Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The European Union...In or out?

+10
Tigermin
bwfc71
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31The European Union...In or out? - Page 3 Empty Re: The European Union...In or out? Thu Apr 03 2014, 16:04

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc71 wrote:  So do you honestly believe we would pull out of the EU if UKIP got any power - would Farage would want to lose his job in the EU and end up on the unemployment list?

I couldn't give a toss about him.  scratch 

32The European Union...In or out? - Page 3 Empty Re: The European Union...In or out? Thu Apr 03 2014, 20:07

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:It might have been closer to €2.20 (it was ten years ago) but it was still significantly better than the 1.14 I got in Belgium last year.
When the euro came in it was worth 60p. I know this because the first place I went when it came in was Portugal. They had a coin that looked like a £2 coin and they were worth 60p, the equivalent of 1€ there. 
These coins came in very handy back home when they accidently got mixed up with my English money and I'd had a few sherberts!!

33The European Union...In or out? - Page 3 Empty Re: The European Union...In or out? Fri Apr 04 2014, 13:43

This has been bugging me for a couple of days now, so I went back through a load of old receipts that The Boss insists on keeping and it appears that I have been talking absolute bollocks.

In Crete in 2004, the exchange rate was more like the figure quoted by SK above.

It was 1€ a pack for Leader cigarettes which worked out at about 65p.

It appears I was getting confused with the exchange rate we got against the dollar in the US in 1998, when it was definitely $2 to the Pound Sterling.

Apologies for talking shite.

(Not often you hear that on here, is it?)

34The European Union...In or out? - Page 3 Empty Re: The European Union...In or out? Fri Apr 04 2014, 13:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:This has been bugging me for a couple of days now, so I went back through a load of old receipts that The Boss insists on keeping and it appears that I have been talking absolute bollocks.

In Crete in 2004, the exchange rate was more like the figure quoted by SK above.

It was 1€ a pack for Leader cigarettes which worked out at about 65p.

It appears I was getting confused with the exchange rate we got against the dollar in the US in 1998, when it was definitely $2 to the Pound Sterling.

Apologies for talking shite.

(Not often you hear that on here, is it?)
Well done mate. Thought you were stretching it a bit, but the principle of what you were saying was right although nobody could have predicted how currencies will go in relation to each other.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum