Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers’ cash restrictions exposed: Club-by-club guide to rivals' summer spending

+7
Soul Kitchen
ROGUEMANNY
finlaymcdanger
White84
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
And as also mentioned, if this is really the case, what manager would want the job of Head Puppet if Freedman was sacked?
Bottom line? These players have to do the business.

If the Bolton job became available there would be a queue of people wanting the job.

You seem to think football people are different to other people when looking for a job. Most people go off salary and very little else.
A queue of wasters will be waiting like the Scotch twat we've got now!
There surely wouldn't be much if any quality in that queue.

BTW do you write "Scotch" (which is the name of a drink as opposed to "Scottish" which describes people from Scotland) just to wind Hipster up?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He can take it how he wants. Whisky is shite in my book and.........

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
And as also mentioned, if this is really the case, what manager would want the job of Head Puppet if Freedman was sacked?
Bottom line? These players have to do the business.

If the Bolton job became available there would be a queue of people wanting the job.

You seem to think football people are different to other people when looking for a job. Most people go off salary and very little else.
A queue of wasters will be waiting like the Scotch twat we've got now!
There surely wouldn't be much if any quality in that queue.

BTW do you write "Scotch" (which is the name of a drink as opposed to "Scottish" which describes people from Scotland) just to wind Hipster up?

It doesn't wind me up, honestly I just feel sorry for him.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And I feel sorry for the jocks that won't get a vote cos they're where as a pole can vote then fuck off home in three weeks time! 
How numb is that? Salmon is as big a dick as a politician as any of them, in fact I find him rather dictatorial. I don't give a fuck which way you go but I'll piss my sides if that fat cnut leads you up the river without a paddle, which seems likely, from where I'm sat!!!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're confusing Salmond with Scottish Independence. Yes he believes in that cause but a Yes vote isn't about him or any other politician it's about being able to run our own country and vote for who we want to represent us in EDINBURGH.

If it goes tits up so be it, at least we had the self determination and ambition to want to change things with our OWN money, instead of being patronised and lied too by Westminster not to mention short changed. 

Don't really understand the anger and bile from people who are not even resident in Scotland. It's not an anti-english vote either, I love a lot of places and people in England, be sad in some senses for me if it's yes but it goes much much deeper than that, and thats what the knuckle dragging abusive nonsense fails to grasp I fear. 

(and yes there's plenty of that on BOTH sides of the debate)

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You are right, it isn't about him, it's about his massive ego!! 
It matches his fat head.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With nuanced points like that I think maybe it's time we end this "discussion"

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Why? Because I've made a point that he in truth is a bullying bigot? 
OK you win!  Let's hope down the line you don't lose? 
Furthermore by my rough calls 91% of the Red debt is Scotland 's,  fatty has not mentioned that if I remember correctly? 
No wonder he wants to use our currency!! 
Anyway what about my earlier voting qualifications point, am I basically correct on this one or have you chose to avoid it? 
I' D be really pissed off if this was the case and as appears if I was a jock. I got told by one of your fellow country man that if they choose to live elsewhere than that's their tough shit, no vote. Very democratic of Mr Salmon and his sheep eh?

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I hope they do go it alone. At least we can get rid of the Scottish MPs that vote on things that affect us here in England. How many English MPs are we allowed in Holyrood? Answer none, so why are they allowed to affect things here? Plus the BBC will have to stop this stupid impartiality with this independence vote and the weather forecasts can be a little shorter too! Sorry that Carol Kirkwood will have to be deported tho, nice rack!

I bet Salmoned hasn't factored in where he'll get his weather from now? ;-)

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Salmond seems to have factored in very little. He's bought enough bells to hang round the neck of the sheep though!!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scotland - both rich and poor?

In terms of the UK regions it (Scotland) ranks third in terms of income per head after London and the south-east. Edinburgh is the heart of the biggest concentration of financial services firms outside London, and Aberdeen is the home of the oil industry. Scotland has a thriving biomedical sector, and a big defence, marine and aerospace presence. The food and drink industry has some strong global brands which have been helped by the attention on Scotland generated by the referendum. Much poorer countries than Scotland have gone it alone.
The austerity debate also cuts both ways. Public spending is higher in Scotland than in the UK as a whole, and the population is ageing more quickly. Britain's leading experts on tax and spending matters, the Institute for Fiscal Studies, have made a bleak assessment of what lies ahead after independence: "Despite the considerable uncertainty surrounding the future path of borrowing and debt in Scotland, the main conclusion of our analysis is that a significant further fiscal tightening would be required in Scotland, on top of that announced by the UK government, in order to put Scotland's long-term public finances on to a sustainable footing." Gordon Brown, the former prime minister, has been making this point more starkly. Pensions, he has said, will be at risk.

Will an independent Scotland commandeer UK oil and gas tax revenues from operations in Scottish waters? If so it will be a massive hit for Westminster and the English etc. will suffer as £billions are pumped into the new Scotland.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

True WL, but Westminster will just place a levy on the Scottish currency so we don't lose out on the revenues. If they want to take the oil they need to have a currency to sell it for. We're not in such a weak state even though it could be very disconcerting for us English.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:True WL, but Westminster will just place a levy on the Scottish currency so we don't lose out on the revenues. If they want to take the oil they need to have a currency to sell it for. We're not in such a weak state even though it could be very disconcerting for us English.
Westminster won't/can't - they have no right whatsoever to do that. The pound is Scotland's currency as much as Englands. Why shouldn't Scotland keep the pound and levy the English currency?

Just to get back on topic briefly....

We can look at our spend and think OK that's austerity. That's what we need to do.

However if you look at it the other way round, all but 6* of the other clubs in the Championship spent less than they received - so we're not even that good at saving. 

We received £575k more than we spent.
Compare that to Norwich who were branded "big spenders" bringing in the likes of Grabban. Norwich received £4.7 million more than they spent i.e.they saved 8 TIMES MORE THAN WE DID!

* could be 5 depending on the outcome of Blackpool's tribunal

34Bolton Wanderers’ cash restrictions exposed: Club-by-club guide to rivals' summer spending - Page 2 Empty Championship Austerity Table Wed Sep 10 2014, 10:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking at the transfer club-by-club guide to transfer expenditure we took a tiny crumb of consolation in the fact that we didn't buy any big name players because we're saving money.
So how much money have we put back into the fighting fund compared to other clubs?
If we put aside salaries and inaccuracy in estimates of "undisclosed" fees etc and just look at the amounts paid and income received from sales in the summer window the table suggests we haven't done that well on the austerity front compared to other teams.

The biggest savers are obviously.....Cardiff, who received a massive £10 million more than they spent despite recruiting well. You tight-fisted git Ole Gunnar!

Here is the "austerity league table" starting with the biggest savers and ending with the most profligate spenders....

Cardiff £10 million "SAVED"
Leeds £7.2 million
=Brighton £6 million
=Reading £6 million
Charlton £5.4 million
Norwich £4.7 million
Ipswich £3.5 million
Birmingham £850k
Sheff W £820k
=Watford 575k
=BOLTON 575k
Bournemouth 500k
Wolves 300k
Rotherham 250k
Rovers 0
Fulham 0

NONE of the above teams spent more on players than they received.
At this level, the difference in the value of income from sales is phenomenal and it makes you think how different it could have been if our ex-prem players had retained a resale value instead of being an ongoing drain on expenditure.

Only a handful of teams actually spent more than they received - and even these teams haven't spent that much in the scheme of things.

Millwall (250k)
=Forest (500k)
=Blackpool (500k but may be less depending on tribunal)
Brentford (£1 million)
Boro (£1.2 million)
Derby (£2.5 million)
Wigan (£3 million)

FFP is definitely kicking in, but I think that considering that despite this austerity throughout the Championship, there were still some big name players being traded.
Could we have done more?

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

WL, I haven't got the time or inclination to debate this with you properly at the mo, but the clue is in the currency. the GREAT BRITISH POUND (no one said English at all), sometimes abbreviated to GBP.

If Scotland leaves Great Britain then absolutely yes, if they want to use the currency of Great Britain they will have to pay for the privilege. Why should the UK Treasury provide a free service for Scotland, if Scotland take control of the North Sea gas and oil reserves? Yes, there will be an opportunity to trade use of currency for oil, gas and other tradables. There is no way that Westminster would let the minority of Scotland put the majority of the Uk at a disadvantage.

I personally hope they do go for independence, but I know for one that the financial institutions that are currently hq'd in Scotland will be moving back across to the UK and as a result put many out of work; a strain on Scotland's fledgling welfare state that already cannot support the aging population.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:WL, I haven't got the time or inclination to debate this with you properly at the mo, but the clue is in the currency. the GREAT BRITISH POUND (no one said English at all), sometimes abbreviated to GBP.

If Scotland leaves Great Britain then absolutely yes, if they want to use the currency of Great Britain they will have to pay for the privilege. Why should the UK Treasury provide a free service for Scotland, if Scotland take control of the North Sea gas and oil reserves? Yes, there will be an opportunity to trade use of currency for oil, gas and other tradables. There is no way that Westminster would let the minority of Scotland put the majority of the Uk at a disadvantage.

I personally hope they do go for independence, but I know for one that the financial institutions that are currently hq'd in Scotland will be moving back across to the UK and as a result put many out of work; a strain on Scotland's fledgling welfare state that already cannot support the aging population.
Scotland won't "leave" GB.
Scotland may decide to disband or dismantle GB, but it won't be "leaving". 
GB is a political union and legal entity that will cease to exist if Scotland or any of it's other members decides to discontinue. 

As there will no longer be such a thing as "Great Britain" - or the "United Kingdom" for that matter - GBP will no longer exist either.

Of course, in leaving, Scotland could agree to let the rest keep the name and/or the currency - but that will be up to Scotland to decide.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum