Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January transfer window

+25
Copper Dragon
Triumph
Barryjw
JAH
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
Whitesince63
terenceanne
Tigermin
carrs
observer
aaron_bwfc
Leeds_Trotter
Keegan
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Norpig
rammywhite
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 20]

121January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Sun Jan 26 2014, 22:43

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:Is he a grown man?
Yeah, I've met the lad, he's a decent guy tbh. I don't think he expected the prank to come off.

122January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Mon Jan 27 2014, 08:17

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The only Jamaican-born striker I'd like to see join Bolton is Darren Mattocks of the Vancouver Whitecaps. Sprinter-fast but works hard and scores goals. Capable of playing on either flank or as a target man. Simeon Jackson sucks and he preferred to play for Canada instead of the country of his birth.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

123January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Mon Jan 27 2014, 08:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Simeon Jackson at the Reebok this morning to sign up. Will start against QPR.

124January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Mon Jan 27 2014, 09:04

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's Lukas jutkiewicz...

125January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Mon Jan 27 2014, 10:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not exactly set the world alight at Boro has he? Surely we can do better than this?

126January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Mon Jan 27 2014, 10:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll give him a chance. He's still dogshit though

127January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Mon Jan 27 2014, 10:18

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I can only see this boro striker as cover for us. It looks like dougie is still trying for mcnaughton and Dawson and Lloyd dyer at Leicester has been mentioned.

128January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Mon Jan 27 2014, 10:18

Short term deal to cover Beckford? Not very inspiring, prefer him to Simeon Jackson though.

129January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Mon Jan 27 2014, 10:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

surely there must be some decent strikers in league 1 who would jump at the chance to play in the Championship? Must be better than players like Jutkiewicz who have proved they can't cut it?

130January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Mon Jan 27 2014, 10:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:I can only see this boro striker as cover for us. It looks like dougie is still trying for mcnaughton and Dawson and Lloyd dyer at Leicester has been mentioned.

Dyer is a good player, can't see it happening, why would he leave Leicester at the moment?

131January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Mon Jan 27 2014, 10:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If it's Simeon Jackson I'd just like to say I watched him a bit at Norwich and he struggled to get a regular place. I think his problem was he needs space to operate in and couldn't find it at Prem level, but he can shoot. I wouldn't see him as a step up from Odelusi though - who I think we should persist with for a while.

132January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Mon Jan 27 2014, 12:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:not exactly set the world alight at Boro has he? Surely we can do better than this?

Like.....?

133January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Mon Jan 27 2014, 12:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:I can only see this boro striker as cover for us. It looks like dougie is still trying for mcnaughton and Dawson and Lloyd dyer at Leicester has been mentioned.

Dyer is a good player, can't see it happening, why would he leave Leicester at the moment?
Agreed - unless Pearson is already assuming that with an eight point lead they'll be in the prem next year and is starting to line up transfers and move on those he'll be replacing.

134January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Mon Jan 27 2014, 13:06

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:

Dyer is now 31 and he's a free agent in the summer. I can't see him coming to us tbh, there is some gossip that Dyer is possibly using us to get a new contract at Leicester.

135January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 30 2014, 09:52

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The newspapers are reporting this morning that we are making serious attempts to bring Dawson in on loan, and Mason permanently.  Some of you seem to have good contacts within the club- can you try and find out whether there is any truth in these rumours.
 We know there has been general chatter about this- but is it firming up into reality?

136January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 30 2014, 09:55

Having seen Luganos performance for West Brom last night they'd be mad to let Dawson go IMO. We can still hope though.

Saw Nixon mention there could be a surprise exit for one of our players which may help us, not revealed anymore than that.

137January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 30 2014, 10:11

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Some rumours that craig Davies could be loaned out to another championship club that would loan us a left back in return. I can't see us having the funds to buy mason outright, but you never know. I've heard Cardiff might be offloading their striker cornelious which won't help the mason deal.

138January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 30 2014, 10:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The rumour going round is that Cardiff wanted £1 million for Mason and we were interested. Then Bournemouth also enquired about him and his price went up to £2 million! Greedy bastards were probably trying to start a bidding war. Bournemouth and ourselves both baulked at the new price and it's rumoured they have now dropped the price to £1.5 million.

FWIW I am not sure that Mason is the answer to our prayers from what I saw of him in a white shirt.

139January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 30 2014, 11:04

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He looked good the first time he turned out for us- looked mobile and got into good positions. but after that he was anonymous -but that was the way that we played him.
He can't be rubbish as Cardiff offered him a contract initially.
But like you I think  he won't solve our problem as we need another decent striker to work alongside him.

140January transfer window - Page 7 Empty Re: January transfer window Thu Jan 30 2014, 13:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

still no sign of a left back then!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum