Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedman cool on incident with Bolton fan

+8
kennster
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Sluffy
12 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Dougie Freedman has played down an incident at the end of Bolton's 1-0 defeat to Huddersfield which saw the manager exchange words with a peeved supporter.

Fans at the Reebok Stadium have seen just one home success since April and their disappointment at the latest reverse on Tuesday night was audibly evident from the jeers which met the final whistle.

Freedman then interacted with one spectator who wanted to see more attacking intent, to which the manager replied with bemusement.
He said: "Some guy was shouting we need to play two strikers up front, I said 'we played four up front at the end', I couldn't quite work it out.
"It did make me smile a little bit, I couldn't quite get my head around it."

The din of boos bore an eerily similar resemblance to the scene at the end of Wigan's 3-1 loss to Derby on Sunday, which contributed to the departure of Owen Coyle hours later.

However, Freedman has no qualms with the Wanderers faithful expressing their displeasure.

He continued: "It doesn't bother me at all because we're professionals. Fans pay good money and they're entitled to have their say and these fans have been great.

"I've turned it around at this football club and I'm really proud of it; these fans used to boo halfway through the game or quarter of the way through the game. It's the same fans who understand where we are in life right now.

"The fans know what we're trying to do and yes they have their frustrations at the end of the game, and I'm all right with that, they pay their money. It was during the game when they had their problems but that's been solved.

"I understand; I boo at times as well, don't worry."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fair play to Dougie for relating to the spectators.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman wrote:I've turned it around at this football club and I'm really proud of it
This statement sums up why Dougie should be sacked today.

If he really thinks he has turned us around he is more deluded than I thought.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's not turned us around - when Dougie initially took over we were 16th in the Championship with 15 points, having played 12 games - avg 1.25 points per game ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) Today we are 19th, played 18 (6 games more) and only have 19 points - avg 1.06 points per game.

The only difference is, as he has stated, we don't tend to boo at half time...yet

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

yes we had 4 up front but that was after they had scored, reacting too late again Dougie! And one of those was Zat Knight.

The ego on this man!He's turned us around? Have i been in hibernation and woke to find us pushing for a play off place? He is getting more deluded by the minute and only he believes his own hype these days.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking on the bright side there are still 84 points to be played for. :whistle: 

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Like the bit where Dougie says "I understand; I boo at times as well, don't worry." Made me laugh.

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Just imagine if we lose to Doncaster on Saturday.

It'll be world war 3

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

He's an idiot.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Does Freedman smoke something before interviews, his drivel sounds totally whacked out, I'd expect it from someone like Dillon from the magic roundabout, or does he live in a parallel universe, wow, far out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He turned it around near the end of last season but we're certainly back to square one again at the moment.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Bet he will play 2 strikers from the start this weekend... (well done that fan)

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

We are done for, its over on the way to obscurity probably out of the league in a few years time .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum