Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yet another comeback - Stuart Holden

+9
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
JAH
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
Boggersbelief
13 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stuart Holden will continue to build up to full match fitness when he features for the club’s under-21 side in Monday’s game against Everton.

The American international is now at the end stage of recovering from a knee injury sustained when representing the United States in last summer’s World Cup.

And after successfully returning to full training with the first team squad last month, Holden is now at the stage required to feature in competitive match action.

Dougie Freedman said: “Stuart will be involved on Monday. In training I’m seeing a player who is ready to go, but right now he needs game time.

“There’s a slight change in his running movements and he’s looking fit and well and it is great to have him back amongst the group.

“It’ll be a good game for him with it being at the Reebok, on a good playing surface.”

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fucking sick to the back teeth of this guy now.

He will come back in time to play 2 games and then fuck off on a free somewhere.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Fucking sick to the back teeth of this guy now.

He will come back in time to play 2 games and then fuck off on a free somewhere.  
You've absolutely no reason to be pissed off with Holden - not his fault he was injured and he's only ever said good things about the club.

I'm pissed off that we lost 2 of the prime years of a good footballers life, but I don't blame him for that.

First things first. Let's see if his legs hold up for starters. Then maybe we'll see how he goes on in a game. With luck he'll get back to his best form and help us out.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Im not saying im angry with stuart the person, but stuart the footballer - yes I am seething with him.

Sat taking possibly 20/30k a week for 2 years. He will get back to his best then fuck off to another club.

He is never going to sign a new deal.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:He is never going to sign a new deal.

If his fitness holds up of course he will.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wish the lad all the best, he's a class act on and off the pitch. 

Can't think of many players who've had luck as bad! 

Truth be told he'll do well to be offered a long term deal from anyone, even if he is able to play out the season. 

no one (most probably) will put 3 or 4 years into a player with his history, sadly I suspect a touch of the Owen Hargreaves, a minor comeback, before having to retire to the pundits chair.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Im not saying im angry with stuart the person, but stuart the footballer - yes I am seething with him.

Sat taking possibly 20/30k a week for 2 years. He will get back to his best then fuck off to another club.

If you mean that you're pissed off with the situation, then you're not alone. 

As regards the money, he has a right to it IMO. I know the Americans have been covering his salary but even if they hadn't if you were injured at work wouldn't you expect the company's Employee Liability insurance to pay you whilst you were unable to work? 

His contract is up soon but he's stated that he'd like to stay. Whether or not he achieves the standard of play that would justify his current salary level being renewed is another matter - but the club are in a good position to assess that over the next couple of months before contract negotiations open.

Don't see the problem.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Give him one last chance, then hopefully he comes through for us, if not, wish him all the best, then move on.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wish the lad well. He deserves a bit of luck for a change,and if he decides in the end to go to another club,so be it,but I'd like to think he'd be happy to stay.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hopefully be out club captain next season!

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope his comeback is successful! If he really is a genuine guy I presume we'd have first refusal on keeping him, even if it meant lower wages. He does talk the talk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He needs to be moved on at the end of his contract, he'll never be the player he was and you all know it. It's a shame, but we can't be giving contracts based on hope.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

He's going to come back and be our best player. You heard it here first.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Im not saying im angry with stuart the person, but stuart the footballer - yes I am seething with him.

RR he's NOT been taking a wage from us mate, at least not since the injury he got playing for USA. They paid his wages and treatment costs from their insurance and continue to do so until he's passed as fully fit. 

As to a new deal, well he's already said he wants to stay but it'll be up to Phil Gartside whether or not to offer him a new contract. As much as I want Dougie gone even I have to say he's made it clear he's keen to keep Holden if the lad can get back to full fitness and form but he doesn't control the purse strings so it won't be up to him. 

Personally I hope he comes back and shows us all the kind of form that made him such a hit here in the first place.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So the lad gets a bad a career threatening injury, and that pisses you off ?
Get a grip man. 

Do i think he will get back to what he was ? probably not
Do i want him to get back to that level? absolutely.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:

So the lad gets a bad a career threatening injury, and that pisses you off ?
Get a grip man. 

Do i think he will get back to what he was ? probably not
Do i want him to get back to that level? absolutely.
I'm with Wessy on this Smile

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stuart Holden will make his long-awaited return for Wanderers on Monday at the Reebok.

The US international is pencilled in to feature for the Under-21s in their game against Everton, which has been switched from the County Ground, Leyland.

Holden has not featured for Wanderers since last April, after which he tore a cruciate ligament playing for his country at the Gold Cup in the summer.

The midfielder has struggled to overcome a spate of injuries that stretches back three years to a Premier League game at Old Trafford and an X-rated challenge from Manchester United defender Jonny Evans.

But hopes are high that the popular American has completed his rehabilitation correctly and can now return to earn a new contract for next season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

American midfielder Stuart Holden is set to play his first match since being sidelined by another major knee injury last year.

Bolton manager Dougie Freedman said Holden will play Monday for the English team's under-21s against Everton.

''In training I'm seeing a player who is ready to go, but right now he needs game time,'' Freedman said Friday on Bolton's website. ''There's a slight change in his running movements, and he's looking fit and well, and it is great to have him back amongst the group.''

Holden tore his right anterior cruciate ligament during the United States' 1-0 victory over Panama in the CONCACAF Gold Cup final on July 28.

Holden has had a series of injuries during the last four years. He broke his right leg on a tackle by the Netherlands' Nigel de Jong during an exhibition game in March 2010 but returned to make the U.S. World Cup team, where he appeared as a late substitute in the Americans' opener against England.

He injured his left knee against Manchester United during a tackle by Jonny Evans in March 2011, returned from surgery for a League Cup match against Aston Villa that September, then needed more surgery eight days later.

Holden came back again in January 2013 to make three substitute appearances for Bolton, four starts during a one-month loan to Sheffield Wednesday and another short substitute stint for Bolton.

He rejoined the national team as a substitute in an exhibition against Belgium on May 29, then played extensively in the Gold Cup before getting hurt again.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum