Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ah the International Break!

+2
Natasha Whittam
JAH
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ah the International Break! Empty Ah the International Break! Fri Aug 29 2014, 14:10

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

While most of us have been getting frustrated that the club don't appear to be acting to get rid of the clown in charge of the 1st team, it actually occurred to me that maybe this has been Gartside and Eddie's plan anyway to wait for the first international break!

A number of clubs in the past have used the two week break in the season as a time to change the manager as it gives the new that time with his squad to put some plans in place for the next match. Could this be why the club haven't sacked His Uselessness already? If ever there was an opportunity to sack the manager after the season has started surely this would be it wouldn't?

I'm not of the opinion that if the club were going to sack him they would do it in the transfer window because we have no money anyway, so the new man would have to make the best out of what we have got without being able to bring in any of his own players. From this perspective it shouldn't matter when the transfer window is open or closed the club can still sack DF. Lets just hope that is already in hand and no matter what result we get at Leeds tomorrow this period of obscurity under him will finally be put to an end!

2Ah the International Break! Empty Re: Ah the International Break! Fri Aug 29 2014, 14:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You could be right, but even if there wasn't an international break I still think defeat at Leeds will be the end of Douglas.

3Ah the International Break! Empty Re: Ah the International Break! Fri Aug 29 2014, 14:26

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's possible but I think if it really was planned that way then we'd be talking to a potential successor(s) and something would have leaked. Personally I don't see it happening anytime soon. I have nothing concrete to base that on, it's just my opinion that DF will NOT be sacked so long as relegation is mathematically avoidable and if he has a late "surge" like he did last season we'll see him being offered a new deal. I don't like it much but I do think that's where we're headed.

4Ah the International Break! Empty Re: Ah the International Break! Fri Aug 29 2014, 14:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:You could be right, but even if there wasn't an international break I still think defeat at Leeds will be the end of Douglas.

Said after every defeat last season too.  Rolling Eyes

5Ah the International Break! Empty Re: Ah the International Break! Fri Aug 29 2014, 14:28

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As much as we all want him gone, we simply cannot afford to get shut of him and his goons.

6Ah the International Break! Empty Re: Ah the International Break! Fri Aug 29 2014, 14:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Said after every defeat last season too.  Rolling Eyes

Link me to each one please, I think you're telling porkies.

Be honest Hipster, would you be surprised if Dougie got the push if we lose tomorrow?

7Ah the International Break! Empty Re: Ah the International Break! Fri Aug 29 2014, 14:41

Speaking of "international breaks", which way are you leaning on the Scottish Independence vote, Hipster?

(See what I did here?)

If you lot get your independence, will you still follow Bolton or has Salmond mandated that all Scots would have to abandon any prior affiliations with English teams and all immediately buy season tickets for Alloa or Queen of The South?

We need to know.....

8Ah the International Break! Empty Re: Ah the International Break! Fri Aug 29 2014, 14:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster is from Coventry.

9Ah the International Break! Empty Re: Ah the International Break! Fri Aug 29 2014, 14:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Speaking of "international breaks", which way are you leaning on the Scottish Independence vote, Hipster?

(See what I did here?)

If you lot get your independence, will you still follow Bolton or has Salmond mandated that all Scots would have to abandon any prior affiliations with English teams and all immediately buy season tickets for Alloa or Queen of The South?

We need to know.....

I'm voting Yes.

10Ah the International Break! Empty Re: Ah the International Break! Fri Aug 29 2014, 14:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will voting 'yes' affect my porridge?

11Ah the International Break! Empty Re: Ah the International Break! Fri Aug 29 2014, 15:26

boltonbonce wrote:Will voting 'yes' affect my porridge?

If the options on your ballot sheet are:

1. I want porridge for my breakfast.

and

2. I do not want porridge for my breakfast.

Then, yes, it may well have an effect.

12Ah the International Break! Empty Re: Ah the International Break! Fri Aug 29 2014, 15:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I fear a shortage after a 'yes' vote. 
I may start hoarding.
It's dog eat dog in the porridge world.

13Ah the International Break! Empty Re: Ah the International Break! Fri Aug 29 2014, 16:15

Is there not a massive porridge mountain somewhere in Belgium?

I heard there was.

Or was that chickpeas?

I always get those two mixed up.....

14Ah the International Break! Empty Re: Ah the International Break! Fri Aug 29 2014, 16:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going with crunchy nut cornflakes for the rest of the year.
A change is as good as a rest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum