Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Late neet haunts ?

+8
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Wed Jun 11 2014, 19:55

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Saw Van Der Graf in 71 at Bees Knees/Copperfields with Supertramp as support act if I remember rightly.
My best night out music wise was Emerson , Lake and Palmer in December 71 on a Friday night at FTH in Manc followed by a BIT late nighter watching Wishbone Ash.
Never went to any of those festivals I'm afraid, I bottled festivals after the Bickershaw mud bath.

42Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Wed Jun 11 2014, 20:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You have good taste SK. Emerson, Lake and Palmer bring back memories. Fanfare for the common man was a classic. Supertramp were another great group from the seventies. This was one of my favourites.

43Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Wed Jun 11 2014, 20:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Loved Wishbone Ash. They're on at the Cambridge rock festival in August. Anyone remember Little Feat?

44Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Thu Jun 12 2014, 01:16

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Soul Kitchen wrote:Saw Van Der Graf in 71 at Bees Knees/Copperfields with Supertramp as support act if I remember rightly.
My best night out music wise was Emerson , Lake and Palmer in December 71 on a Friday night at FTH in Manc followed by a BIT late nighter watching Wishbone Ash.
Never went to any of those festivals I'm afraid, I bottled festivals after the Bickershaw mud bath.

I too was at that ELP concert at the FTH. Have to say I thought it was brilliant at the time but can't listen to much of their stuff these days.
I think we've had this conversation before but Bickershawe was also enough to put me off festivals for life. My son and son in law keep going on about what a great wheeze it would be for the 3 of us to spend a weekend at Glastonbury but I'm afraid I can't be tempted even after having been given over 30 years to forget that dreadful weekend.

Oh, and the place on Spa Road was Hawthorne's, thanks for putting me out of my misery Breaders.

45Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Thu Jun 12 2014, 09:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reading the names of all these dives in Bolton - and I think I went to them all apart from "Chuffers" which I haven't heard of - plus the host of small venues around the town and gigs in Manchester and occasionally George's Hall and further afield reminds me of what an animal I was in those days and tells me I need to get out more!

BB: Never seen Little Feat live that I can remember but Dixie Chicken and their early albums especially Time Loves A Hero were part of the soundtrack of the 70s for me and some tracks still get a regular play on my IPod. 

One thing about being a Baby Boomer is that all genres of music were available and tastes were/are very eclectic and diverse. Everything was "mainstream" whereas today there's absolutely no chance of an artist in say the Miles Davis mold getting into the record collections of the majority of under 25s un the US and UK.

46Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Thu Jun 12 2014, 11:33

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I heard that Pink Floyd played at Rivington Barn one time. Was anyone around for that one?

47Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Thu Jun 12 2014, 12:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:I heard that Pink Floyd played at Rivington Barn one time. Was anyone around for that one?
I don't think they played the Barn. We used to have a bit of a festy on the level area where the house stood before the suffragettes burned it down - the bit where you can still find bits of mosaic tile in under the grass. I suspect they played there but I don't remember it although I'd heard the rumour.

48Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Thu Jun 12 2014, 12:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:I heard that Pink Floyd played at Rivington Barn one time. Was anyone around for that one?
They played there in 1967 mate.

49Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Thu Jun 12 2014, 13:04

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:

And Hendrix did the Odeon 66-67 on the same bill as Dusty.
HP we have had that conversation.
Was never really into Little Feat until one of my mates lent me some stuff of theirs.
There's a lot of stuff I couldn't listen too many years ago which now hits the spot after a few sherberts.
Anybody else the same?

50Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Thu Jun 12 2014, 14:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 M640309

51Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Thu Jun 12 2014, 14:42

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Soul Kitchen wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

And Hendrix did the Odeon 66-67 on the same bill as Dusty.
HP we have had that conversation.
Was never really into Little Feat until one of my mates lent me some stuff of theirs.
There's a lot of stuff I couldn't listen too many years ago which now hits the spot after a few sherberts.
Anybody else the same?
There's lots of great music that passed people by because it wasn't on the mainstream - stuff like the Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Jesse Winchester, Jerry Jeff Walker, Joe Ely, Jimmy Dale Gilmour, even recent stuff like Lyle Lovett and Patti Griffin etc.

52Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Thu Jun 12 2014, 15:30

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

53Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Thu Jun 12 2014, 15:41

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

54Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Fri Jun 13 2014, 00:51

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fascinating stuff SK. I was totally unaware of the fact that Hendrix had played at The Odeon.

55Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Fri Jun 13 2014, 01:08

Hip Priest wrote:Fascinating stuff SK. I was totally unaware of the fact that Hendrix had played at The Odeon.
Agreed.  :clap: 

Unbelievable......

56Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Fri Jun 13 2014, 09:09

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm sure something could have been made of that building instead of just flattening it. Apparently it was listed.

57Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Fri Jun 13 2014, 11:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:I'm sure something could have been made of that building instead of just flattening it. Apparently it was listed.
I loved the Odeon as a kid and preferred it to the Queens and the ABC. It was big, plush, posh and adults went for a drink in the bar during the intermission like a proper theatre. I think it was there that I was traumatised by Bambi, introduced to classical music by Fantasia and thrilled by James Bond. The decor was incredible and it should have been preserved.

58Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Fri Jun 13 2014, 12:15

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

http://www.bradfordtimeline.co.uk/mindex65f.htm
I agree entirely with what you say. Thought it was a magnificent building inside when I was a lad, and not forgetting the brilliant Odeon Club on Saturday mornings.
Some interesting stuff on the link above.

59Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Sat Jun 14 2014, 03:44

Rancid Robert

Rancid Robert
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I like to hang out in toilets in lonely places.

60Late neet haunts ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Late neet haunts ? Sat Jun 14 2014, 16:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rancid Robert wrote:I like to hang out in toilets in lonely places.

Whatever for? Do you support Fulham?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum