Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Was that match ment to be a joke FFS! - (VS Vitesse)

+16
Hipster_Nebula
okocha
Numpty 28723
Keegan
JAH
doffcocker
wessy
Norpig
Soul Kitchen
bryan458
karlypants
bwfc71
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
scottjames30
White84
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the trouble is that Trotter, Medo and Pratley are all bascially the same type of players - good energy but not very creative and even if we sign a striker or two who's going to create the chances for them?

A team with two holding midfielders and Pratley/Trotter is not going to do, thats for sure!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the skill and trickery of Feens11 will cause havoc this season.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:the skill and trickery of Feens11 will cause havoc this season.
Danns, Hall, Mavies and Pilkington if he comes could also cause a fair bit of chaos, but to play Dougie's system effectively they need to get further up the pitch and we still haven't got a deadly finisher. Don't think Beckford can be entrusted to take chances when we're on top so I'm guessing that he'll be relegated to the lone striker role when we're under the cosh - providing we get a proper finisher.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Vitesse match highlights:

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fucking shit!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I couldn't give a shite about a pre-season friendly, but what bothers me is it's clear it's going to be another season of two holding midfielders and one striker. I wouldn't bother so much if he'd play Ream in midfield as he can actually pass - but Freedman is fucking clueless.

Anyone who thinks we can't go down this season is either deluded, Wanderlust, or both.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Of course we can go down, anything can happen. 

We could win every game 20 nil too.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A crucial part of management is the ability to motivate so I hope the idea that this squad is not good enough for promotion is not transmitting itself to the players as loudly as it is to the fans.
 How dispiriting it would be for the squad to be made to feel that the best we can achieve is mid-table mediocrity and that the best way to go about it is to play defensively and with slow build-up. If this is truly the height of our ambition, limited funds or not, it is a pitiful way to get the squad fired up and raring to go, and will inevitably lead to achievement some way short of the aspirational target.

Bad enough to be reinforcing the notion that we are short of a striker or two, but we seem to be admitting that we can't play Dougie's preferred system either (whatever that is!).  Hardly likely to get us bouncing into the opposition full of confidence.

And this for me is DF's biggest failing: he builds up the opposition; he sits unmoved on the touchline, rarely roused to passion while his troops are expected to perform intricately like chessmen to his "master-plan" which rarely materialises on the pitch in any case; his substitutions are often negative and often baffling; if you play well one week, you are dropped the next; half-time team talks seem to have a negative effect; once again, pre-season games are wasted as a means of creating confidence and togetherness/understanding; players are not encouraged to express themselves and are shackled by tactics which don't suit them; too many players are played out-of-position.
 Marks for motivational ability 1/10

Do you see Lenny as inspirational to compensate? No, thought not......

(Sorry to be depressing before the season even starts but I was hoping that pre-season stuff would show some massive change in energy and policy. For me, the fact that DF rates passionless tortoise Trotter says it all.

It's all about probability.........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well that didn't work -epic fail on my part.......

It's a pie chart that I thought was quite funny if you're interested.....

I can never host an image on here, probably something I'm doing.....

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

diss one
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol! take your point.

How the hell have you done that, Carrs?

Have you hacked my computer?

Cheers anyway.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

okocha wrote:A crucial part of management is the ability to motivate so I hope the idea that this squad is not good enough for promotion is not transmitting itself to the players as loudly as it is to the fans.
 How dispiriting it would be for the squad to be made to feel that the best we can achieve is mid-table mediocrity and that the best way to go about it is to play defensively and with slow build-up. If this is truly the height of our ambition, limited funds or not, it is a pitiful way to get the squad fired up and raring to go, and will inevitably lead to achievement some way short of the aspirational target.

Bad enough to be reinforcing the notion that we are short of a striker or two, but we seem to be admitting that we can't play Dougie's preferred system either (whatever that is!).  Hardly likely to get us bouncing into the opposition full of confidence.

And this for me is DF's biggest failing: he builds up the opposition; he sits unmoved on the touchline, rarely roused to passion while his troops are expected to perform intricately like chessmen to his "master-plan" which rarely materialises on the pitch in any case; his substitutions are often negative and often baffling; if you play well one week, you are dropped the next; half-time team talks seem to have a negative effect; once again, pre-season games are wasted as a means of creating confidence and togetherness/understanding; players are not encouraged to express themselves and are shackled by tactics which don't suit them; too many players are played out-of-position.
 Marks for motivational ability 1/10

Do you see Lenny as inspirational to compensate? No, thought not......

(Sorry to be depressing before the season even starts but I was hoping that pre-season stuff would show some massive change in energy and policy. For me, the fact that DF rates passionless tortoise Trotter says it all.

Brilliant post. Love the bit about chess. I might use it here and there if it's all the same to you.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Feel free, Doff

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Best post I've read on here in ages Okocha! The evidence that DF is a poor manager is in front of us week in and week out in the players on the pitch yet amazingly there are still people that insist DF is doing a good job and mid table is a target we should be satisfied with. Ed needs to clear out the board, chairman, manager and first team coaches and start again while he still has a club.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

wessy wrote:It was a standard run of the mill friendly no more no less, .

Yes but... It was a friendly for the away side too but they still played well... They bossed it start to finish.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Anyone who thinks we can't go down this season is either deluded, Wanderlust, or both.
I am b) and c) and therefore a) which is the same as you as Freedman is committed to playing with 2 strikers this season. He just hasn't met one of them yet.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Freedman will play with 2 holding mids I striker = no goals Lonerghan was back to juggling the ball Sunday.We get beat playing that nonsensical formation Fuk him off twat!.I can't afford to wait around for ten years to see if we ever get back in the prem.Im 48 I could never see us in the premier again.

All this BOLLOX a club our size well Hull,Swansea a got there Southampton from leauge 1.
When we played 4-4-2 we tanked Blackburn n Leeds.

WHEN WE GOT PROMOTED IN 2001WE HAD NO HOLDING MIDFIELDERS ! BUT we had BO HANSEN ,HOLDSWORTH n RICKETTS attack you prick. ::bigmachinegun::  :dougie: 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum