Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton most likely to win against Leeds!

+2
Boggersbelief
Bolton Nuts
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Guess what? Bolton have an almost 50% chance of winning this weekend when they travel to Leeds for what is set to be a massive game for both clubs.

Forget new players, manager decisions, tactics and latest injuries. I am focusing on nothing but the stats with everything from goals scored and conceded, home and away, wins loses and draws all chucked in a calculator and churned out the other side to give us chance to know the result before a ball is even kicked.

Let's get started!

Bolton and Leeds are almost inseparable, on paper, both having won 40%, drawn 20% and lost 40% of their last 20 games (based on Leeds home and Bolton away games). Leeds have lost their last two home games in a row whilst Bolton have lost their last two away games - no wonder the bookies have this clash pegged as a draw.

Leeds United have kept a clean sheet in only 6 out of their last 20 home games. Based on this you might say there is is a 70% chance that Bolton will score. To corroborate that estimation it is noteworthy that Bolton have scored in 75% of their last 20 away games. But, unfortunately, the exact opposite is true of Leeds who score in 75% of all home games whilst Bolton conceded goals in 14 of their last 20 matches away from home. So the chances are that both teams will score at some point!

To find any difference in the two sides you have to look at current form based on their last 20 games overall (rather than home and away) - this is where a more interesting, and maybe surprising, story lies. Despite Bolton's horrendous start to the season the Wanderers have still only conceded 21 goals in 20 games compared to Leeds' 36 goals against during the same period. Bolton have also won 8, drawn 7 and lost 5, while Leeds slumped to 12 defeats in that time, picking up only 5 victories and 3 draws. Bolton are also miles ahead on goals for, scoring 29 times in total compared to a measly 18 goals for Leeds.

To sum up, if recent history is anything to go by, then it is Bolton who could be most likely to rediscover some sort of form this weekend as they hope to end the rot once and for all. When all the sums are done we discover that in fact a Bolton win (at 44% likely) is the most likely outcome. However a Leeds win (30% likely) is in second place which means that a draw could be the safest bet this time around (although a draw is statistically most unlikely at only 26%).

If this were possible, I would guess that Bolton would win this game by 1.5 goals to 1.

(By Biggie - Bolton Nuts)

The article is stats based, but how big of a part can historical stats really play in predicting the outcome of a match?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not saying Biggie's lying for one minute, just pointing out that statistics are ripe for abuse and should be taken with a big pinch of salt.

And as a result, mean fuck all in the real world.

We will lose tomorrow.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread man wrote:We will lose tomorrow.

No we won't

Yes we will.

I hope you've got deep pockets, mate, because if you keep this up all season, it's gonna cost you a fortune.

But at least it's going to a good cause.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boggie, there's hope, there's optimism and then there's sheer flaming lunacy!  :cop: :rofl: :tongue2: :whistle: :good: :biggrin: :facepalm: :flog: :nuts:

I'll give you one guess on which of those three options I think you are if you believe we're so much as getting ONE point later today let alone all three!  ::bwfcfan:: ::bwfc:: ::bigmachinegun:: :shootinggun: ::sulk:: :footy: :flog: :yeahright: :party: :nono:

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabulous.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Bread man wrote:We will lose tomorrow.

No we won't

We lost. :drink:

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hallucogenic love Drugs,Boggers as the Original Dance Tune Everything starts with an E circa 1989, now ends with everything ends with A D circa 2014.Dougie Freedman that is!

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Should have won. I was almost right...

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I got 4 numbers and a bonus ball once two more and I would have been rich alas I work my fingers to the bone I almost won

Biggie I see the future and it's Leauge 1 shaped ? !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum