Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Queen's Kebab...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Queen's Kebab... Empty The Queen's Kebab... Fri Feb 28 2014, 23:15

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Buckingham Palace was investigating today after giant images of the Queen were used on the front of a new kebab shop

The Queen's Kebab... Article-2559753-1B7CAAAE00000578-157_634x424

The Queen, formerly the Petra Restaurant, offers ‘charcoal grill, peri peri and sisha’ and sells a range of takeway foods.  But the restaurant has caught the attention of The Royal Family and Buckingham Palace say they are looking into the matter.

Pictures of the Queen cannot be used for marketing purposes and can only be used legally by businesses issued with a Royal warrant of appointment.  A Royal Communications Spokesperson said: 'Images of members of the Royal Family should not be used for commercial endorsement.'

But takeaway owner Hussein Ibrahim, 42, thinks his purple kebab shop is the perfect way to show his love for the Queen. He said: 'I love the Queen and what she’s done for every single person in this country. This is her land and she deserves to have everybody to come here to salute her.

The Queen makes everybody happy. I believe in this community they are missing this kind of thing, something that brings the community together.

Britain’s biggest Royal Family fan also slammed the Mr Ibrahim’s decision to ‘cash in on our heritage.’  Margaret Tyler, 70, is thought to have the world’s largest collection of Royal memorabilia, after spending more than 50 years filling her home in Wembley, north London, with more than 10,000 collectables.

She said: It’s disgraceful. How dare someone cash in on our heritage. It’s not an homage, it’s an abomination.
I very much doubt The Queen has ever eaten a kebab, and I very much doubt she ever would. You’re simply not allowed to use Her Majesty as a marketing tool.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2559753/We-not-amused-Kebab-shop-probed-Buckingham-Palace-renaming-The-Queen-plastering-windows-giant-pictures-Her-Majesty.html

2The Queen's Kebab... Empty Re: The Queen's Kebab... Fri Feb 28 2014, 23:39

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Very disrespectful imo, now if the pictures were of, Cameron and Osborne.

I'd draw beards, boils and moustaches on them  Very Happy

3The Queen's Kebab... Empty Re: The Queen's Kebab... Sat Mar 01 2014, 00:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Banks of the Croal wrote:Very disrespectful imo, now if the pictures were of, Cameron and Osborne.

I'd draw beards, boils and moustaches on them  Very Happy
 lol!

4The Queen's Kebab... Empty Re: The Queen's Kebab... Sat Mar 01 2014, 00:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Too right! I remember this article and it's about time the royal family helped local businesses!  Very Happy

5The Queen's Kebab... Empty Re: The Queen's Kebab... Sat Mar 01 2014, 01:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't like the queens kebab though due to her age! Very Happy

6The Queen's Kebab... Empty Re: The Queen's Kebab... Tue Mar 04 2014, 01:11

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

You mean half eaten kebab .

7The Queen's Kebab... Empty Re: The Queen's Kebab... Tue Mar 04 2014, 08:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bet the Queen is proud, I bet she's never had a Kebab shop named after her, what's the odds on Kate and Wills popping in for Donner and chips.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum