Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Only winning will turn the tide of negativity at Bolton Wanderers, says Dorian Dervite

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dorian Dervite believes he can feed off the frustration in what will surely be a powder keg atmosphere at the Macron Stadium tomorrow.

Wanderers host Bournemouth with the game itself almost reduced to second billing compared to the on-going terrace battles between the fans, manager Dougie Freedman and chairman Phil Gartside.

Fury was vented in no uncertain terms last Saturday as the Whites were beaten comfortably by Derby County but the French defender concedes the midweek pasting at Fulham has turned the pressure up even further.

The former Charlton man, one of the few to come out of the 4-0 defeat at Craven Cottage with reputation intact, insists the team can rise to the occasion. “I haven’t really heard anything like last weekend before,” he told The Bolton News.

“But it motivates me because I understand it. I play to make people happy and it’s not happening at the moment.

“Everyone is feeling low but we have to stay together and take care of our team-mates because sometimes on the pitch that doesn’t happen.

“We have to play for the club, for the badge, and we have to give more than we have.

“This is a bad situation at the moment but on Saturday we have to get three points, there is no other solution.”

Dervite does not blame the fans for lashing out at the management of the club, with more protests expected before, during and after tomorrow’s match.

“We have to try to change it with our performance,” he said. “We understand the anger of the fans because the situation at the club is not good at all.

“I am a football fan myself and if my team is not playing well then I would be angry.

“We have to pick ourselves up and hopefully things will turn in our favour next time.

“Saturday becomes a massive game now. We have to put Fulham behind us.”

Whatever the result tomorrow, the uncertainty surrounding Freedman’s job will continue through to the Birmingham City game in a fortnight.

Dervite hopes his team-mates can ignore the headlines and concentrate on the short-term target of three points.

“There is always talk in the newspaper but we have to deal with it during the game and focus on our play,” he said.

“We have to stick together. Whoever gets picked for the game against Bournemouth needs to give everything to make sure we end up with a win before the international break.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum