Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Norwich 2-1 Bolton.

+19
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Bolton Nuts
MartinBWFC
Hipster_Nebula
B.D.P
Chairmanda
rammywhite
Numpty 28723
boltonbonce
Bwfc1958
gloswhite
Keegan
Norpig
Boggersbelief
karlypants
wanderlust
terenceanne
scottjames30
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81Norwich 2-1 Bolton. - Page 5 Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Sat Nov 01 2014, 19:33

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Times right on the  I pad?

82Norwich 2-1 Bolton. - Page 5 Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Sat Nov 01 2014, 19:45

How about truce now that you're back?

I'll apologise for calling you a racist thug that time when you were banging on about "pakkies" on here if that'll make you feel better.

You've obviously got a thing about me because you actually interrupted your holiday to have a pop at me and you're at it again with your first post now that you're back, but I'm prepared to let it go if you are.

We'll never be mates, but for the sake of everybody else on here, who are all probably bored to death by all this, how about we bury the hatchet and move on?

83Norwich 2-1 Bolton. - Page 5 Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Sat Nov 01 2014, 19:51

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm ok with that if you are.
I hold no animosity to you,we are all Bolton Wanderers fans,so I promise I'll from this moment not insult you ever again if you agree the same.
Fair play.

84Norwich 2-1 Bolton. - Page 5 Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Sat Nov 01 2014, 19:54

Can't ask for more than that.

Go to your profile, select "preferences" and it'll let you change your time zone back to the UK.

It was a technical glitch last week and we all had it.

85Norwich 2-1 Bolton. - Page 5 Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Sat Nov 01 2014, 19:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

cheers

86Norwich 2-1 Bolton. - Page 5 Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Sat Nov 01 2014, 20:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Better not mention that 84 is chairman of the Bruce Forsyth Appreciation Society.
Don't want Bread getting upset again.

87Norwich 2-1 Bolton. - Page 5 Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Sat Nov 01 2014, 20:10

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Thanks for the advice BM hopefully the correct time will now appear:D

88Norwich 2-1 Bolton. - Page 5 Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Sat Nov 01 2014, 20:19

boltonbonce wrote:Better not mention that 84 is chairman of the Bruce Forsyth Appreciation Society.
Don't want Bread getting upset again.

Do you wanna go on my list.........?

I come over all Henry Kissinger and you go and try and spoil it........ Evil or Very Mad

(And everybody already knows who the real Chairman of that lot is, don't they.....? Very Happy )

89Norwich 2-1 Bolton. - Page 5 Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Sat Nov 01 2014, 20:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair enough.
I'm so ashamed.
I can do you a half price membership deal.(+ free carpet tile).

90Norwich 2-1 Bolton. - Page 5 Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Sat Nov 01 2014, 20:27

You're on. Very Happy

91Norwich 2-1 Bolton. - Page 5 Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Sat Nov 01 2014, 20:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You won't regret it.

92Norwich 2-1 Bolton. - Page 5 Empty Re: Norwich 2-1 Bolton. Sun Nov 02 2014, 12:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Being a "local" are you saying it's not "Narridge" and should be "Naaaarch"....?

I'll bow to your local knowledge, but can you confirm how many "A's" should be employed, as you've varied between 4, 5 and 6 in your last post.

Is it quite a fluid rule, ie dependent on the context and desired inference or did you simply lose count?  Very Happy

It's open to interpretation, but the broader the local accent, the less consonants they seem to use in Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarch.
In some words they seem to accentuate things we wouldn't e.g. we'd pronounce "afterwards" aftawuds or similar whereas they accentuate the waaaaaaaaards bit - almost as if it was 2 separate words.
Stick as many vowels in as you wish Bread. I've been here 12 years and I still don't understand half of it. Where else, with the possible exception of the South West would you get directions like "you go as far as you go. Then you turn left."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum