Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Racing and Football Betting Thread.

+5
boltonbonce
mark leach
Spillthebeans
Banks of the Croal
Reebok Trotter
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 48 of 50]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bondi Beach Boy. 4.20 Redcar.

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ronya 5.50 Redcar

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

mark leach wrote:Ronya 5.50 Redcar

4th at 9-2 No profit.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Bondi Beach Boy. 4.20 Redcar.

Unplaced.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where's Banksy? Not been on this thread for a while.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had a brief chat with him at our last home game of the season and he has got a bit cheesed off with some posters continually criticizing other fans for having a difference of opinion. Banksy is a ' salt of the earth ' old school gent. He's from the generation who were told, ' If you have nothing positive to say about someone then say nothing.'

CulchethWhite, LPP and SpilltheBeans seem to have disappeared as well????

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I had a brief chat with him at our last home game of the season and he has got a bit cheesed off with some posters continually criticizing other fans for having a difference of opinion. Banksy is a ' salt of the earth ' old school gent. He's from the generation who were told, ' If you have nothing positive to say about someone then say nothing.'

CulchethWhite, LPP and SpilltheBeans seem to have disappeared as well????
Sorry to hear that RT,Liked Banksy. If you see him again pass on my good wishes.

LPP doesn't really like it much on here.

He prefers JA606 because you can't swear on there. (True story.)

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Everybody swears. It's nigh impossible not to get pissed off with something or other in today's modern society. I'm old school and I never swear in front of women but I often Eff and Jeff in male company. Does that mean I am a male chauvinist pig?

I'm trying really hard not to be unkind now, but Pete posted on JA606 for years and always came across as a bit.....erm...."sensitive" to me.

I think the switch from nice, safe and bland JA606 to Nuts was too much for him.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sometimes you just have to go with the flow. I know very very few men who don't actually swear in real life. I try not to, but I just can't help it. Our family sit down to our evening meal with the daily news on the television and nine times out of ten there is always something that pisses me off and makes me choke on my Iceland Pizza. I try to hold it back but I can't.

LPP is probably built of sterner stuff than the rest of us but I do feel that on occasions it is essential to vent your spleen against the total and utter bullshit that is portrayed to the ignorant masses.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of my mentors at work was a true gentleman. He worked his way up from tea boy/labourer at sixteen and finished up as Site Foreman. He never ever swore. Whenever a cock-up appeared on the horizon he would say ' Aw Shucks ' or ' Gee Whiz '. You never hear those phrases nowadays.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The closest my old boss came to swearing was 'Blinkin' 'eck'. My Grandmother on the other hand would make a docker blush.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of my old bosses was a right fucking tosspot. He was fucking clueless about everything and when the wheel came off, as it often did, he would turn to his number two and utter the words, ' Jim, I'm rocking miffed!'

He was a dead ringer for Mr Bean and whenever he had to disciplinre employees, his opening gambit was, ' I am very cross with you.' ( Who the fcuk uses the word cross anymore ?)

He lived in a tasty gaff in Lymm and drove one of the first Peugeot cars with a proper diesel engine. He only had a three year contact and we got our revenge at the Xmas do.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Times and language change. My aforementioned Gran,being married to a docker,was pretty ferocious when it came to language,but she could also handle herself in other ways. When Grandad came in drunk one Sunday afternoon,despite her warnings of the morning,she knocked him out with a ham shank! As he lay spark out on the kitchen floor he pissed his pants. Happy days!

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RT - how did you get your revenge?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:RT - how did you get your revenge?

I'll create a separate post called Office Banter.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tuesday selection.. Meet Me Halfway 8.30 Yarmouth.

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Aktabantay 2.00 Nottingham

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

mark leach wrote:Aktabantay 2.00 Nottingham

2nd at 1-4. No profit.

Sponsored content