Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fabrice Muamba's wife Shauna launches Mrs Muamba's Caribbean Sauces

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When Shauna Muamba made food for husband Fabrice to take to away games, it soon caught the attention of his Bolton Wanderers team-mates.

The 29-year-old found herself with requests from the players to make traditional Caribbean food and even catered a party for former Whites captain Kevin Davies.

Now, from the beginnings of packed lunches rustled up in her Cheshire kitchen, the mother-of-two has launched a range of authentic Caribbean cooking sauces.

She said: “If he was running late when they had an away game, I would do a lunch for him as Fab is really particular and I know what he likes.

“I love cooking. All the other lads enquired as to where Fab was getting all this food from.

“I got a lot of requests for jerk chicken and barbecue chicken. It was almost like packed lunches for the boys at Bolton.

“I thought, okay, there's clearly a gap in the market.

“I've done a party for Kevin Davies, they had a Caribbean night, I think it was a birthday or anniversary. This was going back two or three years.

“It’s been lovely to see how many people enjoy my food. For me, it’s been a huge confidence boost.

“I don’t pretend to be a chef, I haven’t studied at any fancy school.

“I don’t know how they chop veg really quickly like on the television — I can’t do that. But I can cook wholesome, family meals.”

The Mrs Muamba’s range consists of five sauces — Barbecue, Sweet and Spicy, Caribbean Curry, Brown Stew and Jerk — a selection of which are due to be stocked at Asda, Middlebrook.

Mrs Muamba, who married Fabrice in October 2012, said: “When I see them on the shelves, I will probably cry just because of the way I am.

“I will probably cry first and then I will get Fab to take a picture of me doing a cheesy grin with a bottle.

“Then I might do a little jig in the aisle and see if anyone comes and buys them.”

She has pledged to make a small donation from the sale of each jar to Arrhythmia Alliance, to help make defibrillators publicly accessible to all, following her husband’s on-pitch cardiac arrest in March 2012.

Looking to the future, Mrs Muamba said she would like to open a restaurant but her husband and two young sons — Joshua, five, and Matthew, 11 months — are her priority.

She said: “I considered opening a restaurant. It was a case of how can I have something viable, there's a good cause attached to it and is authentic Caribbean food.

“I think eventually, that's something I'd like to do but, for me, I'm a mum and my family is my priority.”

Mrs Muamba's Caribbean Sauces are also available in all Booths supermarkets and Asda stores in Farnworth, Wigan, Clayton Green and Fleetwood.

Sauce

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

“I got a lot of requests for jerk chicken and barbecue chicken. It was almost like packed lunches for the boys at Bolton."

No wonder we got relegated on that diet.

Isn't Mrs Muamba from a West African family?
What's she doing selling Caribbean sauces?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought Levi Roots had the monopoly with his Reggae Reggae sauces after his success on Dragons Den?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum