Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dean Moxey - Relish cup tie against Chelsea

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dean Moxey says Bolton Wanderers can approach Wednesday night’s Capital One Cup tie at Chelsea without any significant pressure.

Jose Mourinho’s side currently top the Premier League and are unbeaten since the start of the new campaign.

And whilst acknowledging the size of the task facing the Trotters at Stamford Bridge, Moxey says it is a game that everyone at the club can relish.

“It’ll be a tough game against Chelsea, regardless of the side they put out,” he told bwfc.co.uk.

“We go into the game without any real pressure on us, because they’re obviously the favourites, but we’ll be looking to give it a real good go.

“They’ve obviously got one of the biggest names in management in the world and they have one of the best squads in the world.

“We know it is going to be tough, but we’ll be going into the game giving it our best shot to try and win the game.

“We’ve got a good group of players and a really good dressing room. It’s a cup match and we don’t really have anything to lose – we’ll give it a really good go right from the off.

“Things maybe haven’t been going our way in the last month or so, so this could be an opportunity to play and approach a game in a different manner.”

Source

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Has the entire squad been given a crash course in PR101 with heavy lacings of Freedmanish or did Dougie just hand out the spliffs because if Dean or Tim believe one word of what they supposedly said they were smoking something illegal.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What kind of soundbites do you want to hear LPP?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:What kind of soundbites do you want to hear LPP?

"We're gonna twat the overpaid ponces"

"We're gonna break some Chelsea legs"

"We are so up for this"

"Come on you whites!"

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:What kind of soundbites do you want to hear LPP?
How about none? How about they get off their butts and start playing football like professionals and leave the soundbites to the manager and captain? 

Maybe if they were playing decent football they'd sound less like idiots whittering on in a drug induced haze but they're not and so they should keep their gobs shut and get on with improving on the field before they speak if they plan to be listened to seriously.

Who do you think arranges these press conferences LPP? Do you reckon Moxey called the local press and announced he had something important to say? They're asked a question and they answer it, every footballer answers in the same cliche, standard way to the same boring questions they're asked every week.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

But 1874, even though you're right about how the game of media is now played surely you can see what I'm driving at? If I were in charge of club PR at this moment I would be keeping the players out of that line of fire. They look and sound really, really silly saying stuff like this when they're doing so woefully on the field.

Go with the KISS principle, quotes from Freedman and Spearing ONLY. I expect the positive can-do stuff from the manager and skipper, everyone does. But when the players, particularly ones on rubbish form are being wheeled out to spout that same garbage makes them look silly and the club look stupid. 

Whenever Man Utd were doing less than SAF felt they should be he basically yanked the players out of the media spotlight for stuff like this, especially the junior players. He did the PR guff himself with help from the coaching staff and the Utd skipper of the day. 

I'm not saying that doing that would change our on field fortunes, merely that I feel it would be a more sensible and professional approach as things stand.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum