Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Match Of The Season

+11
Mr Magoo
BoltonTillIDie
wessy
Soul Kitchen
White84
Norpig
Copper Dragon
scottjames30
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Best Match Of The Season Empty Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 18:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What an afternoon! I've just witnessed the best match of the season, pure entertainment from start to finish.

There were 4 wingers on the pitch, no holding midfielders, 4 strikers, and 100% effort and commitment from both teams.

No, I wasn't at Reading, I went to watch the Evo-Stik League Northern Premier League top-of-the-table clash between Chorley and Skelmersdale. Chorley ran out 4-1 winners and are now in pole position to gain promotion.

2,000 fans packed into the stands, most stood up. The atmosphere was the best I've experienced since our Burnden Park days. The football was much better than the shite served up by Bolton, Chorley actually wanted to win this game even though a draw would have been a good result.

My point is this: to the people that want to actually be entertained at a football match there are other clubs out there that would be glad of your attendance. Of course the happy clappers like Reebok Trotter will tell you it's your duty to support BWFC through thick and thin, even when you're getting ripped off and the twats on the pitch don't give a toss.

Some footballers aren't earning vast sums, and some players do give a toss. Chorley players being a great example. My advice is walk away from BWFC until they wise up and employ a decent manager and players that give a shit. I'm now a Chorley supporter and I reckon we'll be meeting in about 3 seasons, us on our way up, and Bolton on their way down.

CFC! CFC!

2Best Match Of The Season Empty Re: Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:.  Of course the happy clappers like Reebok Trotter will tell you it's your duty to support BWFC through thick and thin, even when you're getting ripped off and the twats on the pitch don't give a toss.

It's a free world. People are free to spend their money wherever they see fit. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Boycotting your club only makes them more financially worse off. Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

3Best Match Of The Season Empty Re: Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha, what have you got against your hometown club?

I hear Kevin Davies scored and got sent off today.

4Best Match Of The Season Empty Re: Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And Preston won again.

5Best Match Of The Season Empty Re: Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat, i'm with you now, no I don't want to come and watch CFC with you but, I want you to become Bolton manager.

Freedman out-Nat in.

6Best Match Of The Season Empty Re: Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:08

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:And Preston won again.

Cov equalised in the ninetieth minute RT.

7Best Match Of The Season Empty Re: Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:And Preston won again.

Cov equalised in the ninetieth minute RT.

Cheers Doffcocker, I missed that one. I was watching final score and saw it was 1-0.

8Best Match Of The Season Empty Re: Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Natasha, what have you got against your hometown club?

Nothing really, but my friend is a big Chorley fan and I wanted to experience non-league football.

The atmosphere reminded me of the early-90's when Bolton started to win things and there was a buzz around the club.

9Best Match Of The Season Empty Re: Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:11

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If I were to ditch Bolton for a lower league club, I'd go with Morecambe.

It's a nice new ground that my nan's got a caravan right next to. When they score, you can hear it, even though they only get crowds of 2,000.

They're not very good though.

10Best Match Of The Season Empty Re: Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:12

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat will you be at QPR?

11Best Match Of The Season Empty Re: Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:12

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

:trust: 

Wrong board.

Happy Clapping Chorley based threads should be in Wandering Minds.

:COYW: 

12Best Match Of The Season Empty Re: Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

isn't Garry Flitcroft manager at Chorley? i would like to see a Chorley game but i could never give up BWFC, my first game as a kid was the first game against Grimsby in the old 4th division, so i have seen worse than this.

13Best Match Of The Season Empty Re: Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:isn't Garry Flitcroft manager at Chorley? i would like to see a Chorley game but i could never give up BWFC, my first game as a kid was the first game against Grimsby in the old 4th division, so i have seen worse than this.

This is what the club rely on though Norpig - blind loyalty.

I am guilty of it myself. But when you actually sit down and think about it why would a sane person pay £30+ to watch the shite on offer, especially when the players are underperforming but being paid like kings?

14Best Match Of The Season Empty Re: Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have they a forum Nat?

15Best Match Of The Season Empty Re: Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:17

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

CD is right.

He gets nothing but abuse for being a Burnley fan, and this Chorley bitch gets no such hassle.

16Best Match Of The Season Empty Re: Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:19

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I might jump ship.

17Best Match Of The Season Empty Re: Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:CD is right.

He gets nothing but abuse for being a Burnley fan, and this Chorley bitch gets no such hassle.

Most Bolton fans are from Chorley.

I fully expect this site to become 'Chorley Nuts' within 3 months.

18Best Match Of The Season Empty Re: Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who's our best player Nat?

19Best Match Of The Season Empty Re: Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I might jump ship.

Do it man, it's liberating.

Go and follow a non-league club. I'm sure they'll have their fair share of shit games, but at least the players won't be getting paid £25k per week.

20Best Match Of The Season Empty Re: Best Match Of The Season Sat Jan 18 2014, 19:21

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I might jump ship.

Do it man, it's liberating.

Go and follow a non-league club. I'm sure they'll have their fair share of shit games, but at least the players won't be getting paid £25k per week.

Have they got a bar?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum