Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BDP v Whittam.

+5
bwfc71
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
B.D.P
scottjames30
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21BDP v Whittam. - Page 2 Empty Re: BDP v Whittam. Wed Nov 05 2014, 22:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fwiw all the people behind the scenes (and I'm including the likes of NickFazer and CEF who run some of our competitions) all do it for free and in their own time, do so simply to make this place as enjoyable as we can get it for everybodys benefit and entertainment.

Some of us even put our hands into our pockets to pay for the running of the site and to fund the prizes for the comps.

Some of us take on the chin the occassional abuse and try the best we can, when the need arises, to arbitrate and keep the peace when there have been 'rucks' between posters.

The people that we've had to exclude from here (fancy word for ban!) are very few indeed, mostly spammers and the odd few who pushed and pushed us until we had nowhere else to go except to the 'bye bye' button.

The internet is a peculiar place that allows people to act and behave in a manner of their choosing - and not necessarily as they really are.

If you add that to forums, where some mods and admins can and do act like knobbs by flexing their cyber muscles and acting as though they are above the level everyone else have to adnere to, then we suddenly have an explosive mix.

I've been on enough good forums that have been ruined by the behaviour of the small clique in charge, to have insisted right from the start that we play fair to everyone on here - we don't even consider ourselves the first amongst equals, we are just fellow 'nutters' just like your good selves.

Ideals are great to have but they are not always easy to achieve in practice.

Mistakes have been made and painfully at times we have learned from them and grown better and stronger because of them.

I can't change history, if I could I would - even for a meaningless internet footy forum - because I didn't think what happened was right.

Well they say better late than never, and that situation as now been made good.

Yes it isn't pleasent to be banned especially when you believe you were not at fault - believe me I know - its happened more than once to me and I consider myself to be a true and honest soul, even being on the internet where such things are often alien to find!

But if the door on those sites where thrown open to me - and with an apology too - how long do you think I would last if I acted bitter and resentful and harped on about it all the time?

As for Natasha does it really matter if she is a she, he or it? Isn't it what the person posts and how they make you laugh what matters?

Is it important that we all live in big houses, drive expensive cars and have wonderful holidays to post on here, or is it what people can add and chip on with that makes you smile, or think, or possibly sometimes cry?

It's the internet.

Live and let live.

We're all here because we are Bolton fans.

If going to the match counts, then I must be the shittiest fan on here because I've not been for a few years now.

Does it really matter - football is only a game anyway.

On a personal note I'm really, really busy with work and have been for sometime recently, so I can't keep a lid on this if people really want to continue with the issues they have.

Something will have to give - and that will be a pity if it did come to that.

So how about giving us shit mods a break and lets not get focused on one issue all the time and we shit mods in return don't have to feel the urge to protect and defend themselves and to start removing posts and locking threads to do so?

It's out of my hands now, I've done my best.

Please let us move on and laugh again once more together.

You're both funny people and we need you both on here.

We really do.

22BDP v Whittam. - Page 2 Empty Re: BDP v Whittam. Wed Nov 05 2014, 22:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hear Hear. :clap:

23BDP v Whittam. - Page 2 Empty Re: BDP v Whittam. Wed Nov 05 2014, 22:12

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Words of wisdom from Sluffy.

24BDP v Whittam. - Page 2 Empty Re: BDP v Whittam. Wed Nov 05 2014, 22:12

Ban them all.

25BDP v Whittam. - Page 2 Empty Re: BDP v Whittam. Wed Nov 05 2014, 22:16

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Hear Hear. :clap:

Seconded

Although there may be some run-in (normally on financial issues) - one thing we both agree is that we all support Bolton Pattaya Wanderers and all care what happens to our club! 

Very Happy

26BDP v Whittam. - Page 2 Empty Re: BDP v Whittam. Wed Nov 05 2014, 22:20

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Fuck them they are pussies, ban them Twisted Evil :biggrin:

27BDP v Whittam. - Page 2 Empty Re: BDP v Whittam. Wed Nov 05 2014, 22:22

Mr Magoo wrote:Fuck them they are pussies, ban them Twisted Evil :biggrin:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

28BDP v Whittam. - Page 2 Empty Re: BDP v Whittam. Thu Nov 06 2014, 08:37

B.D.P

B.D.P
David Lee
David Lee

Well i just went to the bother of replying to your post Sluffy.

It's been deleted though  Laughing

Your site is pathetic.

29BDP v Whittam. - Page 2 Empty Re: BDP v Whittam. Thu Nov 06 2014, 10:42

BDP,

Were you that kid at school (every year had one), who spent all his time trying to get a reaction from the teachers by being "crazy" and generally being an attention-seeking dickhead?

We weren't laughing with you back then, you know......

30BDP v Whittam. - Page 2 Empty Re: BDP v Whittam. Thu Nov 06 2014, 11:28

B.D.P

B.D.P
David Lee
David Lee

No.

31BDP v Whittam. - Page 2 Empty Re: BDP v Whittam. Thu Nov 06 2014, 23:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

B.D.P wrote:Well i just went to the bother of replying to your post Sluffy.

It's been deleted though  Laughing

Your site is pathetic.

Sorry, I didn't get to see it.

Thanks anyway for your time and effort doing it.

Fwiw I'm glad you're still here and posting.

32BDP v Whittam. - Page 2 Empty Re: BDP v Whittam. Fri Nov 07 2014, 09:05

B.D.P

B.D.P
David Lee
David Lee

Surely admin can see what posts have been deleted?

Or find out why it was deleted?

As there was nothing in my post that should've caused it to be deleted.

33BDP v Whittam. - Page 2 Empty Re: BDP v Whittam. Fri Nov 07 2014, 23:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nope.

Admin can see who deleted the post and when but the post itself no longer exists.

Maybe the sites IT experts know a way to find and restore it (although I doubt it) but certainly to less IT knowledgable posters like myself there doesn't seem anyway to bring it back.

I'm not sure why this thread was locked either but it's probably better if I leave it that way - let sleeping dogs lie and all that jazz.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum