Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Team-mates back Bolton Wanderers starlet Hayden White

+3
aaron_bwfc
White84
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hayden White has been backed to follow up his impressive baptism of fire at QPR with another display beyond his years if Dougie Freedman decides to stick with the youngster at Ipswich.

Wanderers boss Freedman was forced to throw the teenage full-back in for his first taste of senior football at Loftus Road in midweek after losing Tim Ream less than a minute into the game.

With defensive cover woefully thin, it is possible White – a summer recruit from Sheffield Wednesday – could keep his place at Portman Road.

And Alex Baptiste, who would most likely move over to the left should the youngster come into the starting line-up, reckons the Londoner would not let anyone down.

“When I saw Tim go down I thought ‘oh no, here we go,’ Baptiste said. “But Hayden came in and he was unbelievable. Considering that was his first game, it was different class.

“Credit to him that he looks comfortable at this level.”

White has only recently been brought into the first-team set-up, sitting on the bench for the last few games as the numbers in Freedman’s squad have dwindled.

Baptiste says he and other senior members of the squad would help calm the 19-year-old’s nerves if need be tomorrow, but believes White has all the tools to become a first class full-back.

“He’s probably the quickest player at the club,” he said. “He’s got all the attributes and he’s still only young. I think he’ll be a very good player for Bolton.

“We’ve tried to give him a bit of advice but he’s come in recently and it’s as if he has been a member of the first team all season.

“He might have to go again at Ipswich. But as you saw against QPR I think he can handle it.

“He took that game in his stride and if he’s needed against Ipswich, he’ll give another outstanding performance.”

Baptiste’s words were echoed by Zat Knight – who says White will have benefited from his sudden debut at QPR.

“I’d give him massive credit,” he said.

“I said he’s got to be proud of himself – and his family should be proud too.

“He’s been on the fringe of things, has been training with us, but to come into a game like this against a team like QPR is a rare chance. But I think it’s a good one to come into.

“He has to start somewhere. It isn’t easy for a young lad to come into the situation we’re in – it’d be nice for him to come in when there was not as much pressure on us.

“But sometimes you get thrown in at the deep end at it’s a test of character.”

Source

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

:nopoints: About
 Fucking time some of the development squad got a chance albeit by forfeit,not DF change of policy.Saying it all season White is a class lad,let's see Wilkinson ,Youngs,Clough,Iliev getting playing time.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Didn't see the game but he certainly didn't sound of place at right back, positional sense was a bit off but going forward he sounded decent.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh fuck off, when has a teammate ever publically stated "he's shit".

More BWFC bullshit.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Oh fuck off, when has a teammate ever publically stated "he's shit".

More BWFC bullshit.

Nat,
Have you got out of bed the wrong side this morning? Your emails sound bad tempered -did you not get any last night or something?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a shame white doesn't start today. He's ready for this league

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

Nat,
Have you got out of bed the wrong side this morning? Your emails sound bad tempered -did you not get any last night or something?

You absolute bellend. I don't need a man to satisfy me.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Nat,

You absolute bellend. I don't need a man to satisfy me.

You mucky girl.
But it's good to see that I've gone from bellend,to utter bellend, to absolute bellend, so quickly
I'm making a lot of progress in your estimation

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

What comes after "absolute bellend"? Is that perhaps, the pinnacle of bellendedness?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

I think it goes like this:

Bell-End > Utter Bell-End > Absolute Bell-End > Complete Bell-End > Magoo.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Keegan wrote:What comes after "absolute bellend"? Is that perhaps, the pinnacle of bellendedness?

We'll have to see what Nat says as she's the Queen of bellends

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum