Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poisonous Dougie Freeman

+3
wanderlust
karlypants
JAH
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Poisonous Dougie Freeman Empty Poisonous Dougie Freeman Sat Jul 12 2014, 21:02

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

There is a continuing pattern from players that leave bwfc and their comments about DF. Knight, Eagles and now Baptiste openly criticising how he was used by DF. I really don't know what more evidence we need that DF is more poisonous to our club than HWSNBN! The quicker we get shut if this fool the better! Here's Baptiste's interview:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Poisonous Dougie Freeman Empty Re: Poisonous Dougie Freeman Sat Jul 12 2014, 21:13

Could you post links to Knight and Eagles slating Freedman please?

3Poisonous Dougie Freeman Empty Re: Poisonous Dougie Freeman Sat Jul 12 2014, 21:14

....and having read the article Baptiste doesn't criticise him either.

4Poisonous Dougie Freeman Empty Re: Poisonous Dougie Freeman Sat Jul 12 2014, 21:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sordell said the whole homesick thing was a load of bollocks as well...

5Poisonous Dougie Freeman Empty Re: Poisonous Dougie Freeman Sat Jul 12 2014, 22:06

Jay Lynch said Dougie is the antichrist.

6Poisonous Dougie Freeman Empty Re: Poisonous Dougie Freeman Sun Jul 13 2014, 11:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What do expect from overpaid ponces who have been kicked off the wage bill? If Dougie put an end to my gravy train I'd be bitter too.

Knight, Eagles, Baptiste, Sordell, Ngog all gone - that is one helluva huge step forward in saving our club.

7Poisonous Dougie Freeman Empty Re: Poisonous Dougie Freeman Sun Jul 13 2014, 16:47

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Investing as much as we did in Baptiste only to play him out of position all season is as stupid as many things Coyle and Megson are continually lambasted for.

There's obviously friction between him and Freedman, although you can't necessarily just blame Dougie for that.

8Poisonous Dougie Freeman Empty Re: Poisonous Dougie Freeman Mon Jul 14 2014, 10:24

Baptiste has played as much at RB as he has in the center during his career and I'd be amazed if he wasn't told when he signed that that's where he was going to be - particularly given the number of center backs at the club when he signed. His versatility is his greatest asset (as it was for Sam Ricketts).

9Poisonous Dougie Freeman Empty Re: Poisonous Dougie Freeman Mon Jul 14 2014, 15:31

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sounds like sour grapes to me, Eagles played one good game in half a dozen, Knight's blunderers and lack of concentration cost us points time and again and Baptiste was obviously unhappy playing at full back. Its the Sordell one that concerns me most, the others I am not disappointed to see the back of but I don't think he got a fair crack of the whip under Coyle or Dougie and he still averaged 1 goal every two games,that's the kind of strike rate that could get a team promoted.

10Poisonous Dougie Freeman Empty Re: Poisonous Dougie Freeman Mon Jul 14 2014, 16:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I also have a funny feeling about the Sordell thing. The lad has talent and maybe someone like Dyche can bring it out. Maybe. 
Really would like to know what went on between Sordell and Dougie - thought Dougie would have given him every chance given the striker shortage.

11Poisonous Dougie Freeman Empty Re: Poisonous Dougie Freeman Mon Jul 14 2014, 19:04

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Baptiste has played as much at RB as he has in the center during his career

Not sure how true that is.

From my research when he signed, he was predominantly a centre half that had been known to fill in at full back occasionally. Either way he was no good there, at least according to a season ticket holder I know at Blackpool.

He's been average at best for us and cost an arm and a leg, yet I can't think of one game where he was given a chance in what's widely thought to be his best position.

12Poisonous Dougie Freeman Empty Re: Poisonous Dougie Freeman Mon Jul 14 2014, 19:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

From my research when he signed, he was predominantly a centre half that had been known to fill in at full back occasionally. Either way he was no good there, at least according to a season ticket holder I know at Blackpool.

He's been average at best for us and cost an arm and a leg, yet I can't think of one game where he was given a chance in what's widely thought to be his best position.

I can no longer take you seriously. Anyone who logs onto a football forum to post pics of their boring holiday needs a slap.

13Poisonous Dougie Freeman Empty Re: Poisonous Dougie Freeman Mon Jul 14 2014, 19:19

doffcocker wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Baptiste has played as much at RB as he has in the center during his career

You may be right, I'd always regarded him as a full back before he came to us but that may be my mistake. I'm pretty certain he played right back for Blackpool when they were in the Prem though and as I said I seriously doubt he came to the club under false pretences of being center half.

You're right though, there's no denying he was a poor signing overall but no manager gets every signing right and luckily we didn't pay a transfer fee. As it is I think getting rid and bringing in McNaughton is a shrewd piece of business and I think we'll be a stronger team for it.

14Poisonous Dougie Freeman Empty Re: Poisonous Dougie Freeman Mon Jul 14 2014, 19:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Baptiste was an awful signing. He might have been "free" but he was on massive wages. Another masterstroke by Douglas.

Amazing that anyone is stupid enough to take him off our hands, clearly scouting is a thing of the past.

15Poisonous Dougie Freeman Empty Re: Poisonous Dougie Freeman Mon Jul 14 2014, 21:43

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

I can no longer take you seriously. Anyone who logs onto a football forum to post pics of their boring holiday needs a slap.

I wasn't sold to the Turks for sex and I came back with my genitals intact. I suppose that is your idea of a boring holiday.

16Poisonous Dougie Freeman Empty Re: Poisonous Dougie Freeman Mon Jul 14 2014, 22:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

I wasn't sold to the Turks for sex and I came back with my genitals intact. I suppose that is your idea of a boring holiday.

We both know the only time your genitals get an airing is in the ladies underwear aisle in Asda.

17Poisonous Dougie Freeman Empty Re: Poisonous Dougie Freeman Mon Jul 14 2014, 23:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

We both know the only time your genitals get an airing is in the ladies underwear aisle in Asda.
 :rofl: welcome back Nat

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum