Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton

+11
Boggersbelief
wessy
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
Culcheth_White
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
Norpig
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Thu Apr 24 2014, 23:05

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our next opponents are Sheffield Wednesday.  I see this being a narrow victory for the Super whites.  

What team will Dougie unleash?  
Will the youngsters get another chance? - I hope they do, we may as well see if they are up to it.

Last edited by BoltonTillIDie on Tue May 06 2014, 20:15; edited 1 time in total

2Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Fri Apr 25 2014, 00:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going for a 2-3 win to the Trotters!  :nuts:

3Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Fri Apr 25 2014, 01:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Davies in charge

Andy Davies will take charge of Wanderers’ Sky Bet Championship clash with Sheffield Wednesday this weekend.

Having been involved professionally in the game for the past two seasons, the Hampshire based official has taken charge of 27 games so far this term, brandishing 106 yellow and four red cards in the process.

A man who oversaw Huddersfield Town and Brighton & Hove Albion’s 1-1 draw in his last outing on Good Friday, Davies was the man in the middle when Wanderers faced Reading earlier this year.

Matt McGrath and William Smallwood will run the line, while Dean Whitestone is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Fri Apr 25 2014, 13:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

am i the only one who doesn't really care now? Nothing game in a nothing season.

5Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Fri Apr 25 2014, 13:26

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

541 way them up , then swap Ream for Becks, into a 442 .

1_1.

6Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Fri Apr 25 2014, 13:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

4-1 to the Wednesday. They score goals for fun, we don't like fun.

7Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Fri Apr 25 2014, 13:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i say i don't care but i will have the the chatbox and radio stream on as usual, can't help myself.

8Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Fri Apr 25 2014, 14:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1-0 to us.

9Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Fri Apr 25 2014, 15:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Opposition watch: Sheffield Wednesday

A fixture which was played for the first time in 12 years when the two sides met at Hillsborough last season, Sheffield Wednesday currently hold the upper hand with 51 victories as opposed to Wanderers 37 in all competitions.

With the Whites running out 2-1 winners however on a sunny afternoon in the Steel City in September 2012 courtesy of goals from Marcos Alonso and Mark Davies, the Bolton faithful will certainly be hoping for a case of déjà vu come kick off this weekend.

An Alex Baptiste own goal earned the Owls a share of the spoils in this season’s earlier meeting at the Reebok Stadium, with the Bolton man’s misfortune cancelling out Jermaine Beckford’s third goal in the white of Wanderers.

With Wednesday currently enjoying their second successive season as a member of the second tier of English football, Stuart Gray’s side have already guaranteed their place in the Championship next season, currently sitting ten points clear of third bottom Blackpool with just two games remaining.

It has certainly been a campaign of change at Hillsborough however, with manager Dave Jones being relieved of his duties after 20 months in charge back in December after a poor run of results saw the Owls six points from safety following a 2-0 defeat at the hands of the Seasiders.

A man who had helped the club return to the Championship after a two year exile in League One as runners-up behind Charlton Athletic in May 2012, Jones was replaced by his colleague Gray who took hold of the reins initially on a temporary basis.

After leading the Owls away from the relegation zone and to the fifth round of the FA Cup however, the former Barnsley and Aston Villa man was rewarded with a permanent contract.

A force not to be underestimated, the Hillsborough outfit have recorded a number of impressive results namely on home soil during the current campaign including an emphatic 6-0 victory over rivals Leeds United and a 3-0 win over promotion chasing Queens Park Rangers in recent months.

Having recorded nine victories to their name in front of their own supporters this season, the Owls have however been defeated as many times on their own turf, including surrendering a two goal advantage against Charlton in their last home game – a clash with saw Wanderers’ loanee Marvin Sordell notch a hat trick for the visitors.

It also seems safe to say that Saturday’s clash looks set to yield goals if nothing else, with Wednesday having found the back of the net 13 times in their last five outings.

Gray’s side’s inability to keep goals out though has cost them dearly on a number of occasions this term, with their record of 60 goals conceded meaning that they have the tenth leakiest defence in the league.

The form of frontman Chris Maguire has certainly been influential in the Owls’ upturn in fortunes, with the Scot having notched three times in his last four games to take his tally up to 12 for the season - equalling his best ever total for a single term that he managed for Aberdeen during the 2010/11 campaign.

With just a solitary position and two points separating the two sides ahead of kick off, both teams will no doubt be eager to finish their respective campaigns on a high with Wanderers themselves aiming for a clean sweep of victories on their travels in Yorkshire after picking up maximum points against Barnsley, Leeds United, Huddersfield Town and Doncaster respectively this year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Sat Apr 26 2014, 08:39

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:am i the only one who doesn't really care now? Nothing game in a nothing season.
I'm the same as you, I really can't be arsed what team Dougie picks or what the score is tbh.

11Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Sat Apr 26 2014, 14:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bogdan, Mills, Wheater, Ream, Threlkeld, Spearing, Trotter, Hall, Danns, Lee, Beckford

Subs - Lonergan, Knight, Jutkiewicz, Youngs, Robinson, Iliev, Kellett

12Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Sat Apr 26 2014, 14:24

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Playing some youth which is what we want him to do isn't it?

13Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Sat Apr 26 2014, 14:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not sure BTID if that is a rhetorical question or one asked of me?

If it is the latter, I only highlighted young master Threlkeld's name as I'd never heard of him before - not for any other ultreria motive.

(I've also never heard of master Youngs on the subs bench either!)

14Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Sat Apr 26 2014, 14:36

I watched Threlkeld play against Liverpool's academy team on telly when we beat them earlier this year.

His a big, tall lad and he looked composed on the ball and scored a header from a corner.

We'll no doubt sell him to Chelsea at some point for about £2m if he turns out to be any good......

(Christ, I sound like Whittam....)

15Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Sat Apr 26 2014, 14:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

That isn't all bad though Bread as we will have an opening for a Whittam replacement once the paper work as gone through on her transfer to the Chorley forum is finalised.

Fancy the role?

16Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Sat Apr 26 2014, 14:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

what position does Threlkeld play? I've heard the name but have no idea about him

17Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Sat Apr 26 2014, 14:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Centre back I believe - but I would guess from the line up he will be at right back today?

18Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Sat Apr 26 2014, 15:03

I hope he doesn't play him at full-back, cos he's a tall "rangy" type and looks like your archetypal CB.

Thanks for the job offer, Sluff but I'll give it a miss if you don't mind.

It'd be a bit like following Ferguson at Old Trafford -poisoned chalice.

19Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Sat Apr 26 2014, 15:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

4-5-1.

I bet we won't have a shot on goal in the first half.

20Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-3 Bolton Sat Apr 26 2014, 15:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Join CHATBOX by using the link towards the bottom left of the main forum page.

See you in there!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum