Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When you get a cold...

+9
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
Keegan
Boggersbelief
Banks of the Croal
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1When you get a cold...  Empty When you get a cold... Thu Feb 27 2014, 01:20

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I used to get those colds that would drag on for weeks at a time. Sometimes I would be floored fof days, bunged up, headache, sneezing, then runny nose, followed by a tickly cough, then a cough, then a sore throat.

But, I found a cure. Kind of.

When ever I get the start of a cold, and those around me ard dropping like flies, I know it's going to be a bad one unless I do something about it.

So I do this, and a few other things, and so far, for maybe three years I haven't been properly full of a cold despite the Mrs or my parents or people i work with being proper wrecks all around me.

See next post for my cure....

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2When you get a cold...  Empty Re: When you get a cold... Thu Feb 27 2014, 01:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:I used to get those colds that would drag on for weeks at a time. Sometimes I would be floored fof days, bunged up, headache, sneezing, then runny nose, followed by a tickly cough, then a cough, then a sore throat.

But, I found a cure. Kind of.

When ever I get the start of a cold, and those around me ard dropping like flies, I know it's going to be a bad one unless I do something about it.

So I do this, and a few other things, and so far, for maybe three years I haven't been properly full of a cold despite the Mrs or my parents or people i work with being proper wrecks all around me.

See next post for my cure....
Biggie, you have missed the juicy bit mate!

What is your trick for keeping the colds and flu at bay????

Just seen this bit in bold! I'm going Nuts! Very Happy

3When you get a cold...  Empty Re: When you get a cold... Thu Feb 27 2014, 01:31

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hurry up Biggie

I'm dying of a cold, here  Very Happy

4When you get a cold...  Empty Re: When you get a cold... Thu Feb 27 2014, 01:32

Bolton Nuts

Admin

1. Have a Lemsip in the morning and skip the coffee.
2. Suck on menthol sweets if in blocked up.
3. Any hint of sore throat, even a tickle, gargle with warm salt water several times a day.
4. Gargle salt water at bed time.
5. Put albus oil on your bedding and or on a tissue at the side of the bed.
6. Use a nasal spray to unblock you at bedtime otherwise it will get worse when you try to sleep.
7. If anything needs to come out of you by dribbling, blowing, sneezing or coughing up, let it out, don't sniff ut in or cough and swallow.
8. Drink water.
9. Take vitamin c in water.
10. Invest in good man size, soft tissues to protect your nose incase it gets really bad.
11. Don't buy cough medicine over the counter.
12. Soothe throat with honey if required, or a throat spray of sore.
13. Have a supply of codiene tablets for if you are coughing so much you cant sleep. Codiene is the only scientifically proven cough supressor.

It sounds like a lot but its simple and worked so far!

5When you get a cold...  Empty Re: When you get a cold... Thu Feb 27 2014, 01:39

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Seems like obvious advice reading it back but i think the key is in the timing.

When everyone around you has got a cold you know its coming your way soon. But most of us wait until its too late to really do anything about it, by the its probably time to ride it out.

As soon as you have sneezed a few times but think you're still ok, or as soon as you blow your nose, you know the virus is trying to get hold of you.

You can make the ride easier by taking action straight away.
Get vitamin c in you. Get water in you. Gargle with salt water often. Get a nasal spray. Get unblocked. You will be stopping the cold from ever getting that evil grip on you.

Ps in not just talking crap, there are scientific reasons behind all this which i will go into if anyone wants me to explain my rant on colds.

6When you get a cold...  Empty Re: When you get a cold... Thu Feb 27 2014, 01:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:1. Have a Lemsip in the morning and skip the coffee.
2. Suck on menthol sweets if in blocked up.
3. Any hint of sore throat, even a tickle, gargle with warm salt water several times a day.
4. Gargle salt water at bed time.
5. Put albus oil on your bedding and or on a tissue at the side of the bed.
6. Use a nasal spray to unblock you at bedtime otherwise it will get worse when you try to sleep.
7. If anything needs to come out of you by dribbling, blowing, sneezing or coughing up, let it out, don't sniff ut in or cough and swallow.
8. Drink water.
9. Take vitamin c in water.
10. Invest in good man size, soft tissues to protect your nose incase it gets really bad.
11. Don't buy cough medicine over the counter.
12. Soothe throat with honey if required, or a throat spray of sore.
13. Have a supply of codiene tablets for if you are coughing so much you cant sleep. Codiene is the only scientifically proven cough supressor.

It sounds like a lot but its simple and worked so far!
I usually have beechams hot lemon, depending on if I'm chesty some buttercup syrup as it works a treat and tastes good as well, also some hot toddy's and a sleep! Very Happy

7When you get a cold...  Empty Re: When you get a cold... Thu Feb 27 2014, 02:27

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

7 shots of absinthe will sort you out.

8When you get a cold...  Empty Re: When you get a cold... Thu Feb 27 2014, 02:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:7 shots of absinthe will sort you out.
It will knock you out! Very Happy

9When you get a cold...  Empty Re: When you get a cold... Thu Feb 27 2014, 02:34

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Orange Juice and White Overproof Rum. Good for what ails you!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

10When you get a cold...  Empty Re: When you get a cold... Thu Feb 27 2014, 10:44

I just suck it up and get on with it.

But then, I'm a proper bloke.......

11When you get a cold...  Empty Re: When you get a cold... Thu Feb 27 2014, 11:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You sound a bit of a hypochondriac Biggie!

Sweating it out I used to find worked for me.

When I was younger I used to run it off by getting in a brisk game of five a side or basket ball, both of which I used to play often. These days though I get down the gym on the running machines.

Fresh air I think helps too - I try to get out in it, or open the windows if I am inside.

Youngsters today though......shakes my head!

12When you get a cold...  Empty Re: When you get a cold... Thu Feb 27 2014, 11:50

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mamajuana, all you need for colds and flu.

13When you get a cold...  Empty Re: When you get a cold... Thu Feb 27 2014, 11:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Mamajuana, all you need for colds and flu.
Go on then - tell me you're not suggesting a bag of weed is the way forward.

14When you get a cold...  Empty Re: When you get a cold... Thu Feb 27 2014, 12:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hot Toddy, always clears me up and makes me feel better.

15When you get a cold...  Empty Re: When you get a cold... Thu Feb 27 2014, 12:07

wanderlust wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:Mamajuana, all you need for colds and flu.
Go on then - tell me you're not suggesting a bag of weed is the way forward.

It's a rum-based drink served in the Dominican Republic, you goon......

And very nice it is, too.

16When you get a cold...  Empty Re: When you get a cold... Thu Feb 27 2014, 12:26

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boiling hot water in a bowl with a towel over your head works every time for me.

17When you get a cold...  Empty Re: When you get a cold... Thu Feb 27 2014, 12:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Boiling hot water in a bowl with a towel over your head works every time for me.
You might as well get in the sauna! Very Happy

18When you get a cold...  Empty Re: When you get a cold... Fri Feb 28 2014, 17:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just send for the nurse.When you get a cold...  Nurse_21

19When you get a cold...  Empty Re: When you get a cold... Fri Feb 28 2014, 17:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a great woman, I quite like her.

20When you get a cold...  Empty Re: When you get a cold... Fri Feb 28 2014, 18:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:What a great woman, I quite like her.
She works at our local erectile dysfunction clinic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum