Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bye Bye Reebok...

+15
doffcocker
Triumph
Keegan
JAH
Numpty 28723
Norpig
Soul Kitchen
Angry Dad
wanderlust
scottjames30
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
Boggersbelief
Reebok_Rebel
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Bye Bye Reebok...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bye Bye Reebok... Thu Apr 24 2014, 18:57

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think Macron did a Villa kit a couple seasons ago.

42Bye Bye Reebok...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bye Bye Reebok... Thu Apr 24 2014, 19:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This year 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

43Bye Bye Reebok...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bye Bye Reebok... Thu Apr 24 2014, 19:29

It's disappointing for the reasons Doff said, some of us have only really known the Reebok. 

But not for a second do I blame the club, how many offers do people think were on the table? Reebok are no longer, Adidas obviously aren't interested and why would they be? If 'big' clubs like Villa and Leeds are with Macron how would this make us too good for it? Clearly the best offer on the table financially so who gives a fuck. 

Plenty of morons probably would have loved it if we'd renamed the stadium John McGinlay Park and let a local shop sponsor the team ('soul of the club') and all that, but we'd have lost out on millions of pounds which clearly isn't economically viable.

44Bye Bye Reebok...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bye Bye Reebok... Thu Apr 24 2014, 19:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I'm disappointed.
I can see why somebody in their 30s+ wouldn't give a shit but it's always been The Reebok for some of us. It's not like your typical "new ground", named after a company with no affinity to the club at all. Reebok started their business in Bolton over a century ago.

You utter bellend. No one gives a shit what the under 30's think.

45Bye Bye Reebok...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bye Bye Reebok... Thu Apr 24 2014, 19:55

If I'm honest, I'm not arsed about the shirt - a shirt's a shirt and anybody who judges how much kudos a team has by who makes their kit obviously needs to grow up a bit.

As far as the stadium name goes, I'm disappointed but not overly surprised.

Despite Gartside's bullshit proclamation posted above by Culcheth, it was always going to happen at some point but I don't for one minute think that any Bolton fan will ever refer to it as anything other than The Reebok.

46Bye Bye Reebok...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bye Bye Reebok... Thu Apr 24 2014, 20:25

bwfc1874 wrote:It's disappointing for the reasons Doff said, some of us have only really known the Reebok. 

But not for a second do I blame the club, how many offers do people think were on the table? Reebok are no longer, Adidas obviously aren't interested and why would they be? If 'big' clubs like Villa and Leeds are with Macron how would this make us too good for it? Clearly the best offer on the table financially so who gives a fuck. 

Plenty of morons probably would have loved it if we'd renamed the stadium John McGinlay Park and let a local shop sponsor the team ('soul of the club') and all that, but we'd have lost out on millions of pounds which clearly isn't economically viable.

Does any of this look familiar:

"All those years ago when we had Megson as manager and I was calling for the head of Gartside then calling him a cheat, liar et and even getting banned for 3 months for giving out hiss address (even though it is more than easy enough to find on the net) all because of his business reputation with his other businesses and now look - guess who was proved right, as usual and yet many of you didn't believe me!!!"

Make your mind up........

47Bye Bye Reebok...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bye Bye Reebok... Thu Apr 24 2014, 20:36

I don't understand your point? Who's the quote from?

48Bye Bye Reebok...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bye Bye Reebok... Thu Apr 24 2014, 20:41

Like you don't already know........ :whistle:

49Bye Bye Reebok...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bye Bye Reebok... Thu Apr 24 2014, 20:43

You're trying to suggest I said that? 

Do me a favour.

50Bye Bye Reebok...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bye Bye Reebok... Thu Apr 24 2014, 20:52

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Now all we need is some Italian players and an Italian manager.  Not to mention some meatballs and Spagetti  in the food stands instead of the meat pies.

Don't bother me what they call it.

51Bye Bye Reebok...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bye Bye Reebok... Thu Apr 24 2014, 22:44

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:It's disappointing for the reasons Doff said, some of us have only really known the Reebok. 

Does any of this look familiar:

"All those years ago when we had Megson as manager and I was calling for the head of Gartside then calling him a cheat, liar et and even getting banned for 3 months for giving out hiss address (even though it is more than easy enough to find on the net) all because of his business reputation with his other businesses and now look - guess who was proved right, as usual and yet many of you didn't believe me!!!"

Make your mind up........

I don't recall BWFC1874 ever making such a statement. I'm pretty sure the quote mentioned was by our very own international man of mystery. I could be wrong and I am happy to stand corrected.

52Bye Bye Reebok...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bye Bye Reebok... Thu Apr 24 2014, 22:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Now all we need is some Italian players and an Italian manager.  Not to mention some meatballs and Spagetti  in the food stands instead of the meat pies.

I would definitely go for that. The current fare on offer at the Reebok is disgusting. Burnt Holland's pies microwaved to the point of extinction or a flavour free Hot Dog sausage in a foot long bun with no butter. I tend to have a meal in Harvesters before the game where the food is palatable and reasonably priced.

53Bye Bye Reebok...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bye Bye Reebok... Thu Apr 24 2014, 22:50

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was Amos who said that. RT is correct

54Bye Bye Reebok...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bye Bye Reebok... Thu Apr 24 2014, 22:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1874 is quite correct. Money talks and nine times out of ten the naming rights will go to the highest bidder. The board still have to be careful though, because the Wanderers faithful would not renew their season tickets if we were to be called the Wonga stadium.

55Bye Bye Reebok...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bye Bye Reebok... Thu Apr 24 2014, 22:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:It was Amos who said that. RT is correct

Cheers Boggers. I thought I was. It's always nice to know that Father Alzheimer's is not winning the battle.

56Bye Bye Reebok...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bye Bye Reebok... Thu Apr 24 2014, 23:32

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:It was Amos who said that. RT is correct

... and soon to be MT. Laughing 

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

57Bye Bye Reebok...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bye Bye Reebok... Fri Apr 25 2014, 01:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All the seatings going to have to be changed as well. They'll probably just make them all one colour.

58Bye Bye Reebok...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bye Bye Reebok... Fri Apr 25 2014, 08:25

Sincere apologies time.

It appears I got my "71's" and "74's" mixed up.

I'm getting on a bit now and need to start taking my time when reading things on-line, as I'm clearly losing it a bit.

BWFC1874, I offer you a full retraction and an apology, sir.

Mea culpa.

I'm off to the corner to sit down for a while and have a think about what I've done.....

59Bye Bye Reebok...  - Page 3 Empty Re: Bye Bye Reebok... Fri Apr 25 2014, 11:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Sincere apologies time.

It appears I got my "71's" and "74's" mixed up.

I'm getting on a bit now and need to start taking my time when reading things on-line, as I'm clearly losing it a bit.

BWFC1874, I offer you a full retraction and an apology, sir.

Mea culpa.

I'm off to the corner to sit down for a while and have a think about what I've done.....

It happens to me all the time! I don't know my arse from my elbow.  Embarassed 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum