Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Congratulations Fleetwood Town

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Congratulations Fleetwood Town Empty Congratulations Fleetwood Town Sun Apr 15 2012, 00:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Good to see another Lancashire club in the league -

Fleetwood Town reach Football League for first time

Fleetwood manager Micky Mellon praised his players and chairman after they reached the Football League for the first time.

The Blue Square Bet Premier side became champions after closest rivals Wrexham could only draw 2-2 with Grimsby.

Mellon told BBC Radio Lancashire: "Any manager that's ever been successful will tell you that you have to have good players and I'm certainly blessed.

"Five or six years ago who would have thought we could do this?"

Fleetwood Town were established in 1997, although two previous incarnations of the club date back to 1908.

They were made to wait for their fifth promotion in eight years after they drew 2-2 against Lincoln City on Friday night.

It looked as if that wait would go on until Andi Thanoj's equaliser eight minutes from the end earned Grimsby their point at Wrexham .

Fleetwood chairman Andy Pilley said promotion to the Football League is the "culmination of many years' hard work" and thinks it will be a huge boost for the area.

"I'm not only delighted for the club but the town because it will create jobs," Pilley said.

"It was always my vision when I arrived to see this club in the Football League and now we've done it."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17716863

2Congratulations Fleetwood Town Empty Re: Congratulations Fleetwood Town Sun Apr 15 2012, 00:41

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Fair play to them they have done well, I have followed them from a far for the past few seasons from when they got promoted from BSNorth.

They have a good ground too and a bit of money to play with by all accounts.

3Congratulations Fleetwood Town Empty Re: Congratulations Fleetwood Town Sun Apr 15 2012, 01:31

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Still the hotbed of football by a long chalk.

They'll certainly make more noise than them at the north London Highbury ever did.

4Congratulations Fleetwood Town Empty Re: Congratulations Fleetwood Town Sun Apr 15 2012, 01:34

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Good luck to them, Southport next.

5Congratulations Fleetwood Town Empty Re: Congratulations Fleetwood Town Sun Apr 15 2012, 08:33

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Plus it is nice to see a home ground name of Highbury make a welcome return to the Football League!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum