Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Loan watch: Sordell features for Addicks

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Marvin Sordell played the full 90 minutes for Charlton Athletic as the Addicks secured a 1-0 win away at Huddersfield in the fourth round of the FA Cup on Saturday afternoon.

The frontman wasn't the only Wanderers' loanee in cup action this weekend, with Keith Andrews appearing as a late substitute in Brighton's 3-1 win away at Port Vale.

Elsewhere, Tom Eaves failed to prevent Shrewsbury Town from slipping to a 3-1 defeat against Swindon Town, with the striker being substituted late on against the Robins.

Source

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is this LAD out of contract in the summer?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Is this LAD out of contract in the summer?

No Hipster, he signed a 3 and a half year deal in the January transfer window in 2012.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh for ffffffffffsaaaaaaaaake

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't know how much Sordell being at Charlton is saving us (can't imagine Charlton, who aren't big spenders, contributing much to his salary) but that the squad would be better with him in it than without is the least you have to admit.

What's the alternative to recalling him, now that we're in real need of strikers? Bringing somebody in on loan for a bit cheaper, who at best will add short-term value, and go back to his parent club months later a more valuable asset only to them?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're probably paying Charlton

The way I took the situation over summer was that a % of Sordell's wage was saved and given to Moritz instead as Dougie felt we needed more creativity. I'd imagine whatever Moritz is on is what we're saving with Sordell.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:Marvin Sordell played the full 90 minutes for Charlton Athletic as the Addicks secured a 1-0 win away at Huddersfield in the fourth round of the FA Cup on Saturday afternoon.

The frontman wasn't the only Wanderers' loanee in cup action this weekend, with Keith Andrews appearing as a late substitute in Brighton's 3-1 win away at Port Vale.

Elsewhere, Tom Eaves failed to prevent Shrewsbury Town from slipping to a 3-1 defeat against Swindon Town, with the striker being substituted late on against the Robins.

Source
Now listen karly, I'll say it again just so you get the message this time you cheeky young scoundrel! Mad 

I don't, I say I most definitely DON'T! want to see that waste of space, big time charlie, sodemall gimme my money, overpaid, useless prancing prima donna set so much as one TOE north of Watford.  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad 

IS THAT CLEAR? Mention this lad's name again and I'll have my zimmer frame planted somewhere the sun doesn't shine and you'll look like this!  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid 

Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum