Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who Should Be Chairman Of The Happy Clappers?

+9
Norpig
Mr Magoo
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
scottjames30
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Who is the biggest happy clapper?

Who Should Be Chairman Of The Happy Clappers? - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Who Should Be Chairman Of The Happy Clappers? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 33% [ 7 ]
Who Should Be Chairman Of The Happy Clappers? - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%Who Should Be Chairman Of The Happy Clappers? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 43% [ 9 ]
Who Should Be Chairman Of The Happy Clappers? - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Who Should Be Chairman Of The Happy Clappers? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 24% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 21

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

if the majority of posters are feeling depressed and have nothing positive to say does that not tell you that the club is struggling both on the field and off?

This forum can only survive on peoples thoughts and views whether positive or negative and will mirror how the team are performing.

If people want to come on here and slag off the manager or the team that is their right as long as its in the realms of decency, i'd rather do it here than scream abuse for 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote: i'd rather do it here than scream abuse for 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon.

I do both.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:if the majority of posters are feeling depressed and have nothing positive to say does that not tell you that the club is struggling both on the field and off?

This forum can only survive on peoples thoughts and views whether positive or negative and will mirror how the team are performing.

If people want to come on here and slag off the manager or the team that is their right as long as its in the realms of decency, i'd rather do it here than scream abuse for 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon.
We all know the club is in big trouble. We knew that before Dougie was appointed. We all saw the headlines about our debt. And we have known for ages that the club would have to go through a period of transition with less money spent on players if we are going to survive.

I think the underlying issue is that some people don't get that or are in denial - so what is really pissing them off is the reality of our situation - but what they're whingeing about are the club and manager's efforts to put it right.

Survival as an average Championship club is far better than outright death - but some people can't even face up to that reality.

Some people can't face up to fucking reality.....?

Run that by the ones saying we'll be pushing for a play-off spot this season.....

If we'd got about 9 points more last season we'd have been in the 'pushing for a play off spot' category of teams. 

I don't think anybody who thinks we can get 9 points more this year is in danger of 'not facing up to reality'. Just as Norpig says everyones entitled to their opinion. You predict lower mid table Breadman, I predict higher mid table it's a minor difference yet your making out that anybody who thinks that belongs in a straight jacket.

We won't know anything until we've played a few matches.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Some people can't face up to fucking reality.....?

Run that by the ones saying we'll be pushing for a play-off spot this season.....

That'll be me! I still maintain that top six is not beyond us even before a ball has been kicked. This is the season where it's down to Dougie. he has got rid of most of the deadwood and overpaid underachievers so I'm prepared to give him the opportunity to show us what he is about.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was thinking automatic but thought I'd be more realistic with my prediction

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Being an optimist doesn't mean you are deluded, its the easiest thing in the world to be cynical and negative. Keeping the faith doesn't make you a "Happy Clapper" either. The season is round the corner its a time for positive vibes not gloom.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:

That'll be me! I still maintain that top six is not beyond us even before a ball has been kicked. This is the season where it's down to Dougie. he has got rid of most of the deadwood and overpaid underachievers so I'm prepared to give him the opportunity to show us what he is about.
I don't comment alot about the Whites, can't say I'm happy with my lot but I've paid my money and I'll be sat in my seat at most home and some away matches, old habits die hard and in them I'll find some pleasure!
RT's above comment reflects exactly my thoughts about Dougie, however I won't hold my breath!

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

So far I have voted that Bolton will be in one of the play-off spots at the end of the season with 75 points. This is not based on blind "happy-clapping" but based on a number of things.

1) While our strike force at present will not drive fear into opposing defenders (crap, that was negative Sad ), overall this team has more goal-scoring potential. Mavies, Hall, Feeney, Trotter, Danns and even Medo can score and/or create goals from midfield. On set-pieces, Wheats and Ream are both additional threats.

2) Much improved back line. We have a fit left-back who is "happy as Larry" to have a go at goal if the opportunity arises and various permutations possible for the CB pairing and right back from McNaughton, Riley, Threlkeld, Wheater, Bolger, Dervite, Mills and Ream

3) Possibly the best crop of young players we've had in some time. Iliev, Lester, Clough, Wilkinson, Vela, Bolger, White, Riley and new recruits Fitzsimons and Taylor all have the potential to come good and save us transfer fees in seasons to come.

I fully expect a few of these to feature this season and to not let us down. With a couple of new faces to help in attack, I don't see any reason why we should not be there or thereabouts - with renewed team spirit and the desire to do well. The style of play I've seen in the friendlies is more in keeping with football than hoofball we are going to surprise some teams this season.

Cheers.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm probably regarded as a negative old cynic on here but despite my constant moaning and whinging I am one of the nutters who thinks we have a great chance of being in the top 6 at the end of the season. I have said so repeatedly on here and have been rebuked for it by no less than Lusty himself for raising unrealistic expectations.

I think the biggest threat to that goal is our manager who is arrogant,stubborn,ridiculously over cautious and thinks he is a tactical genius.My opinion is that he's a shite,overrated manager and I don't see why I should shy away from expressing it on a BWFC message board whose main purpose is to be a platform on which BWFC fans share their opinions on BWFC matters.

Lastly and not least what really pisses me off and makes me so cynical these days is the abuse of the stewardship of our beloved club. Eddie and Fatboy somehow leading the club into the dire financial situation we are in yet hiding what is really going on behind a tissue of lies,stories and reassurances about it being a "soft debt and it really isn't a problem." Nobody but them 2 know what's really going on yet any idiot can see we haven't got a pot to piss in when we can't even afford to bring loan players in until we get somebody else off the payroll. Davies is more than happy with the job Gartside is doing but how can that be possible? I'm sick of it.

So basically,if I want a moan I'll have a moan without feeling too guilty about it.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Moan away, Hip Priest. The point to a forum is to be able to express yourself.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:I am one of the nutters who thinks we have a great chance of being in the top 6 at the end of the season. I have said so repeatedly on here and have been rebuked for it by no less than Lusty himself for raising unrealistic expectations
This makes me think I should concede now and let someone else be cheerleader and TBH you have better credentials than me, RT and 1874 put together HP.

The 3 "contestants" are all from the "innocent until proven guilty" school and whilst any one of us is likely to pull people up about making a daft negative statement based on nothing more than media tripe or amateur psychology (it's still amazes me how many folk "know what Dougie is thinking") I don't think any of us would suggest posters have no right to make the statement in the first place. It's just that when we point out that there's no evidence for what is being claimed, we are (erroneously) labelled HCs - usually in an attempt to undermine our right to express an opinion.

But as you point out HC ridiculously optimistic statements get the same short shrift so clearly none of us have the credentials to be top HC - otherwise we'd let it slide.

Unless, RT and 1874, one of you guys has suddenly found the urge to be wildly and unrealistically optimistic?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would prefer to describe my aspirations for the team as being slightly cautious! Happy to be cheerleader but equally happy to concede the role to a more deserving candidate.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3 easily pleased posters, right there.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're twisting my words again Bread.
I said "that" reality i.e. the reality that we're better off as a championship club than going out of existence (see context)
It seems plenty think we're in with a chance of pushing for a play off spot.
Personally I'm undecided. I think I'd be more confident if Dougie manages to get a decent striker in, but even then it depends on what the other teams have done to prepare. We'll soon know how we stack up.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Although really pissed off with the first game and no obvious advancement on any front, I'm still happy to sit on the fence, at least until the season gets up to about game 6 or 7. Having said that, nor do I have to exude ecstasy, when performances are so poor.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum