Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is having a child no big deal now?

+2
scottjames30
doffcocker
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is having a child no big deal now? Empty Is having a child no big deal now? Thu Apr 10 2014, 18:15

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I remember the first time a girl from my school year had a kid (aged 15), and it was a big deal. Everybody was talking about it.
That was only six years ago and it's a bigger talking point now if you've not had one.

I don't even think about it now when I see a Facebook status about being up the duff or having knocked somebody up. I just scroll straight past it, it's about as significant as what I'm having for my tea.

The novelty has completely gone from somebody having a kid. Why? Because everybody's having kids. Even people you thought would do well to ever find a partner.

But it's also how people react to finding out they're gonna be parents. I know a lad who's having twins after a one night stand and he's over the moon. It's just no big deal at all.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nobody gives a shit now-a-days, its like a job for life if you pop a couple out, claim off the system, new boiler, new 50inch telly, a couple of holidays and so on.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The Jeremy Kyle generation.

Rolling Eyes 

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I applaud people who don't have kids these days, as there's much greater pressure on those that don't.

My sister has two kids, and while I love them to death, I wouldn't want any of my own. All she does is worry about them, moan that they drive her mad, and they take every penny she has.

Ok, if they grow up to cure cancer or win the Champions League for BWFC then I can see it would all be worth it - but the vast majority of kids will do exactly the same as their parents....average job, average life, two/three kids of their own.

Why bother. Why not use the short time you have on this planet to actually live.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Human species 'may split in two'

Evolutionary theorist Oliver Curry of the London School of Economics expects a genetic upper class and a dim-witted underclass to emerge.

People would become choosier about their sexual partners, causing humanity to divide into sub-species, he added.

The descendants of the genetic upper class would be tall, slim, healthy, attractive, intelligent, and creative and a far cry from the "underclass" humans who would have evolved into dim-witted, ugly, squat goblin-like creatures

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6057734.stm

Which Nutters would you put in which group?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think it is a big deal no.

Not many girls had kids when i was at school but a lot had abortions! I remember a lot of girls buying the morning after pill too.

I absolutely hate the sanctimony of new parents (that i encounter) social media only exacerbates it. 

Someone I know who is a recent parent tweeted something like this the other day.

"can't stand people who criticise the posting of baby just cos ur not mature enough to have a kid"

How very.... mature.

Sluffy wrote:Human species 'may split in two'

Evolutionary theorist Oliver Curry of the London School of Economics expects a genetic upper class and a dim-witted underclass to emerge.

People would become choosier about their sexual partners, causing humanity to divide into sub-species, he added.

The descendants of the genetic upper class would be tall, slim, healthy, attractive, intelligent, and creative and a far cry from the "underclass" humans who would have evolved into dim-witted, ugly, squat goblin-like creatures

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6057734.stm

Which Nutters would you put in which group?

Watch this film, it's funny and scary at the same time because it's coming true:

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I would see my arse if this situation dropped on my doorstep. There's no chance of getting bout my two girls as they know which side their bread is buttered at the moment and so if the population grew in my house it would be a big deal!!
Fortunately I think they both are sensible enough not to tie themselves down with the burden of a sprog at this moment in time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum