Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worst midfield ever

+3
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
White84
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Worst midfield ever Empty Worst midfield ever Tue Aug 19 2014, 23:54

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Jesus I'm sick of saying we had bad luck.Their penalty was bollox it bounced up of Wheaters foot ball to hand he was at the edge of the area.
However the ref had a stinker straight red for stopping a goal scoring oppurtunity on Cavies.
But our midfield CYL ,Spearing,Trotter, Feeney I was saying to my lads son I remember a midfield of Okocha,Djorkaeff,Frandsen,Nolan,Stelios how far we have dropped.3rd from bottom,only Blackpool n Fulham who didn't play tonight.

The only difference between Gartside n Eddie Davies n Dick Turpin is Dick Turpin wore a mask.

The fans have been robbed we are just cattle to the Eddie Davies empire.How can a hotel bought by Eddie Davies Moonshift or whatever Burnden Leisure suddenly be a debt owed by BWFC to ED.

This is Freedmans shift team his shit players ok he's flogging a dead horse.Shit is shit,and as the saying goes you can't polish a Turd.

Fucking appalling useless rant over.

2Worst midfield ever Empty Re: Worst midfield ever Wed Aug 20 2014, 00:15

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need mark davies back in there ASAP, along with ibe and a target man to play alongside mason (hopefully Murray) we will start to climb the table. Whether or not the gap to top 6 is too big by then remains to be seen.

3Worst midfield ever Empty Re: Worst midfield ever Wed Aug 20 2014, 00:19

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A fit Mark Davies would be great,Spearing was shocking,Feeney missed a sitter,generally CYL did nothing,Trotter done ok in 1st half but we have no creation only Mavies can save us and some good loans or this season is over already.

4Worst midfield ever Empty Re: Worst midfield ever Wed Aug 20 2014, 00:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Atleast now freedman will know how desperate we are to get some quality in. Can't see it getting better anytime soon with Brighton away, it's the sort of game that you fear us getting bummed on and off the field.

Then again this league is crazy, we will probably go there and win 3-0

5Worst midfield ever Empty Re: Worst midfield ever Wed Aug 20 2014, 09:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Davies has proven time and time again he isn't the answer - if he's not injured he's anonymous 9 times out of 10.

What this team needs more than anything is a midfielder who is comfortable on the ball and can pass 5 yards without giving it away.

After last night though I am more convinced than ever we are going down if Freedman remains in charge.

6Worst midfield ever Empty Re: Worst midfield ever Wed Aug 20 2014, 09:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another thread berating the lack of quality in the squad that concludes that the solution is to sack the manager. How will that improve the quality in the squad?

7Worst midfield ever Empty Re: Worst midfield ever Wed Aug 20 2014, 09:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well get another manager in who can spend 12 months shipping out this lot and bringing in his own players. Unless of course you think these players are performing well below expectations because dougie can't organise or motivate a team. Saying that though would suggest he's brought in some ok players. 

Probably some truth in there based on observations on here.

8Worst midfield ever Empty Re: Worst midfield ever Wed Aug 20 2014, 10:16

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well get another manager in who can spend 12 months shipping out this lot and bringing in his own players. Unless of course you think these players are performing well below expectations because dougie can't organise or motivate a team. Saying that though would suggest he's brought in some ok players. 

Probably some truth in there based on observations on here.
I think DF has brought in some decent players mate, he just doesn't know how to use them. To be fair when I heard the team sheet last night I was actually quite happy and we played some pretty good stuff during the game. What let us down was two things we've seen too much of on Dougie's watch. One was glaringly silly mistakes at crucial moments and two was a lack of a coherent structure, especially when the going was tough. We don't look like a team over 90 minutes, it's like we do it for a bit then fall apart. I just feel Dougie's done all he knows how to do with these player and he's out of ideas. We've seen this scenario repeated too often now and I'm more convinced than I was after the Watford game that if DF stays we're going down.

9Worst midfield ever Empty Re: Worst midfield ever Wed Aug 20 2014, 10:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I do think it's alarming we've not had a side thats mastered the very basics of football, defensive organisation, and pass and move.... since? Certainly didn't have it during the reign of Lee or Megson, definitely not under Coyle and it appears we dont now.

10Worst midfield ever Empty Re: Worst midfield ever Wed Aug 20 2014, 11:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Another thread berating the lack of quality in the squad that concludes that the solution is to sack the manager. How will that improve the quality in the squad?

It won't in the short term, but it might stop more poor players being brought in.

But bring in a new man and he might be able to get more effort and passion out of the current lot and in time bring in more quality.

11Worst midfield ever Empty Re: Worst midfield ever Wed Aug 20 2014, 12:06

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nowt new here....we have been piss poor in the middle for years. The inability for a player to put his foot on a ball, turn, and play a 5 yard forward pass. I have never been able to fathom that from a professional footballer.
As for last night Doog is blaming the ref...... but did the ref give Boro close to 70% possession and double the shots?

12Worst midfield ever Empty Re: Worst midfield ever Wed Aug 20 2014, 12:30

Personally I think Spearing needs dropping. He's in there for his set pieces alone at the moment IMO and I don't think he even does them particularly well, we need somebody who can hold onto 
the ball and he seems incapable. I've never been a fan to be honest.

13Worst midfield ever Empty Re: Worst midfield ever Wed Aug 20 2014, 12:39

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Personally I think Spearing needs dropping. He's in there for his set pieces alone at the moment IMO and I don't think he even does them particularly well, we need somebody who can hold onto 
It's not about individual players anymore mate; it's about a state of mind that all of them seem prey to and the lack of any kind of visible coherent plan. The blame for that lies in one place, the manager's office. He's had two years to try and get the best out of what he has on a week in week out basis and while I don't expect every player to play to the best of his ability every week (sometimes even Pele had a bad game) I do feel that too many of ours are subpar too often for it to be a coincidence. 

We should be doing better than we are with the squad we have but already we're seeing the exact same problems we started last season with and people are already talking about how things will "get better when the loan window opens" as if that's an acceptable way to plan for the future. What if we CAN'T get the right players on loan or what if they simply DON'T do as well as DF thinks they will? 

No, I'm sorry to say this but his time should have been up in May and for my money it really IS up now.

14Worst midfield ever Empty Re: Worst midfield ever Wed Aug 20 2014, 12:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Personally I think Spearing needs dropping. He's in there for his set pieces alone at the moment IMO and I don't think he even does them particularly well, we need somebody who can hold onto 

I agree he's pretty poor, especially considering his background and pricetag. However, other than Craig Davies, he's the only player who actually plays with a bit of aggression. And he's still ten times better than Trotter who I can't believe we have signed on a 3 year contract.

15Worst midfield ever Empty Re: Worst midfield ever Wed Aug 20 2014, 12:46

Sounded like Trotter was better than Spearing last night to me.

16Worst midfield ever Empty Re: Worst midfield ever Wed Aug 20 2014, 12:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Sounded like Trotter was better than Spearing last night to me.

He is the most pedestrian midfielder I have ever seen. I can't remember him touching the ball more than 5 times last night. And for a tall man he's absolute shite in the air.

Spearing was poor, but at least he was in the game.

17Worst midfield ever Empty Re: Worst midfield ever Wed Aug 20 2014, 12:55

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Sounded like Trotter was better than Spearing last night to me.
Which tbh is true but is like saying Double Pneumonia is better than a heart attack. 

Actually, being fair they both did some decent stuff last night but this ties into my post to you on the other thread. The midfield in particular didn't play like a unit for far too much of the game. I don't know why that should be so given how long they've been here but there were at least four occasions that I could see when what should have been a good ball into space wound up going there with no white shirted player near it because they hadn't seen it coming or read their team mate's intentions. 

Eventually the defence kind of "bypassed" them, reverting to lump it up the field but that just gave the ball straight to 'Boro and we were under pressure again. Picking an individual player for special blame would be unfair I think but overall we looked no better and in fact perhaps a little worse than we did this time last season. The blame for that HAS to lie with Dougie.

18Worst midfield ever Empty Re: Worst midfield ever Wed Aug 20 2014, 13:12

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Most of us wanted Spearing back last season...me included.  Have to give Doug a pass on this one....however when a player is so out of form he should be dropped. That's part of the managers job. I don't know what as happened to Spearing....just not the same player since he came aboard.  Don't think he would make Liverpool's roster anymore.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum