 'skill' very much in anger!
One guy I knew had Subbuteo Cricket and that was quite interesting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]