Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The best of David Ngog could yet be to come

+3
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cup romance brought out the best in David Ngog – and Dougie Freedman reckons there could still be more to come from his enigmatic striker.

The Frenchman continued his recent revival with a stunning strike in Saturday’s 2-1 FA Cup win over Blackpool, which booked a fourth round date with Cardiff City at the Reebok Stadium on the weekend of January 25 and 26.

It was Ngog’s second goal in as many games after more than a month on the sidelines, during which he has been heavily linked with a move away from the Reebok.

The current financial situation at the club almost certainly means that Freedman is living on borrowed time with the former Liverpool star but the Wanderers boss feels the 24-year-old could still get goals with the right approach.

“David has got to feel that trust and love,” he said. “Maybe it is just starting to come back and he understands that when it is your turn, you have got to go and perform anyway you can.

“He is not difficult to manage. He is a very nice guy. He is a wonderful talent. But David needs that bit of consistency.”

Ngog had scored just once this season before back-to-back goals against Middlesbrough and Blackpool, mirroring a less-than-impressive record since his £4million arrival from Anfield two-and-a-half years ago.

There have been occasional flashes of his talent, most notably towards the end of last season, and Freedman would like to see the young striker returning to that kind of form.

“He works hard every day, so when you see him performing like that, you want more from him,” Freedman said.

“When I first came here last year I had to make sure he was up to a decent standard of speed and fitness. Towards the end of the season when it really mattered, he believed in himself and he believed in me. I believed in him and away he went.

“However, I have got to think about a team of 30 players. I can't squeeze 30 into 11, the sums don't work.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What an utter load of bollocks.

He's been with the club fooking ages now and underperformed in virtually every game.

When you pay £4m for a player you should be surprised when he doesn't play well, not when he does.

Fuck off Dougie.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Remember that bet we have nat. You said he won't score more than 4 goals, one more and you leave the site for a week

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Remember that bet we have nat. You said he won't score more than 4 goals, one more and you leave the site for a week

Cup goals don't count. I still think I'll win it. Two goals in 5 months is a lot to ask of Ngog.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair enough. He'll get atleast two on Saturday anyway

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:
“He is not difficult to manage. He is a very nice guy. He is a wonderful talent. But David needs that bit of consistency.”

There's no point interviewing Dougie Freedman anymore. I don't think anybody can argue with that now.

The last league game Ngog started was three months ago, when he scored his first goal of the season. How can anybody be consistent when they stop getting opportunities immediately after they start doing the right things?

I'd argue with that Doff. Most of his interviews are honest and true. The problem with them is massively exaggerated by some on here.

He's clearly using this opportunity to boost N'gogs confidence, as he's shown in the last couple of games he may still be interested in performing for us (just in time to leave on a free unfortunately).

Anyway I don't see the problem with this.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I'd argue with that Doff. Most of his interviews are honest and true. The problem with them is massively exaggerated by some on here.

He's clearly using this opportunity to boost N'gogs confidence, as he's shown in the last couple of games he may still be interested in performing for us (just in time to leave on a free unfortunately).

Anyway I don't see the problem with this.

Totally agree 1874 and would add that if you are putting a player in the shop window saying that "his best is yet to come" makes perfect sense.

Whether that fools potential buyers or not is another question altogether, but even if it doesn't and Ngog ends up staying, it's a boost to the players' confidence as you say.

Well played Dougie - starting to master this PR guff business.

Still can't believe that some fans are naive enough to analyse the PR and interpret it as what Dougie actually thinks...

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Exactly. What the fcuk is Dougie supposed to say? All managers do it because it's part of the game.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its amazing he's started to try 'a little' now?

Shop window perhaps??

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Exactly. What the fcuk is Dougie supposed to say? All managers do it because it's part of the game.

Bullshit - some managers are honest...Steve Bruce always strikes me as an honest guy, same with Mick McCarthy. That Boro manager was honest last week as well.

Pathetic that some of you go along with the lies as "part of football". Man up you ponces, you're being lied to.

Mourinho rarely speaks the truth in press conferences, do any Chelsea fans care? No, of course they don't.

Don't be so naive, the stuff Dougie says in the press serves a purpose in sending a message to the players and opposition but not to give fans inside knowledge into his thoughts and what's going on behind the scenes at the club. 

To be honest I'd say the pathetic thing is you moaning about it every day, you need to realise what these press dealings are - PR nonsense.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:Exactly. What the fcuk is Dougie supposed to say? All managers do it because it's part of the game.

Bullshit - some managers are honest...Steve Bruce always strikes me as an honest guy, same with Mick McCarthy. That Boro manager was honest last week as well.

Pathetic that some of you go along with the lies as "part of football". Man up you ponces, you're being lied to.

It's a load of bullshit, Nat. David's a top talent. That's why I've not played him for ten matches. It's a shame the other managers weren't born yesterday.

Out of interest, who do we suppose is gonna take Ngog off us at this stage? However much you rate him, he has "risk" written all over him, and six months of a £35,000 a week contract remaining. That's higher than the PL average and here's Dougie saying he can't squeeze him into his 18th in the Championship team.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

Out of interest, who do we suppose is gonna take Ngog off us at this stage? However much you rate him, he has "risk" written all over him, and six months of a £35,000 a week contract remaining. That's higher than the PL average and here's Dougie saying he can't squeeze him into his 18th in the Championship team.

Correct. No one is going to take Ngog off our hands. Even on a free transfer this Summer he will struggle to find someone willing to pay half what he gets now in wages.

Useless bugger.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum