Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Relegation Fodder

+4
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
Triumph
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Relegation Fodder Empty Relegation Fodder Wed Dec 04 2013, 08:47

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The Hudderfield manager must vhave been laughing his cock off last night when he saw Dougies formation/tactics, I dont profess to be a genius but I could see from the first 10 mins what was happening. Football is a simple game, you put the ball into the back of the opposing teams net, we can't do that because we rely to much on one player namely Beckford who will of course get the odd goal or two but he is a championship player that no one else wanted apart from us because he was cheap maybe? who knows, and I dont put any blame down to the guy he does what he can but a defensive midfield home or away? come on! Megson had a brain and used it and ok not pretty in fact it was awful at times, Coyle ruined our club he talked the talk but didn't have the know how I now ask is Dougie from the same mould as Coyle? I think so, No amount of 'if only' 'but he nearly' 'what if's' can disguise the fact that we are relegation fodder with the present management/player set up, ok we had a fair run but it was backs to the wall stuff for the most. Dark days ahead people, I know it, you know it and the fans last night knew it.

Last edited by Triumph on Wed Dec 04 2013, 13:33; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar Police,)

2Relegation Fodder Empty Re: Relegation Fodder Wed Dec 04 2013, 09:19

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Il be honest, ive never seen as much vitriol coming from the stands as I did last night, last time I heard boos and profanity like that was THAT game against Hull when Megson went...

3Relegation Fodder Empty Re: Relegation Fodder Wed Dec 04 2013, 10:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's pathetic. If we lose a few games it's the end of the world, win a couple and we're Premiership material. It feels as though our fans are incapable of seeing our squad and manager for what they are, which this season is average for the Championship.
The sooner our fans start to accept our position and stop vacillating between polar extremes, the sooner we'll be able to have sensible conversations about our progress.

4Relegation Fodder Empty Re: Relegation Fodder Wed Dec 04 2013, 11:05

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:It's pathetic. If we lose a few games it's the end of the world, win a couple and we're Premiership material. It feels as though our fans are incapable of seeing our squad and manager for what they are, which this season is average for the Championship.
The sooner our fans start to accept our position and stop vacillating between polar extremes, the sooner we'll be able to have sensible conversations about our progress.
It's not the end of the world of course as its's only a game to some, To others it's a way a life and affects moods during and after the game home or at work. My comments are sensible (to me anyway) Conversations about our progress? what progress? please explain because I haven't seen any progress for years.

5Relegation Fodder Empty Re: Relegation Fodder Wed Dec 04 2013, 11:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:
wanderlust wrote:It's pathetic. If we lose a few games it's the end of the world, win a couple and we're Premiership material. It feels as though our fans are incapable of seeing our squad and manager for what they are, which this season is average for the Championship.
It's not the end of the world of course as its's only a game to some, To others it's a way a life and affects moods during and after the game home or at work. My comments are sensible (to me anyway) Conversations about our progress? what progress? please explain because I haven't seen any progress for years.
You're assuming progress means getting better as opposed to the passage of time

6Relegation Fodder Empty Re: Relegation Fodder Wed Dec 04 2013, 11:33

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:
Triumph wrote:
You're assuming progress means getting better as opposed to the passage of time
Yes I did, prog·ress (prgrs, -rs, prgrs)
n.
1. Movement, as toward a goal; advance.
2. Development or growth:

7Relegation Fodder Empty Re: Relegation Fodder Wed Dec 04 2013, 11:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:I dont profess to be a genious
Clearly, you can't even spell it.

8Relegation Fodder Empty Re: Relegation Fodder Wed Dec 04 2013, 11:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A post straight from an armchair.

Wanderlust, when you get your lazy backside to the ground and actually spend your money on this shite THEN you can call other Bolton fans fickle. Until then, fuck off.

9Relegation Fodder Empty Re: Relegation Fodder Wed Dec 04 2013, 12:03

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Worst performance of the season, it baffles me how that group of players went on an 8 game unbeaten run. Freedmans lost the plot, why bring knight back in?

10Relegation Fodder Empty Re: Relegation Fodder Wed Dec 04 2013, 12:58

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Some of us have accepted the state of affairs at our club.  I predicted we would be lucky not to be relegated...and got laughed at.....we had a run of 8 unbeaten...and I said we were still rubbish...and got called negative.
Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
The facts are we are 18th in the table with 16 teams above us with a better goal diference. A manager who thinks letting the other team have all the possession is a good tactic.

Some are talking about a turnaround and a push for top six after Christmas ..... hoping those folks are right. I can't see how it will be done.....but as always I admit to knowing nowt about football.

11Relegation Fodder Empty Re: Relegation Fodder Wed Dec 04 2013, 13:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i don't think we are relgation fodder, but the tactics in home games are extremely negative, we don't need Spearing and Medo, one or the other will do (Spearing was hopeless last night by the way).

Of course fans are going to react after last night, another terrible performance and lets not forget we have won only one game at home this season.

I'm not expecting a team of world beaters but players who could at least string 3 passes together would be a start!

12Relegation Fodder Empty Re: Relegation Fodder Wed Dec 04 2013, 13:32

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Triumph wrote:I dont profess to be a genious
Clearly, you can't even spell it.
Watch out the Grammar Police are out and about.geek

13Relegation Fodder Empty Re: Relegation Fodder Wed Dec 04 2013, 13:33

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
A post straight from an armchair.

Wanderlust, when you get your lazy backside to the ground and actually spend your money on this shite THEN you can call other Bolton fans fickle. Until then, fuck off.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Spot on Nat

14Relegation Fodder Empty Re: Relegation Fodder Thu Dec 05 2013, 00:07

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:i don't think we are relgation fodder, but the tactics in home games are extremely negative, we don't need Spearing and Medo, one or the other will do (Spearing was hopeless last night by the way).

Of course fans are going to react after last night, another terrible performance and lets not forget we have won only one game at home this season.

I'm not expecting a team of world beaters but players who could at least string 3 passes together would be a start!
No thinking is required .... we are 4 points off the bottom three spot. We are certainly in a relegation fight until something changes.  We have got a few lucky away points otherwise we would be in a right old pickle right now.
Players who can't pass a ball would not be in any team picked by me ...I'd give some of the reserves or even one or two of the youth team a run. 
Spearing was one I was on-board with bringing back ... can't be right all the time. Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum