Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lap of thanks video...

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lap of thanks video... Empty Lap of thanks video... Sat May 03 2014, 21:45

Bolton Nuts

Admin

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Lap of thanks video... Empty Re: Lap of thanks video... Sun May 04 2014, 17:55

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Shit season Unless DF starts with Kellett LB thre likely RB  putts Ream in midfield with Mavies and Danns and Spearing holding with juke n Mason if possible in a 4-4-2 combination he can fuck off.Chopping and changing Trotter shit,Beckford shit,Sordell who knows if a young player will come on in the summer,especially with the right partnership.We can't just give up on £3 million quid FFS who scouted the kid to think he was worth that much.

3Lap of thanks video... Empty Re: Lap of thanks video... Sun May 04 2014, 18:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't think anybody scouted Sordell, certainly not in any depth.

Coyle put in a £7 million bid for Zaha on the 31st Jan, 2012, which I think was the last day of the transfer window and when that was knocked back he jumped to get Sordell before the window closed.

I remember it being said he had contacted Malky Mackay who had been Sordell's boss at Watford but now was at Cardiff for his opinion, then some how found out that Mackay himself was going to sign him - and got in first.

With Sordell's 'attitude' since the signing a two and a half years ago it would seem to me that Coyle was stitched up like a kipper by Mackay and Watford, to spend a fortune on a talented but 'troubled' personality.

The bigger crime to me that with the signing we threw away our Premier League status as at the time we clearly had more urgent need for a Holden replacement but Coyle blew the whole transfer budget we had on a striker he could never play.

Thanks Owen.

4Lap of thanks video... Empty Re: Lap of thanks video... Sun May 04 2014, 18:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton boss Owen Coyle has made a £3.2million swoop for Watford striker Marvin Sordell – after a transfer feud with Cardiff counterpart Malky Mackay.

Coyle made an inquiry for Sordell during deadline day but backed off because of the price-tag and after making background checks on the young forward.

The Premier League club had contacted former Watford manager Mackay for an honest assessment of the England Under-21 international’s recent form before increasing their offer.

Mackay advised Bolton that the young forward was not yet ready for the step up, but Coyle then discovered that Cardiff had tabled a £3.2million offer for Sordell - and were whisking him to Wales for a medical.

Coyle immediately matched that bid, offering Sordell a ticket to the Premier League rather than a reunion with his old gaffer in Cardiff.

"I am delighted to have brought Marvin to our club, as there were a number of other Premier League clubs tracking him," Coyle told bwfc.co.uk.

"We know that he has great potential and I am really looking forward to working with him.

"Overall, we're very pleased with all the players we have been able to bring in, as we have strengthened and added real quality signings to our squad."

The Bolton boss had gone through a frustrating day, with moves for Crystal Palace attacker Wilfried Zaha and Middlesbrough’s versatile Rhys Williams falling short.

Palace snubbed an offer of £3.25m rising to a potential £5m with a sell-on clause, while Boro would not accept £3m for Williams.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5Lap of thanks video... Empty Re: Lap of thanks video... Sun May 04 2014, 19:10

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Thanks for fucking ruining most of my Saturdays for 9 months.if I had a big curling shit I'd send it DHL to one Douglas Freedman to remind him what he had served up this set of fans and all season ticket holders TWAT.

6Lap of thanks video... Empty Re: Lap of thanks video... Tue May 06 2014, 21:01

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Happy Clappers easily pleased.

7Lap of thanks video... Empty Re: Lap of thanks video... Wed May 07 2014, 11:19

Talk about "damned by faint praise".......

I've seen more people stay behind after school nativity plays.

I think Dougie and Phil can infer from the vast swathes of empty blue seats that the good denizens of Bolton have been less than impressed with this season's offerings........

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum