Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where will we finish and how many points?

+11
gloswhite
trotter1948
Dunkels King
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Spillthebeans
Hipster_Nebula
Mr Magoo
Bolton Nuts
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Just think we are scrapping a bit better lately and if we can just keep a clean sheet or two, who knows.

Bogdan has saved our skin last 3 games tho.

Bye Jussi, been fantastic but your time is up.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Jussi is resigned to the fact that he is no longer number 1. Jussi has been a great keeper over the years for us and I hope he is still offered a contract in the future.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's time for Jussi to move on, I'm the biggest Bogdan fan or anything but I hate sympathy contracts like the one we gave to Gardner, a total waste of money.

let Jussi leave and let Rob Lainton sit on the bench.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote: I'm the biggest Bogdan fan

Won't Stuart Holden be jealous?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I actually meant to say I'm not, but clearly i am subconsciously.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've absolutely no idea. OC seems to think we have momentum, but none of our recent wins have been convincing. Wolves could and should have buried us before half time yesterday, but somehow they didn't. Still not convinced we have the right system or selection given what's available, and any confidence that the players have could be shattered by one bad performance or the other teams continuing to do well. I've been saying that QPR will come good sooner or later and it's happened already - mightily impressed by their win over the "in-form" Arsenal and there's nothing to suggest that they can't get points from others in the top 5. Wigan are getting results too. United had better beat Rovers or it will be looking grim. Another aspect of the remaining fixtures is what does the opposition have to play for? Stoke just looked like they didn't give a monkeys so which are really going to be the difficult games? Villa will be tough as they're in danger now. Hopeful for >10 points but more than that I'm hoping for some more convincing performances and if we get those the results will follow. Not a clue where we'll finish but if you insist on a guess, it'll be 17th for me.

Last edited by wanderlust on Sun Apr 01 2012, 17:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Dyslexic keyboard)

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

QPR are good at home, rubbish away. It will be very difficult for them to stay up.

I have a sneaky feeling Wigan will stay up again, purely because they seem to have a bit of spirit and a manager who takes the odd risk.

Blackburn looked decent in recent weeks but were poor against us and another defeat tomorrow will put pressure back on them.

I agree with you that we have almost stumbled through these victories, hopefully we'll do it again against Fulham. But if things are as close after the Fulham game I will be very worried.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've got a nasty feeling (based on a rather too complex conspiracy theory to explain in full on here) that Rovers will get something out of the game tonight, maybe even a win. I know it doesn't make sense in footballing terms as Rovers are crap, but it does make sense in the conspiracy theory context (the theory is not about plotting to send us down, but about making the title race more exciting in order to retain high income streams and Man Us political dominance in the PL) Let's hope I'm spouting my usual rubbish.

Last edited by wanderlust on Mon Apr 02 2012, 13:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Dementia)

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I predicted on another forum that we would get 17 more points after the Wigan farce in February.

Been looking for the post to see how I broke that down. But can't find it. I know I was ridiculed for this prediction, and am going to be proven right. I do remember predicting we would beat QPR and Blackburn and get a point at Wolves. Since then though, Wolves have imploded.

So based on that, I think we will get 10 more points.

Last edited by largehat on Wed Apr 04 2012, 12:25; edited 1 time in total

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I think a win on satruday will help us going into the Newcastle game as I honestly think we will be 4 points ahead of 17th after Satruday, I really can't see us getting anything from the Toon.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seem to have misplaced my crystal ball....(insert joke of your choice here)

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Predict ours and other teams results for the last 7-8 games: -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is how I predicted the table would look.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Biggie wrote:H Fulham .....WIN
A Newcastle ..LOSE
H Swansea ....WIN
A Villa ......LOSE
A Sunderland..DRAW
H Spurs ......LOSE
H WBA ........WIN
A Stok .......DRAW

3 wins and two draws would see us finish on 38 points. But that mean losing only three games from our last 8. Which, including our recent run would mean an unlikely 11 matches with just 3 defeats. It's a big ask. But that's what I'm going for!

ACTUAL SO FAR
A Newcastle ..LOST
H Swansea ....DRAWN
A Villa ......WON

A Sunderland..
H Spurs ......
H WBA ........
A Stoke ......

So up to now we are doing better than my prediction. I expected three points from Newcastle/Swansea/Villa in total - we got 4.
Another win and a draw would finish us on 38 as per my prediction. Which would still mean other results have to go for us. I think 39 points would be great but I'm sticking with 38 and hoping it's enough.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Biggie wrote:
Another win and a draw would finish us on 38 as per my prediction. Which would still mean other results have to go for us. I think 39 points would be great but I'm sticking with 38 and hoping it's enough.

We need a win and 2 draws to finish on 38.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We could get 40 points and finish 15th if my predictions are correct.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

A Sunderland ..Draw
H Spurs .......Lose
H WBA .......Win
A Stoke........Lose

I predicted 3 points out of the previous 4 games and we got 4. My original predictions for the remaining games are above. I said we would get 7 points in total and that it would not be enough. I don't think 8 will be enough either because of our awful goal difference. We need at least 5 and preferably 6 more points to stand a chance of staying up.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A Sunderland... Lose
H Spurs... Draw
H... WBA Win
A Stoke... Win

7 points gives us 40 which will be enough. If we can draw at Sunderland then it could be 41.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I predict 16th place on 38 points -

15 - Wigan - 38
16 - Bolton - 38
17 - Aston Villa - 36
18 - QPR - 35
19 - Blackburn - 32
20 - Wolves - 23

Sunderland 1-1 Bolton
Bolton 0-1 Spurs
Bolton 2-1 WBA
Stoke 1-1 Bolton

I also have City and United level on 89 points with City winning the league via goal difference.

That'll do, Pig - that'll do.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I believe we have an excellent chance of getting all 3 points at Stoke. As the season is obvoiusly going to go to the last game, we should be firing on all cylinders. Even if we aren't, Stoke already seem to have their holiday cases packed. I really do think they will put up only a token effort on the last day. (and I'll be there to watch it Very Happy )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum