Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Win bonuses

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Win bonuses Empty Win bonuses Mon Aug 11 2014, 19:17

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I presume Bolton players receive win bonuses.  Well I have just read the Derby players have decided to not receive their win bonuses until the end of the season and then they will only get these if the club win promotion.

The Bolton players should do this.  Saves the club money and gives them extra incentive to get promoted.  If they do get promoted the win bonus is a only a percentage of what they receive for going into the Premier League anyway.

Derby County's squad are shunning their individual win bonuses for each match in an ambitious gamble which could see them pocket £500,000 each if the club achieves promotion to the Premier League this season.

Steve McLaren's men are among the favourites for promotion from The Championship this season, after falling agonizingly short at the last hurdle last term, with Bobby Zamora's last minute strike in the Play-Off final condemning the Midlands team to another season outside of the top flight.

Instead of receiving their bonuses for each match they win, the players have ambitiously decided to put the money into a pot, which will be split between them should they achieve their goal. However, should the Rams fail in their promotion bid, the club's coffers will be boosted to the tune of £6,000,000, although that may be scant consolation for further promotion heartache.

The promotion pot received it's first deposit this past weekend following the Rams' 1-0 home win over Rotherham.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Win bonuses Empty Re: Win bonuses Mon Aug 11 2014, 19:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Win bonuses - our lot!

3Win bonuses Empty Re: Win bonuses Mon Aug 11 2014, 19:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it they pooled their win bonuses it wouldn't be enough to pay for a round of drinks at the end of season shindig

4Win bonuses Empty Re: Win bonuses Mon Aug 11 2014, 19:48

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Win bonus? What's that? I need a definition of both words and how they apply to Bolton Wanderers because I'm sure they don't apply to this club unless you're talking about the opposition's win bonus.

5Win bonuses Empty Re: Win bonuses Mon Aug 11 2014, 20:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Win bonus? What's that? I need a definition of both words and how they apply to Bolton Wanderers because I'm sure they don't apply to this club unless you're talking about the opposition's win bonus.

Well we've won 32 games in the last 2 seasons.

6Win bonuses Empty Re: Win bonuses Mon Aug 11 2014, 20:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Win bonus? What's that? I need a definition of both words and how they apply to Bolton Wanderers because I'm sure they don't apply to this club unless you're talking about the opposition's win bonus.

Well we've won 32 games in the last 2 seasons.
 someone who can be arsed should check that statistic, it sounds wrong to me!

7Win bonuses Empty Re: Win bonuses Mon Aug 11 2014, 20:42

Just checked it.

We only actually won five, so Hipster's making up stats again.

8Win bonuses Empty Re: Win bonuses Mon Aug 11 2014, 20:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

32 is the correct answer.

2012/13 - P46, W18, D14, L14
2013/14 - P46, W14,D17, L15.

9Win bonuses Empty Re: Win bonuses Mon Aug 11 2014, 20:48

See......five, like I said.

10Win bonuses Empty Re: Win bonuses Mon Aug 11 2014, 20:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Interesting how you feel about things though.

In 2012/13, we just missed out on the play-offs (really we shouldn't have) and it felt, to me anyway, a good season - I think if we had got rid of Coyle much, much sooner we would have gone up.

But in 2013/14, we had our worst start in the clubs history, we flirted with relegation and the whole season felt crap.

Yet we only lost ONE more game in 13/14 than 12/13!

Fine margins - (or is that someone else's catch phrase?)!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum