Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

John McGinlay: Manager

+18
Reebok_Rebel
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
rammywhite
Angry Dad
Hip Priest
BoltonTillIDie
Bolton Nuts
terenceanne
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
karlypants
Whitesince63
Copper Dragon
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
Natasha Whittam
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1John McGinlay: Manager Empty John McGinlay: Manager Tue Feb 04 2014, 22:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is no passion left at this club. We all know the players don't give a toss, they are in it purely for the money - but even the fans have lost their passion, becoming too used to dire football and characterless managers and players.

There is only one man who can turn things around: John McGinlay.

The man has passion. The man isn't scared to speak his mind. The man is a born leader and a born winner.

Yes, Hipster will point to the fact that Owen Coyle was a disaster but he was too nice and too stupid to make it as a BWFC manager - McGinlay would be different.

Imagine the buzz around the club for a start. If McGinlay was in charge for the Burnley game next week the Reebok would be full. The crowd would get behind the team and all of a sudden those lazy bastard players would realise they have to put a shift in or face the wrath of McGinlay and the 25,000 fans in the ground.

It would be magnificent.

McGinlay may not have any managerial credentials, but our last three managers all had high points in their careers, but were/are all fooking idiots. Could he do any worse tactically? Could he buy anyone worse than Baptiste or Hall?

Motivation can take average teams a long way. McGinlay is the smart call Mr Gartside.

2John McGinlay: Manager Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Tue Feb 04 2014, 22:09

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What about Jamie Pollock instead?

3John McGinlay: Manager Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Tue Feb 04 2014, 22:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On the subject of John McGinlay, I am going to a Sportsman's evening on Saturday night and John is the guest speaker. £30 a ticket for a 3 course meal.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he has to say about our current situation and I will hopefully take a few photos and post them on here.

There are still a few tickets left if anyone is interested. The venue is in Lancaster so if anyone fancies it just send me a PM.

4John McGinlay: Manager Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Tue Feb 04 2014, 22:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I get this is tongue in cheek but this former player syndrome really does have to stop.

I get it, I love the "legends" of this club, but they're not "uniquely" qualified in any way shape or form. 

Didn't Campo "apply" for the job on twitter when owhiney coyle left? How about Jay Jay? Per Frandsen said he was doing his badges.

5John McGinlay: Manager Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Tue Feb 04 2014, 22:21

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You may as well go for McGinlay.

Your current manager had been a manager for all of five minutes when you took him on, so getting a man in that had been a manager for all of five minutes over ten years ago, would be going with the grain.

6John McGinlay: Manager Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Tue Feb 04 2014, 22:27

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My name is Jamie Pollock, I was very fortunate to play for Middlesbrough, Osasuna, Bolton, Manchester City, Crystal Palace, Birmingham and England u21's.  I gained valuable experience in playing, coaching and man management skills.  Since retiring from football I have spent several years working with players from ages 7 to 15 and spent 3 years in Middlesbrough Academy coaching.

Many coaches have different philosophies and beliefs, some coaches believe that players are born with a god given talent and other coaches believe that the harder you work and the more practise you and should be commended for this,  however to teach youngsters the game it is important you understand the game.
During my time as a coach in grassroots football  I was amazed at the number of managers who were obsessed with winning and blatenly ignoring the players development.  Too often in grassroots there is no long term strategy to develop players technical ability and children are quite often encouraged to "kick it up field" and get rid of the ball, this mentality is breeding  generations of young players who are simply afraid to have the ball. 
In academy setups this is very different, parents are expected to be very quiet, and allow the coaches to persist in teaching their children to relax with the ball.  Academies such as Middlesbrough are very strong on the technical side and tend to recruit players who are highly skillful. At younger ages and small sided games this is very successful however this philosophy is severely tested when players begin 11 aside football and encounter different physical changes.  Other football clubs tend to recruit very strong physical players, and other clubs try and strike the balance between the two.
One of the biggest disadvantages of sending young players into academies is the high probability of rejection, we at Polton Allstars try and help players who are not quite ready for an academy or have been released from an academy to regain confidence and restart their journey.  Quite often taking players from feeling very low and lacking self belief to giving them the confidence to enjoy their football. 
It is very important that all young players recognise that all their efforts should be to arrive at 16 years old and be as which is the very early steps into pro football and the player who is taught the right things from a young age will have a greater chance of success.  Polton Allstars  prides itself in being the most professional set-up outside of the academy level, and with our own facilities believe we can approach developing players in a very enjoyable environment away from the pressures and harsh realities of academy football.  All young players deserve time and patience in developing and will most certainly receive this at Polton Allstars. 

7John McGinlay: Manager Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Tue Feb 04 2014, 22:29

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Copper Dragon wrote:You may as well go for McGinlay.

Your current manager had been a manager for all of five minutes when you took him on, so getting a man in that had been a manager for all of five minutes over ten years ago, would be going with the grain.

Actually CD I quite fancy your manager for us next. If he can polish an odd turd at the Turf like that just imagine what he could do with all the ones we've got???  Laughing

8John McGinlay: Manager Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Tue Feb 04 2014, 22:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:

Actually CD I quite fancy your manager for us next. If he can polish an odd turd at the Turf like that just imagine what he could do with all the ones we've got???  Laughing

lol! 

9John McGinlay: Manager Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Tue Feb 04 2014, 22:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

McGinlay doesn't strike me as over intelligent.

He doesn't raise many good points in his writing for Bolton News or when working for GMR. On the contrary.

In any case, have we not had enough Scots now.

10John McGinlay: Manager Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Tue Feb 04 2014, 22:38

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Whitesince63 wrote:

The only turd so to speak at t'Turf was Keith Treacy. He was unfit, depressed and fighting for rights to see his daughter.

Dyche turned it all around (Treacy's admission) and now Treacy looks like a footballer again.

It only works if you don't have any pampered, highly paid ex Premier League players though.  Very Happy 

11John McGinlay: Manager Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Tue Feb 04 2014, 22:44

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Copper Dragon wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:

The only turd so to speak at t'Turf was Keith Treacy. He was unfit, depressed and fighting for rights to see his daughter.

Dyche turned it all around (Treacy's admission) and now Treacy looks like a footballer again.

It only works if you don't have any pampered, highly paid ex Premier League players though.  Very Happy 

Credit where it's due CD he's done a fabulous job and  if only Freedman could adopt a more humble approach I'm sure he'd get more out of players, ex PL or not.

12John McGinlay: Manager Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Tue Feb 04 2014, 22:46

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck off burnley.

13John McGinlay: Manager Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Tue Feb 04 2014, 22:54

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dyche was a coach with the England U21's before he came to Burnley, so there was a bit of a thought process to get him in.

The two recent Bolton managers seem to have been chosen by Darkside because they've done well with other clubs for a split second , he has someone else's money to make it happen and he's bullshit them.

14John McGinlay: Manager Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Tue Feb 04 2014, 23:39

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'll take Campo every day of the week ..... You want somebody that can identify players with true skill not left over donkeys from other clubs. 
Campo or any foreign manager see skill as better than working the good ol shift nonsense.

15John McGinlay: Manager Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Tue Feb 04 2014, 23:51

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fernando hierro in!

16John McGinlay: Manager Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Wed Feb 05 2014, 00:26

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Didn't Mcginlay manage a pub team for a bit and they were rubbish...

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

17John McGinlay: Manager Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Wed Feb 05 2014, 00:47

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're getting mixed up, he went to be a scout at a pub team...(Wigan)

18John McGinlay: Manager Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Wed Feb 05 2014, 01:10

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No,no,no. McGinlay is a genuine Wanderers legend. This club is going nowhere under the present regime regardless of who the manager is. I'd prefer Super John to retain his status and stay well away from all the shite that's going down at the moment.

19John McGinlay: Manager Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Wed Feb 05 2014, 01:18

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

How about Eddie Hopkinsons cap it's better equipped to manage than that scotch tosser.

20John McGinlay: Manager Empty Re: John McGinlay: Manager Wed Feb 05 2014, 02:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

John McGinlay wouldn't do it for me either I'm afraid no matter how big of a legend he is at our club.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum