Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

League Cup 2nd Round: Crewe 2-3 Bolton

+20
Tigermin
Norpig
bwfc71
terenceanne
Barryjw
Vendor
finlaymcdanger
okocha
JAH
bryan458
luckyPeterpiper
NickFazer
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Copper Dragon
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
karlypants
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Professor implies that he has intelligence. His performance as a manage is proof he's as thick as they come!

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I'm predicting a scrappy and ugly match with us winning one nil. It will be a horrid performance which Dougie will hail as 'heroic' and claim that the win is proof we've 'turned the corner'. 

But in all honesty I would not be all THAT surprised if we managed to lose and then DF will blame 'bad luck, refereeing decisions, a single tiny mistake, an overflying pigeon that blocked Lonergan's view, a lightning strike on the scoreboard that made the display wonky, a conspiracy by the CIA and KGB(he hasn't caught up with events in Russia yet, he thinks Gorbachev is still in charge) and finally it will all be the fault of Jordan Ibe for not coming here on loan when he was supposed to.'

I think I got most of his pre-packaged excuses there. Let me know if I missed any.
Yes, you missed out: "We had enough chances to win the game........"

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Knowing our luck we'll probably win this game.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Every Whites player setting foot on that pitch tonight should be going out there with the intention of proving to the fans that they have the balls to go and crucify Crewe tonight. If they have any balls between them it should be a relentless battering of their goal from start to finish. No excuses. Time to start building both theirs and our confidence and proving to the fans that they're worthy of the shirt.

A 3 goal margin expected here. It's entertainment time and that means blood!

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

okocha wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:I'm predicting a scrappy and ugly match with us winning one nil. It will be a horrid performance which Dougie will hail as 'heroic' and claim that the win is proof we've 'turned the corner'. 

But in all honesty I would not be all THAT surprised if we managed to lose and then DF will blame 'bad luck, refereeing decisions, a single tiny mistake, an overflying pigeon that blocked Lonergan's view, a lightning strike on the scoreboard that made the display wonky, a conspiracy by the CIA and KGB(he hasn't caught up with events in Russia yet, he thinks Gorbachev is still in charge) and finally it will all be the fault of Jordan Ibe for not coming here on loan when he was supposed to.'

I think I got most of his pre-packaged excuses there. Let me know if I missed any.
Yes, you missed out: "We had enough chances to win the game........"
Oh yes! You're right I forgot that one!  :facepalm:

And of course there'll be the old standby "On another day it could have gone very differently but for (insert name of player) getting injured when he was having such a huge influence on the game" 

"On another day it would have been a different result if the linesman had spotted that (Crewe Player) was playing us onside and the goal should have stood" (This one is unlikely as it involves us actually putting the ball in the net which of course would be very unlikely to happen to begin with)

"On another day we might have had the win but for the fact the ref gave a number of 'home team' decisions"

"We would have won if we'd been a bit better at keeping the ball although I was quite encouraged by the fact we had nine percent of the possession."

Any more? Or am I  :flog:

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

finlaymcdanger wrote:Every Whites player setting foot on that pitch tonight should be going out there with the intention of proving to the fans that they have the balls to go and crucify Crewe tonight. If they have any balls between them it should be a relentless battering of their goal from start to finish. No excuses. Time to start building both theirs and our confidence and proving to the fans that they're worthy of the shirt.

A 3 goal margin expected here. It's entertainment time and that means blood!
finlay there's more chance of me being the next man on the moon than there is of us winning by 3 goals tonight or frankly any time while the clueless wonder is using his "modern system" I'm afraid. 

I agree it should happen. I just know it won't.  Mad

Now watch us go out and win six  nil with a hat trick from Lonergan.  Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Finlay makes a good post, but this is Freedman, it'll be safety first in the hope of a 1-0 win.

We'll lose.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Listen, if we set up in the same manner we did against Bury, we will get outplayed .

Do your job Freedman , get them up for the game.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Anyone else have this feeling of utter dread whenever we have a game, be it cup or league matches?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:Anyone else have this feeling of utter dread whenever we have a game, be it cup or league matches?

Its because Freedman will never change.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

JAH wrote:Anyone else have this feeling of utter dread whenever we have a game, be it cup or league matches?

It's a disgrace that we have to feel this way about the towns biggest sporting event every week. The people running that club have a responsibility to the town and they're failing to understand the impact it has on the people of Bolton.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back Bolton to win tonight is generally double your money - I know its a risk but we aren't that bad....Are we?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton: Lonergan, Ream, Mills, Dervite, Threlkeld, Lester, Pratley, Trotter, Feeney, Wilkinson, Beckford 
Subs: Fitzsimons, Medo, Wheater, Mason, Lee, Hughes, Danns 

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Disgusted we've signed Lee Hughes.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good to see Lester, Threlkeld and Wilko get a game although I suspect it's because he's resting Spearing, Mason and McNaughton for Leeds rather than genuinely experimenting.

Vendor

Vendor
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Twatley and Plodder in centre midfield. Now theres an engine room to envy....

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hughes selected, thought he'd retired to coach. May as well bring Dougie out of retirement for the game! A bit of experience for one of the youth may have been a better idea? It could be a long night!

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

1-0 Crewe already .... can sign off now if you want.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

At least at half time Bolton are doing better than Man U!!!!    Crewe 1 - 1 Bolton; MK Dons 1 - 0 Man U!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I still think going for 352 with Mills Wheater and Ream at the back plus two wingbacks - especially with the pace of White and Kellett - would be playing to our strengths.
I don't think I'll ever see this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum