Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie: Bolton fans need a reality check!

+10
Norpig
wanderlust
terenceanne
karlypants
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not a divine right but i would say we have a squad that is capable of a lot more.

Before the season started we were one of the favourites for promotion at the bookies and from pundits so they must have seen something there to suggest this unless it was just based entirely on our finish to last season.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This team should definitely be higher in the league - the lack of spirit is definitely the main reason why we are looking down rather than up.

Even with this awful team, a manager with a bit of motivation could still get these ponces playing.

Are Ipswich any better than us? On paper we look far stronger - but they have a motivator and we have Dougie. Hence why they're looking at promotion.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I don't think anyone would have a problem if Gartside, Invisible Eddie and Freedman held a press conference and said:

"Look....we're fucked. We've no money and the debt's spiralling, so we need to make some big changes otherwise we're going bust. Yes, it's THAT bad folks."

"Forget promotion and we might actually go down if we're not careful, so bear with us. We're getting rid of all the big earners because we can no longer afford to pay them, so as their contracts expire, we'll be moving 'em out."

"From here on in, it's all going to be about youth players and loanees (who we won't be trying to sign permanently because we've no cash), so don't expect anything miraculous to happen.
There will be some wins but equally, there will be some losses."

"It will take time, but eventually we will have the club back on an even footing and then we can start thinking about the future."

But they won't.

Freedman will still spout his shite after games, Gartside will carry on sitting in his plush office, phoning his other Chairmen mates to talk about how important and clever they are and as for Eddie....well, I think he lives in a box of soil on the Isle of Man and only comes out at night.

We could cope with low expectation if the people at the club stopped treating us like kids and actually told us the truth for a change.

And we might just start respecting them a bit more....

I think this is the crux of the matter Breadman - you've hit the nail on the head IMO.

All those messages are exactly what should be said - because I think it sums up the situation we're in. However, I only came to that conclusion by reading between the lines and watching what was said and done - nobody has come out and said it so concisely.

However, there are dangers in being so honest:
* it would completely undermine the current player's confidence if the manager said they're just there to make up the numbers. The manager has a responsibility to keep morale up.
* it would undermine any negotiating position we have in the transfer market. When we try to buy or loan players, other clubs would know exactly where we are at and would have the upper hand from the start.

So the club's hands are tied. They might THINK it, they may even talk about it openly amongst themselves and everyone else may actually know it - but they can't come out and say it publicly.

All they can do is play the media game. Which is why you shouldn't read so much into the statements and press releases that come out of the club.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Dougie is a cock.

Angry Dad wrote:Dougie is a cock.

Howdo, AD.

You back or posting from over there?

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Breadman wrote:

Howdo, AD.

Hey Bread i'm back dazzling fukazz wi mi tan but seriously this counties weather is not on ffs its orrible here, i want to go back Crying or Very sad

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Howdo, AD.

Hey Bread i'm back dazzling fukazz wi mi tan but seriously this counties weather is not on ffs its orrible here, i want to go back Crying or Very sad

lol!  Welcome back AD!

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

karlypants wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Howdo, AD.

lol!  Welcome back AD!
Hey hows shit KP.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Howdo, AD.

lol!  Welcome back AD!
Hey hows shit KP.

Not bad AD, hows tricks?  

You and the Mrs ok? Smile 

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

karlypants wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Howdo, AD.

lol!  Welcome back AD!
Hey hows shit KP.

Not bad AD, hows tricks?  

You and the Mrs ok? Smile 
yeah we are great.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This isn't a dating site. If you want to sex each other up please do it by PM.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Hey babe are you getting enough or what??

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Enough what?

If you want to bring Karly into your strange home set up then go for it, but spare us the big build up.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It isn't a reality check I need, its counselling for deep rooted emotional trauma brought on by Dougie and the boys.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:It isn't a reality check I need, its counselling for deep rooted emotional trauma brought on by Dougie and the boys.
It's Dougie who needs the reality check the wanker.

The reality is we are going backwards with him in charge. We are 24 matches into the season and we haven't won a match against a team in the top 12 (Lost 7, Drew 5). Our 2 home wins have come against teams in the bottom 4.

I agree with the We have to make sure everyone understands that. We are a club that has got to start from the beginning again and make sure the people who come into the building are good enough and aspire to getting up to the next league."  
The first person we have to make sure is good enough is the manager.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:The reality is we are going backwards with him in charge. We are 24 matches into the season and we haven't won a match against a team in the top 12 (Lost 7, Drew 5). Our 2 home wins have come against teams in the bottom 4.

I agree with the We have to make sure everyone understands that. We are a club that has got to start from the beginning again and make sure the people who come into the building are good enough and aspire to getting up to the next league."  
The first person we have to make sure is good enough is the manager.
 spot on  :clap:

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:Enough what?

If you want to bring Karly into your strange home set up then go for it, but spare us the big build up.
What's up nat ? What's bugging you?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Wander, your explanations are probably true, but we have to realise that Dougie wasn't brought in as some sort of high-flying financial expert. He was brought in as a manager. Whatever he is doing in the background, it isn't being reflected in his on-field work. Bringing it down to basics, he needs to spend more time managing his team, including changing his mindset, in a way that should improve our lot.
 Everyone is talking about transfer fees, loss of revenue, etc, but if the team aren't working well, you have to address it. In the field of man-management and using resources to their best, he's falling flat on his face. He should concentrate on what he's got, and if what he's doing isn't working, then he should change it, (something he seems incapable of doing just now).
 I know its not always so simple, but the team are the front end of the process, if we ignore that, or leave it to somebody who is out of his depth, then all our troubles will pile up, until we crash through the leagues, and the team ends up an old club piddling about in the lower leagues, or disappears altogether. With our debts now at £163 million, we cant afford to keep giving 'promising young managers' so much time to settle in, practice their craft, and hopefully, 'turn things around'.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hi AD, good to see you back mate. Seems you had a good time  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum