Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When should we be giving up driving?

+6
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:
I have tried to employ those principles within my driving and find it has helped me become more aware of what clowns there are driving.

Were you looking in the mirror at the time?
Why would I want to look in the mirror when I'm driving?
Quite right. Only women do that.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I also don't have a 'special' choke lever to hang things on like Nat does in her Ford Anglia!! Laughing

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

my Father in law still drives and he is 85 now,although he doesn't like to venture out too far anymore. The only problem is that he now drives too slow especially when he's not sure wheres he's going or looking for directions affraid

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Xmiles, not being funny, but how old are you ? I ask as its usually the older driver that is interested enough to do this course, (so I've been told)

I'm 64. You're right it is mainly older drivers that do this although IAM is encouraging younger drivers to get involved.

Same age as me. I might look into that when I retire next June, although I think my habit of driving fast might make it difficult for me.  Smile

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:
Same age as me. I might look into that when I retire next June, although I think my habit of driving fast might make it difficult for me.  Smile

As long as you stay within the speed limits and your speed is appropriate for the road conditions you will be fine. My mentor was very clear that you should make good progress and I remember being asked on one occasion why I was only doing 60 on a dual carriage road.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:

As long as you stay within the speed limits and your speed is appropriate for the road conditions you will be fine. My mentor was very clear that you should make good progress and I remember being asked on one occasion why I was only doing 60 on a dual carriage road.

I will look into it, although it will be one big challenge for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum