Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sunday's transfer gossip

+2
luckyPeterpiper
Culcheth_White
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sunday's transfer gossip Empty Sunday's transfer gossip Sun Feb 23 2014, 12:22

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Source (Sunday People)

Bolton star Chris Eagles is looking to move to America's MLS and has been offered to several outfits in the States. The former Manchester United prospect is a free agent in the summer and his availability has been flashed across the Atlantic. Eagles 28, is unlikely to get a new deal at the Reebok and the chance of a spell in the booming American game appeals to him.

Crystal Palace left back Dean Moxey is wanted on loan by old boss Dougie Freedman at Bolton. Moxey, 28, is in danger of becoming third choice at Palace, and Freedman has a headache filling the role. He is keen on player, but also rates Palace's other left back Jonathan Parr highly.

2Sunday's transfer gossip Empty Re: Sunday's transfer gossip Sun Feb 23 2014, 12:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Interesting he's got his eye on two LB's from his old Palace days but why didn't he approach them earlier if that's the case. As to Eagles, well, if he wants to go to the USA not much we can do about it but this article suggests he hasn't ASKED for that. For my money he's one of our best players, on his day he's a cracker but given his inconsistency I can see why we might be keen to replace him with a more solid if slightly less talented man on the wing.

3Sunday's transfer gossip Empty Re: Sunday's transfer gossip Sun Feb 23 2014, 16:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Interesting he's got his eye on two LB's from his old Palace days but why didn't he approach them earlier if that's the case. As to Eagles, well, if he wants to go to the USA not much we can do about it but this article suggests he hasn't ASKED for that. For my money he's one of our best players, on his day he's a cracker but given his inconsistency I can see why we might be keen to replace him with a more solid if slightly less talented man on the wing.
Think Dougie's main criterion is to replace him with someone on half his wages which is why Dougie is trying to flog Eagles and a bunch of others as fast as possible.

4Sunday's transfer gossip Empty Re: Sunday's transfer gossip Sun Feb 23 2014, 17:08

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Interesting he's got his eye on two LB's from his old Palace days but why didn't he approach them earlier if that's the case. As to Eagles, well, if he wants to go to the USA not much we can do about it but this article suggests he hasn't ASKED for that. For my money he's one of our best players, on his day he's a cracker but given his inconsistency I can see why we might be keen to replace him with a more solid if slightly less talented man on the wing.
Think Dougie's main criterion is to replace him with someone on half his wages which is why Dougie is trying to flog Eagles and a bunch of others as fast as possible.
Maybe so, just as long as he replaces them with someone who can play at this level consistently. I'm not asking for messi or ronaldo, just someone who performs to a decent standard on a consistent basis. I'm Eagles biggest fan when he's on song, the problem is when he isn't he might as well be invisible and it happens that way too often for a club like ours to afford him. He's what I call a "luxury" player, you carry him a lot in the hope he'll provide some moment of magic and spend a lot of time being disappointed. Sad, he has real talent but he lacks the necessary application to use it the way he should,

5Sunday's transfer gossip Empty Re: Sunday's transfer gossip Sun Feb 23 2014, 17:59

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I tweeted Nixon earlier, it seems we have circulated numerous clubs about Eagles's availability, but there are no takers. Maybe it's his 30k a week wages which are a problem.  Rolling Eyes 

Dean Moxey, who is a proper left back, would be a shrewd signing, if we get him.

6Sunday's transfer gossip Empty Re: Sunday's transfer gossip Sun Feb 23 2014, 18:40

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We have too many players on outrageous amounts of money considering that their level of performance has been pitiful, especially this season, Eagles being in a medal position for the waste of time award if not nailed on for gold now Egg Nog has departed. Others would include Knight, Pratley, Lee [although he has been better of late] and Baptiste who looked completely at sea yesterday and not for the 1st time.

We will have forgotten about Eagles even before his plane has taken off so I wouldn't be losing any sleep if he does go. If he is offered a new deal it will be on much reduced terms so he would be foolish not to consider his options but the USA would probably suit him. He rarely looks interested these days and sadly he has never realised his undoubted potential, at 28 years of age he is unlikely to do so now.

7Sunday's transfer gossip Empty Re: Sunday's transfer gossip Sun Feb 23 2014, 18:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't believe for a minute Eagles is on £30k per week. The club will have had clauses in all contracts for a pay decrease should we end up playing in the Championship.

I'd still get shut of Eagles mind. What a ponce.

8Sunday's transfer gossip Empty Re: Sunday's transfer gossip Sun Feb 23 2014, 18:52

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eagles has as much fight in him as  ::bellend:: .

Get rid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum